Yep
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Slums are LGBTQIA Friendly

Post by CMSAB11 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:40 pm

Your sexual orientation is like your ethnicity. It's what you were born with. It's who you are. There's nothing you can do to change it. As I mentioned earlier in this topic, I'm bisexual, myself. I've noticed that I've had attraction to both genders since I was very young, actually. It's all apart of getting to know yourself as you get older.

People believe that being "gay," transgender, asexual, etc. are all wrong because none of that fits into their social constructs. Most people have very traditional perspectives on sexual orientation, decisions to get married, family structure (ex. the nuclear family) etc. That's okay. What's not okay is when people start stigmatizing those who are different from them because they either don't understand, or don't care to learn. Those who are so deeply rooted in their belief systems often fail to examine issues from multiple perspectives. Really, all we ask is for people to be more open-minded and tolerant...is that so much to ask? That's something I will never understand about people...just how someone could be so unwavering in their beliefs that no amount of evidence or facts can persuade them to consider other sides. How they choose to be discriminatory because that's how they feel they can survive in this world, against the threat of something as dangerous as a lesbian or someone who is non-binary...-_-

Particularly with some hardcore religious individuals, an "attack" (like simply existing if you're gay/non-binary/etc.  Rolling Eyes ) on any part of their belief systems can seem to come off as a personal insult. I remember talking to a friend in high school one day when this girl comes up and tells us that her friend was dating another girl...my friend just shook her head and said that was crazy. Like all lesbians are crazy party girls who want to have wild sex and come on to other girls regardless of their sexual orientation.

It just didn't fit within either of their belief systems, so they discriminated against it. Instead of opening their minds up to the possibility that lesbian relationships are mostly the same as straight relationships, and not a big deal, they fell back on negative stereotypes. Stereotypes...I could go one and on about stereotypes.

I could go on and on about this topic, too, but I'll stop. Razz
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:35 pm

Unfortunately, this sort of discrimination still persists in our society thanks to closed-minded bigots who think they have the slightest justification imposing their scripted values on other peoples' relationships and private lives.  These are the same types of people who, when it was more socially acceptable for them to do so, brought us historical highlights like segregation, slavery, refusing women the right to vote, lynchings, or worse.  There's more than enough scientific evidence at this point to establish a solid genetic predisposition to sexual orientation.  In fact, the specific genes that contribute to one's sexual orientation have been identified.  The notion that it's some sort of arbitrary belief system or political position "to be gay" is backwards nonsense.  Even if it was, then it's no different from choosing to be in a relationship with someone of a particular hair color, skin color, or age bracket.  It's a fundamental freedom that we're all born with.  
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 pm

on a second note one thing i dont get is why some parents freak out when their kid who is like 2 years old is in the room and they show a gay or lesbian couple holding hands they make a big deal about it its like, Ma'am/Sir your child is only two they dont even know what LGBTQIA+ is
all there probaly thinking  is OOOH pretty colors,and then they blame the show for making their child gay which is not true 
(if their child does come out to them when they are older) all it will teach them is that there are other people out there just like them and that it is okay to be who they are.
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:33 pm

I know what you mean, and it's likewise very unfortunate that children are taught to be intolerant at such a young age.  It's something that hits close to home for the Arthur franchise as well, since that type of knee-jerk overreaction was what led to the whole political uproar over "Postcards From Buster" after the show bravely portrayed a lesbian family in a positive light.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:08 am

It's awful in the Christian community how homophobic we usually are. I am a part of this community, and my beliefs are that God wants us to love everyone and hating anybody for any thing isn't what Jesus said ever, so why the fuck should that be considered a 'prime directive' by so many Christian people? Not to mention that with using your brain when reading the Bible verses that people use as excuses to be terrible homophobic shits, the theology is pretty clear that the bible is not against gay people or gay marriage, and is probably pro. Same goes for transgender people too. There is nothing in the bible that even references transgender people and certainly doesn't condone violence or condemnation, but it seems to be an inherited hatred in the Christian community. I could go into the theology and reasonings, but that would need a different thread. Anyway, I was talking to my friend today who is also a Christian, and who has the same beliefs as I do, which is a blessing. I've seen parents of friends laughing when their kids make a *aggot joke, and I'm almost constantly surrounded by people who hate, or at best 'tolerate.' I am currently trying to understand my sexuality, and I have no one I can talk to about it. If I have something to come out about, or if im even unsure, I'm going to lose people for it! I don't even know what I am yet! I sincerely hope that the opinions and beliefs of Christians today will become what they're supposed to be: love. My consolation is I know it's possible for Christians to get rid of they're hatred. back in the days of ECC, I was a homophobic lil shit. I'm still ashamed of the things I said and did, and I'm going to make sure to do my part here to make things better for everyone.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:17 am

Wild Starry Moony wrote:It's awful in the Christian community how homophobic we usually are. I am a part of this community, and my beliefs are that God wants us to love everyone and hating anybody for any thing isn't what Jesus said ever, so why the fuck should that be considered a 'prime directive' by so many Christian people? Not to mention that with using your brain when reading the Bible verses that people use as excuses to be terrible homophobic shits, the theology is pretty clear that the bible is not against gay people or gay marriage, and is probably pro. Same goes for transgender people too. There is nothing in the bible that even references transgender people and certainly doesn't condone violence or condemnation, but it seems to be an inherited hatred in the Christian community. I could go into the theology and reasonings, but that would need a different thread. Anyway, I was talking to my friend today who is also a Christian, and who has the same beliefs as I do, which is a blessing. I've seen parents of friends laughing when their kids make a *aggot joke, and I'm almost constantly surrounded by people who hate, or at best 'tolerate.' I am currently trying to understand my sexuality, and I have no one I can talk to about it. If I have something to come out about, or if im even unsure, I'm going to lose people for it! I don't even know what I am yet! I sincerely hope that the opinions and beliefs of Christians today will become what they're supposed to be: love. My consolation is I know it's possible for Christians to get rid of they're hatred. back in the days of ECC, I was a homophobic lil shit. I'm still ashamed of the things I said and did, and I'm going to make sure to do my part here to make things better for everyone.

God loves gays. It's a lie whenever people say "God hates gays." Don't listen to Westboro Bapist Church, they are a hate group and they are false prophets.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:38 am

Wild Starry Moony wrote:It's awful in the Christian community how homophobic we usually are. I am a part of this community, and my beliefs are that God wants us to love everyone and hating anybody for any thing isn't what Jesus said ever, so why the fuck should that be considered a 'prime directive' by so many Christian people? Not to mention that with using your brain when reading the Bible verses that people use as excuses to be terrible homophobic shits, the theology is pretty clear that the bible is not against gay people or gay marriage, and is probably pro. Same goes for transgender people too. There is nothing in the bible that even references transgender people and certainly doesn't condone violence or condemnation, but it seems to be an inherited hatred in the Christian community. I could go into the theology and reasonings, but that would need a different thread. Anyway, I was talking to my friend today who is also a Christian, and who has the same beliefs as I do, which is a blessing. I've seen parents of friends laughing when their kids make a *aggot joke, and I'm almost constantly surrounded by people who hate, or at best 'tolerate.' I am currently trying to understand my sexuality, and I have no one I can talk to about it. If I have something to come out about, or if im even unsure, I'm going to lose people for it! I don't even know what I am yet! I sincerely hope that the opinions and beliefs of Christians today will become what they're supposed to be: love. My consolation is I know it's possible for Christians to get rid of they're hatred. back in the days of ECC, I was a homophobic lil shit. I'm still ashamed of the things I said and did, and I'm going to make sure to do my part here to make things better for everyone.

YAY God bless ya little sis
The lord loves everyone and I admit when I was in my teens er a long time ago I struggled with the rights and perceived wrongs too until I started battling my OWN sexuality and became attracted to females myself. Yeah, it went from bi-curious to being in a relationship and It felt the exact same as being in a relationship with a "straight man" did lol, only there were subtle differences.
I was still a virgin then but again, it does not mean I was not in a relationship with a female which is another thing that annoys me, because if you are not having "Sex" then you are not really dating a person. ORLY? I have dated a couple of guys, not many in my day and did not sleep with them either.

I do now have many open christian friends online, but am able to meet up with them in the UK when I go... bounce bounce bounce
They are all cool, awesome people and some of them are gay and being gay and a christian is a battle they face daily....
So yeah, its cool having such an open acceptance here and none of this beating around the bush bull shit, just say it.
IM A sexual
I am BiSEXUAL
I'M CURIOUS
I'M TRANSGENDER
IM MARRIED etc....

Celebrate who you are.
Its hard because there will always be people, be it family or "friends" that put you down for who you are. They can piss off. They are not true Christians or nice people in general

Its not just Westboro church. There are many anti gay, jew and black (mainly in the southern states but not restricted to) Which is disgusting...

I believe these crude judgmental people are answerable to god
People like BionicBunny, who claims to be a straight laced 15 yr old christian boy, well that sack of hatred has a lot to learn!!!!
Anyway

Rainbow days ahead
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:30 am

Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Big sis, little sis

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:14 am

ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:33 pm

Wow today I heard there is 6th grader who is gay thats the first time I,ve ever heard that someone below 7th grade was gay
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Well orientation/sexuality gets really developed usually by puberty, but it can manifest in many ways when you are younger. I remember being seven years old and on one hand I already liked how ladies looked, but didn't have any crushes on them, and on the other I really wanted guys to 'kissy like' me and tried to impress them. By puberty they both looked pretty dam* fine and while I have crushes and am attracted to guys more regularly, I still like the ladies and occaisionally get a crush here and there.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Very true.  Just as some pre-pubescent heterosexual children can begin to feel hints of attraction to members of the opposite sex, the same holds just as true for those of homosexual or bisexual orientations.  It just reinforces how very natural it is to feel attracted to whoever you feel attracted to, and follow your heart.

Most scientists these days maintain that sexuality is relatively hard-wired.  While there's no known single gene that absolutely determines whether one will be gay, straight or bisexual, there is good evidence that a series of genes, combined with other biological factors such as in utero environment and birth order, create a strong predisposition to be of a particular sexuality.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:35 am

well my bro b3n's gay who use work kr0g3r w me fore hella shit went down an hadda stay halfway house Crying or Very sad bro hadmy back w cops an in court an shit so anyone goin round sayen it aint ok bein gay needs theyre head in a fucken cr4nk >_<
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:06 am

I fell like if a kid is able to have a crush on someone of the oppisite sex than a another one is able to have a crush on someone of the same sex sure they might not know anything abut sexuality until they are older
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:56 pm

i member hella back when im all l'il grrl an shit i used have B4rb13$ an be all looken up skirt but goddamn marty my fucken dog whose dead now used chew em up an shit Crying or Very sad
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:03 am

pokemonlover731 wrote:I fell like if a kid is able to have a crush on someone of the oppisite sex than a another one is able to have a crush on someone of the same sex sure they might not know anything abut sexuality until they are older

It all depends on how the kid is raised. You form the basis of your belief systems, morals, etc. from your parents (this is why they need to be so careful with what they say). If the parents are open-minded and teach their child that having a crush on someone who's the same gender is okay, then yes, they would know about their sexuality from a young age and accept it. If that is shunned and the child is made to believe it's wrong, then they could have a very difficult time with their sexuality. Unfortunately, they might be closeted until they learn it's okay. Sad
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:44 pm

Yeah it takes some people a long time to be okay with their sexuality im sure there are some gay guys in their 50s that became okay with it after a long time
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:43 pm

That's just so sad. Some probably never accept themselves...I hate to think about that.

You know what's also really sad? Gay couples having to wait DECADES for gay marriage to be legalized so they can finally tie the knot. Sad

This is so sweet... ;_;
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:53 pm

AWWW its amazing How some gay and lesbian couples waited a really long time just to get married Its a good things it legal all over the united states now but some places in the world are not ready yet
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:09 pm

We're getting there. Baby steps. It's all going in the right direction. Smile
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:59 am

Yeah we are one day maybe not today or tommorow we will have gay marriage legalized all over the world
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Definitely! Someday it just won't be a big deal anymore. Smile
CMSAB11

View user profile