Most Surprisingly Good Episodes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Most Surprisingly Good Episodes.

Post by MatthewHecht on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:57 pm

What are the episodes you thought would be horrible (due to title, synopsis, or word-of-mouth), yet they turned out to be good?
For me it would be
Pet Projects: I thought it was just another bad Kate and Pal episode, but I actually really enjoyed seeing Pal and Nemo being frenemies.
Buster's Book Battle: I was hating episode after episode in season 16, but then I loved this one. It insulted the Accelerated Reader program, which I had wanted to see for a few years. It also had an intriguing plot on reading, which reminded me of the older episodes.
Director's Cut/Crime and Consequences: I figured out Buster's Book Battle was just a great fluke, and the bad episodes continued, until I saw this one. I was tearing the plots apart, but I still enjoyed it.
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll Arthur: I thought it would just be some cast members showing off their musical talent, when it instead had a very good story.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Surprisingly Good Episodes.

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:06 pm

I knew "Its only rock n roll" would be great, lol l love music and it was cute seeing the cast play.

Um I actually found the episode where Muffy made a reality show and then realized she was being portrayed a spoiled little cow, well moreso than she actually is offended her. No one liked the show and she deliberately showed off her nicer side and complimented Bailey, who is basically her father/older brother and best friend in one.

I loved how Buster thought Muffys horrible spoiled behavior was "Amazing" he said was so "Ruthless" yeah so I was impressed with that one ^-^

Pet Projects: YES that is the one talking animal episode I liked. I do like the love/hate relationship they have, does it parallel Arthur x Francine's? well I guess Francine is at Arthurs alot more as a friend,  but Nemo does not really HATE pal and when they got together and worked things out it was actually kind of sweet. Nemo isn't that bad afterall. Being a dog lover myself, I am always on Pals side lol so this was cute
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:48 pm

The reality show episode is "Caught in the Crosswires", and I agree that it was good. I did not describe, because I found that starting with "The Director's Cut/Crime and Consequences" season 17 really picked up, and I was expecting good episodes by then.
I found the Pal and Nemo friendship reminded me of Fern and Francine. They both gave plenty of insults and death glares, mixed with compliments and good nature. yet they would find ways to put their differences aside and run a band, survive getting lost, and with Fern not revealing the love note fiasco.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:20 pm

"Buster's Book Battle" is one of those episodes. Judging by the title, you could assume that it would be a recycling of "Buster Hits the Books", and while there are some small similarities, it's more or less something of a satire of kids books and how certain books interest certain kids. The Loki series is an excellent representation of all these different kinds of fantastic tween book series that many kids get hooked on (Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, etc.); Ratburn's concern of certain literary classic being omitted from the computer system is also a good representation of how kids today would probably have no interest in reading the works of Harper Lee or Mark Twain (I never even heard of THE GREAT GATSBY until they did that movie, and that's supposedly high school reading material). And of course, the manuscript for the cyborg detective (whose name is escaping me at the moment) was right up Buster's alley, and honestly, it really did sound like it would make for a cool book . . . and it must have it was already made into a movie by "On the Buster Scale", which was that particular episode's B-story.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:38 pm

It's so funny how Ratburn mentioned Watership Down. That book and its animated movie is scary as hell. I swear man, for a animated movie made in 1978. That is the most scariest thing ever drawn on paper!
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:44 am

MatthewHecht wrote:The reality show episode is "Caught in the Crosswires", and I agree that it was good.  I did not describe, because I found that starting with "The Director's Cut/Crime and Consequences" season 17 really picked up, and I was expecting good episodes by then.
      I found the Pal and Nemo friendship reminded me of Fern and Francine.  They both gave plenty of insults and death glares, mixed with compliments and good nature.  yet they would find ways to put their differences aside and run a band, survive getting lost, and with Fern not revealing the love note fiasco.      
Actually yes, Francine and Fern do not seem to mesh well. They barely converse with each other as it is and yes they have both been mean to each other BUT Francine did go to Fern for advice when she wanted to decorate her and Catherines room. So they have an on and off friendship but I do not know if Francine is still raw after the satircal comic that nearly gave her a breakdown, hence them not being written as "besties"
You do not see Fern with Arthur a lot.
Fern hangs out with Buster but mostly George and Jenna etc and Sue ellen but then again everyone tends to hang around her since she is always there kind of like Maria.

Yeah I remember Watership downs....There is no way a teacher would have read that to us at eight yrs old. I'd have nightmares for the next three years pale No No
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:49 am

What's even more ironic is Art Garfunkel sings in the movie and he was in The Ballad Of Buster!
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:08 am

I like Art Garfunkel
He has an amazing voice...
lol at how annoyed Buster was
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:10 am

He's a Sad Sad Bunny! A Sad Sad Bunny! TV While You're Sad Is Not Very Funny! Ye-Hah!
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:14 am

his reaction
lol
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:16 am

That should be in the Hilarious Screenshots board
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:03 am

hmmm i thought i put it there?
i will
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:14 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:
MatthewHecht wrote:The reality show episode is "Caught in the Crosswires", and I agree that it was good.  I did not describe, because I found that starting with "The Director's Cut/Crime and Consequences" season 17 really picked up, and I was expecting good episodes by then.
      I found the Pal and Nemo friendship reminded me of Fern and Francine.  They both gave plenty of insults and death glares, mixed with compliments and good nature.  yet they would find ways to put their differences aside and run a band, survive getting lost, and with Fern not revealing the love note fiasco.      
Actually yes, Francine and Fern do not seem to mesh well. They barely converse with each other as it is and yes they have both been mean to each other BUT Francine did go to Fern for advice when she wanted to decorate her and Catherines room. So they have an on and off friendship but I do not know if Francine is still raw after the satircal comic that nearly gave her a breakdown, hence them not being written as "besties"
You do not see Fern with Arthur a lot.
Fern hangs out with Buster but mostly George and Jenna etc and Sue ellen but then again everyone tends to hang around her since she is always there kind of like Maria.

Yeah I remember Watership downs....There is no way a teacher would have read that to us at eight yrs old. I'd have nightmares for the next three years pale No No

I remember Fern giving Arthur advice in a few episodes (I'm a Poet, Flaw and Order, and Arthur the Loser), but the only times I can remember them talking in friendship are "boy who Cried Comet."  Fern seems strangely interested in Arthur's morning routine. they are also geeks of a feather in "Tales of Grotesquely Grimm Bunny." It seems to be more of mutual interest than friendship.  
       I admit "Buster's Book Battle" had a problem with Mr. Ratburn suggesting high school level works.  I presume High schoolers use the same list, and he was really thinking out loud to himself.  Speaking of Watership Down Elil-Hrair-Rah (I can pronounce it, not spell it) has really taken over Elwood City.  If Frith does nothing they will soon be bowing to their rabbit overlords.  Laughing
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:54 pm

I think Arthur  being the main character, has to have some similar interests to every one of his class mates. He can play piano so he has common interests with Sue ellen, Francine and molly, well actually Arthur and Molly have developed a close friendship like the pool episode for instance. So having common interests with Fern would make sense. Him and Buster are best Friends...I guess because opposites attract and Buster is friendly, sensitive and humorous. Arthur helps out most of the characters at one stage. So Fern would be part of that circle. Like you said though, she is not a close friend of his and they would most likely lose touch over the years. Fern would probably stay friends with George and possibly Jenna but then again there is not a lot to her character since she plays sport and wets the bed and that is all we get.
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:10 pm

for me it was the "Agent of Change." To me the title made no sense and the season wasn't exactly promising. It wasn't on the season 1-5 level, wasn't anywhere close, but it was just an interesting episode to watch, not particularly becuase of the premise, but I liked the idea of making a movie out of cardboard and pictures. :3 just fun to watch.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:19 pm

I recently noticed season 14 theme seemed to be fiction. Agent of Change was on cartoons, "Falafelosophy" was on books, "Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny" was on changing interests in fiction. "Muffy and the Big Bad Blog" was on the dangers of new media.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:01 pm

BEST EPISODE EVER
It was pretty close to season 1-5 Very Happy
Molly and Francine oh yeah and Muffy lol combined to create a female protagonist was awesome!! I wish there would be more episodes like that
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 am

Francines Bad hair day...
I did not think it would be that good, but it was. Busters burp, prunellas electrecuted hair and the hinted shipping part at the end....
 Arthur comes up and asks Francine for a trade of pictures.
She agrees and Arthur looks at her picture and likes it, Francine likes Arthur's also. Muffy walks away regretting that Francine will never be like her. Arthur asks for a game of kickball and Francine answers yes. They both run outside to play another game.

Was it just me or was Season one a very Franther centric season?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:06 am

Another surprisingly good one is "Buster's Secret Admirer." I remember before season 16 a few people were calling it the second worst episode after "In my Africa." I watched it to see how bad it was, but I ended up really liking seeing Buster flirting with Molly and Fern. I also enjoyed Muffy's reaction. Granted it had a disappointing ending, but the middle was very entertaining.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Yes I was rather intrigued by that episode but the ending annoyed me.
I thought the part where Molly burst the balloons was hilarious. Even though Muffy appeared disgusted by his gesture, she seemed to know his handwriting and that it was him almost instantly so she obviously has something there for him.
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top