IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by CMSAB11 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:33 pm

Okay, look. I am fucking pissed.
For any of you who didn't get it the first time, LGBTQIA means:

LESBIAN
GAY
BISEXUAL
TRANSEXUAL
QUEER
INTERSEX
ASEXUAL

And guess what? Surprise, surprise, ALL of the above is perfectly WELCOME and SUPPORTED here. From the initial date it was founded, the Slums was intended to be a forum free of discrimination based on race, sex, religion or sexual orientation. We will NOT accept even the most IMPLICIT forms of hate on our turf.
So that's all good and dandy, right? It's an easy rule to follow, correct? Love each other, get along, don't spread the hate?
Is it really that difficult?
Well, apparently fucking so.

I had thought the days where "anti-gay" posts like this--
http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t204-i-told-matt-bout-this-place#3318
And so-called "straight-pride" posts like this--
http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t204-i-told-matt-bout-this-place#3331
had come to pass.

Much to my utter dismay, there has been a recent upsurge of this discrimination that I thought the Slums had dealt with.
When you say things like "I may not support homosexuality, but I tolerate it" or "it's nice to see MINORITIES come up, once in awhile" OR "I don't know how I feel about gays" that is so much worse than saying nothing at all. In fact, I want you to shut it if you have something like that to say. Believe me when I say that no one on this forum will want to hear that shit dribbling out of your mouth.

I should know how members of the LGBTQIA community feel. I'm one of them. Surprise, surprise. I've wanted to tell my friends so badly about how I'm bisexual and how I've kept it in for so long. But you know fucking what? It isn't "holy" to be bisexual. It isn't "morally right." My friends will only accept "straight" people under their definition of "normal." I'm automatically "straight" because I have a boyfriend. To the majority of this fucked up population, being in a heterosexual relationship means you MUST be straight as a board. And so, I am afraid to come out to them. My "best" friends.
And that is so fucking wrong.
In a way, I see the Slums as a sort of safe haven for me. I grew up in a very religious, closed-minded community. There are not many people I can talk to about my sexuality and about my favorite LGBTQIA pairings. It's basically the reason I joined.
It was liberating.

So why are we getting PMs from other members of the LGBTQIA community about how they have to take a break as a result of COMMUNITY discrimination? Why the FUCK are we driving them away?
We have many valued members who were, at one point, daily contributors, who are leaving the forum without any notice!
I mean...I'm seeing posts like this:
http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t815-your-life-a-z#11467
In which a member of our community removes an entire post that referenced his boyfriend. Sad

All I can ask, is...why? Why make all these derogatory cracks directed at us? It's sick, and it's wrong.
You know who you are. Please do us all a favor and stop. Whether you realize it or not, you are hurting people you don't even know and making them feel bad about who they are.
When you make a distinction between yourself and another person based on a difference in your attributes, INSTEAD of basing it on your individual merits (i.e. REGARDLESS of these attributes), you are DISCRIMINATING. PLEASE remember
that!!

Also, PLEASE remember that sexuality is NOT a choice! No one can chose who they are attracted to and what turns them on. You're straight? Okay, now try watching gay porn and masturbating. Doesn't work? Well, that's how it feels when you force a gay person to watch straight porn, and furthermore, to practice the straight lifestyle. It's hard going against your own nature, isn't it?
I will NOT tolerate this anymore.

If I see ANY derogatory comments, explicit or implicit, directed towards our LGBTQIA members or even in general, I will edit or delete your posts and give you a warning. If it persists, you will be BANNED. We are NOT having this on our forum.

Again, you know who you are. I'm not directing this toward everyone, only repeat offenders. Spread the love and stop the hate.
avatar
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2014-03-26
Age : 917
Location : everywhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:58 pm

I am sorry. I said that homosexuals must be respected even if you don't believe in it. I shouldn't have said that.
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Posts : 1927
Join date : 2014-10-26
Location : Nowhere

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:46 am

I was personally appalled by that idiot and the way he spoke to K3rry for having matt want to join this place.
I think you know my stance on  LGBTQIA Smile

What I dislike is when people assume all Christians are  "homophobic gay is wrong" bigots. There were times when I wished I were Asexual because as the song says "love hurts" and having someone special in my life has always been a goal of mine and it did not matter what gender they were, I just want to be happy like everyone does.
This is why I am what people label an "open christian" because we do not go on anti protests and groan about how sick transgender people are etc... nor do we say we "tolerate"

I accept all people, unless you're an asshole to me. That has nothing to do with race, gender, sexual preference or religion, if you hate me, ill be very pissed off


Bi-curiousity is also something many people including me have explored. Hey I think women's figures in particular are a lot sexier than men, however I like Men and am married. Does not mean I don't appreciate a sexy ass pic of Jane or Molly xD xD or Jessica Rabbit, then again who doesn't love J Rabbit? 
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:48 am

it makes me rather sad that TheoDW felt that way. Sad
The slums is the only forum where people have not spewed out their verbal crap at me. They haven't spread gossip or screen capped nasty messages about me. you guys accept my crazy and i love it
So in turn Id never hurt a person on here
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by A Lotta Moms on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:57 am

I'm A Lotta Moms, and I approve this message.

Seriously, this notice raises a lot of issues that had been simmering beneath the surface for some time.  Even going back to the earlier days of the Slums, I remember receiving occasional complaints about potentially-offensive posts such as those in question.  I'd addressed the issue by making minor post edits and issuing PM reminders/warnings, but I think it's time to bring the issue to the fore and make it abundantly clear what our position is around here.

I hate to think that any long-standing members have felt put-off by any discriminatory comments, whether intentional or unintentional.  If anyone has, I apologize for not being more proactive earlier on and reigning in that sort of behavior the moment it happened.  Some of our most devoted and enthusiastic contributors are members of the LGBT community.  I take offhanded comments about this demographic group as seriously as I would take derogatory racial remarks.  In short, it'll a fast-track, one-way ticket to the Quite Dead cemetery.

I know that some of this was already touched upon in the recent "PEASE READ" topic, but anti-LGBT sentiment has been ongoing enough to warrant a separate notice.  I sincerely hope that this ceases to be an issue, and that everyone here can get along and co-exist harmoniously in the future.
avatar
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

Posts : 5081
Join date : 2014-01-26
Location : Florida

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:04 am

I guess it comes under the umbrella of member discrimination right?
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by A Lotta Moms on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:08 am

Yep!
avatar
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

Posts : 5081
Join date : 2014-01-26
Location : Florida

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:19 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:it makes me rather sad that TheoDW felt that way. Sad
The slums is the only forum where people have not spewed out their verbal crap at me. They haven't spread gossip or screen capped nasty messages about me. you guys accept my crazy and i love it
So in turn Id never hurt a person on here

I accept you ArthurXFrancineFan. Everyone here except maybe BionicBunny accepts you. We can't worry about him anymore because he is a thing of the past.

The slums is a very good forum. DeviantART was a site full of hatred and condemnation for everything you can imagine. The people on there were seriously ill and/or trolls. The excuses they would use for their actions is "freedom of speech" or "I can say whatever I want." They want their opinions to be heard. Freedom of Speech doesn't mean create 2 hour long rant videos, make hate/kill art, bully people, give people unwanted criticism, etc. It means you are protected by law to think how you wanna think.
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Posts : 1927
Join date : 2014-10-26
Location : Nowhere

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:58 am

avatar
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Posts : 3970
Join date : 2014-03-14
Location : $ac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:21 am

The Pop Cult Gamer wrote:
ArthurFrancineFan wrote:it makes me rather sad that TheoDW felt that way. Sad
The slums is the only forum where people have not spewed out their verbal crap at me. They haven't spread gossip or screen capped nasty messages about me. you guys accept my crazy and i love it
So in turn Id never hurt a person on here

I accept you ArthurXFrancineFan. Everyone here except maybe BionicBunny accepts you. We can't worry about him anymore because he is a thing of the past.

The slums is a very good forum. DeviantART was a site full of hatred and condemnation for everything you can imagine. The people on there were seriously ill and/or trolls. The excuses they would use for their actions is "freedom of speech" or "I can say whatever I want." They want their opinions to be heard. Freedom of Speech doesn't mean create 2 hour long rant videos, make hate/kill art, bully people, give people unwanted criticism, etc. It means you are protected by law to think how you wanna think.


Thank you popcult.
Pretty much any actual prejudice counts as an attack on a member such as what happened with theoDW
Well another member on here and me have had a disagreement or two but its to be taken with a pinch of salt. if its over a cartoon character its hardly a dramatic issue lolz. Now if someone were to say "you are stupid, fat, a bitch" etc then yes thats harassment of a member for whatever reason just as disliking a member on here purely because they are gay. Its like racism when someone gets along great with you until they find out you have Jewish blood....or in my case depression, having mental illness put alot of people off IRL.
Screw em!!!

K3rry off course chicks digg u xxx
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:28 pm

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:
The Pop Cult Gamer wrote:
ArthurFrancineFan wrote:it makes me rather sad that TheoDW felt that way. Sad
The slums is the only forum where people have not spewed out their verbal crap at me. They haven't spread gossip or screen capped nasty messages about me. you guys accept my crazy and i love it
So in turn Id never hurt a person on here

I accept you ArthurXFrancineFan. Everyone here except maybe BionicBunny accepts you. We can't worry about him anymore because he is a thing of the past.

The slums is a very good forum. DeviantART was a site full of hatred and condemnation for everything you can imagine. The people on there were seriously ill and/or trolls. The excuses they would use for their actions is "freedom of speech" or "I can say whatever I want." They want their opinions to be heard. Freedom of Speech doesn't mean create 2 hour long rant videos, make hate/kill art, bully people, give people unwanted criticism, etc. It means you are protected by law to think how you wanna think.


Thank you popcult.
Pretty much any actual prejudice counts as an attack on a member such as what happened with theoDW
Well another member on here and me have had a disagreement or two but its to be taken with a pinch of salt. if its over a cartoon character its hardly a dramatic issue lolz. Now if someone were to say "you are stupid, fat, a bitch" etc then yes thats harassment of a member for whatever reason just as disliking a member on here purely because they are gay. Its like racism when someone gets along great with you until they find out you have Jewish blood....or in my case depression, having mental illness put alot of people off IRL.
Screw em!!!

K3rry off course chicks digg u xxx

You're welcome. If people start hating on you because Francine is your favorite character and you ship ArthurXFrancine tell A Lotta Moms, Meg or Snowth Poogle
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Posts : 1927
Join date : 2014-10-26
Location : Nowhere

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by Roabe on Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:19 pm

Yet another reason "Arthur" is the greatest show ever. In spite of a few curmudgeons, our fandom is one of the most accepting and open-minded, compared to the fandoms of a lot of other shows.
avatar
Roabe
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

Posts : 365
Join date : 2014-02-06
Location : Lakewood, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:01 pm

hope matt comes back then

avatar
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Posts : 3970
Join date : 2014-03-14
Location : $ac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:06 pm

The Arthur Fandom is one of the few good fandoms. But there will always be bad apples in any fandom.

Arthur is probably one of the best fandoms out there. A Lotta Moms, Snowth Poogle, ArthurXFrancineFan, etc. are angels and have all really helped me. Even Kerry9Story has stood up for me. And I really thank all of them for that.
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Posts : 1927
Join date : 2014-10-26
Location : Nowhere

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:11 pm

u need come Cali bro,ima hook u up w b3cky or some shit
avatar
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Posts : 3970
Join date : 2014-03-14
Location : $ac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:47 pm

hehee Very Happy
Yeah this is a good forum. The only problems tend to be on fanfiction and people get way to concerned over shipping. plus the stories and the caliber right now, (Castration and roast beefism) are rather disturbing. I have had a couple of messages, one from a guy who says Arthur is to be taken seriously!!! lol Chill out man Smile
Everyone has been kind on here and i hope your friend comes back K3RRY Smile
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:00 am

This is what Arthur is about right?
Everyone has an original point of view Very Happy
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by Kerry9Story on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:03 am

anyone dont like this shit needs be killed.
avatar
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Posts : 3970
Join date : 2014-03-14
Location : $ac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:07 pm

LOVE is LOVE

LOL
Buster: "Ah Arthur, did you just slap my ass"
Arthur: "No, just giving it a grab" "feels gooood"
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by CMSAB11 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Arthur likes DAT @$$
avatar
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2014-03-26
Age : 917
Location : everywhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Buster: "ah Im not ready for this just yet..."
The look on his face haha priceless
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Ok anyway back to the SRS Business
There are also people who do the "look at me I'm so controversial"
"I kissed a girl and I liked it" Katy perry. Complete publicity stunt and Miley virus sorry Cyrus, latest marriage to her GF of five week just because  "she can"
FIVE WEEKS???
"look at me Im lesbian"
People also use this now for their own fame.
I personally do not think Miley is, she is seeking attention the same way Lindsay was when she dated that Samantha chick who was a rather attractive young woman (not lindsay, her girlfriend) anyway I am not saying in anyway they are not bisexual or curious etc..
There are tons of people who are desperate for transgender surgery, including a friend of mine who has to take hormone pills and such because she wants to become a woman and is unable to due to lack of funds. This is what annoys me about people like Catilyn Jenner, well any Kardashian related being. "Its a kardashian RUUN"
Meanwhile people like Patricia Arquettes transgender sister fade out of the spotlight because they dont go around saying "look at me everyone, i need attention"
I am not saying Bruce Jenner did not feel he needed this surgery, not at all and its cool she has, I mean celebrities are abusing this...
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:00 pm

"We have manners, we're polite" here Wink on the slums


hee hee
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:01 am

In the words of one of the most famous Transsexual actress/models in the world right now:

AMEN
avatar
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Posts : 5201
Join date : 2015-02-10
Age : 29
Location : Where the wild things are

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by pokemonlover731 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:59 pm

I sometimes dont get why some people make a big deal about someone being gay and how its "wrong" its not like we're hurting anyone I consider myself to be gray- asexual homoromantic  but  im not hurting anyone's soul so yeah.
avatar
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

Posts : 262
Join date : 2015-09-14
Age : 16
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum