Favorite Episode?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Episode?

Post by BionicBunny on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:04 am

What is your favorite episode of ARTHUR? For mow,it's always been ARTHUR'S MYSTERY ENVELOPE.I could relate to Arthur's dilemma,because when I was a kid,I was always a little reluctant to tell my parents about stuff going on at school(like getting bullied,getting detention,etc.) and I thought the musical score was exceptional in this episode as well.

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Episode?

Post by A Lotta Moms on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:32 pm

I'd say I probably have it narrowed down to two or three episodes that had an unusually epic and dreamlike feel to them.  

1.  Jenna's Bedtime Blues.  This one felt almost like Alice in Wonderland.  The slumber party sequence had a surreal and enchanting feel to it.  Running down the halls of a strange mansion the middle of the night, strange dreams about elephants and Scotsmen, sprawled out in a waterbed with space-age TV gadgets, a secret sisterhood's pact...not to mention Buster collapsing and wiggling on a complete stranger's lawn, Francine as a telecaster, and lots and lots of pee!  This episode really made Jenna a more sympathetic character.

2.  The Long, Dull Winter.  This episode felt so much longer than 15 minutes, I actually wonder whether or not it was originally planned as a much longer special.  I have a special nostalgia for the many long Winter months I spent in the Midwest as child, savoring their bland and wonderfully nondescript atmosphere.  Somehow, this episode captured that atmosphere incredibly well.  That, and were just so many little surprises, like Francine's spontaneous "Nothing to Do Today Day" song, Buster ballooning to 300 pounds, and best of all, the abstract art film Arthur and Buster walked out on.  "Do you understand this movie?"  "Not really..."  If you look closely at the imagery, you'll notice a few scenes from Kubrick films such as Space Odyssey 2001.  Being a Kubrick fan, it's tough not to appreciate those little moments.

Happy Anniversary is another one that ranks highly. I'll add more on that later.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nope on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Probably "The Contest" or "The Scare Your Pants Off Book Club". "The Contest" was an entertaining look into the cast's creativity, even if they lost out to that Holly Holland. The other episode is just good ol' fashioned fun and a fantastic satire of protectionist groups that make gripes out of nothing.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:13 pm

It was great seeing the show parody South Park, thusly suggesting that some serious probing was about to commence.

A Lotta Moms

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BionicBunny on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:18 pm

I also enjoyed THE CONTEST.I enjoyed the little homages to other tv shows.

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:15 pm

I like the one where they go to the park and get into a game or race, maybe it was baseball with the others?  Or it was maybe baseball during recess when they usually play it, but anyway they played it and got told they had to clean up by that old guy who comes and brings help for them to do it.  I cant remember but i thnk DW wanted to help or she didn't but Arthur needed permission from his mom to go do it.  I just dont get why he needs permission to do something good, but then he goes and does osmething bad like snuck into the dump and got his shit ruined?  :-o  So I guess it was good for me like that cause it helped show how you should live life the right way and make your troubles in your good life into good work.  Really it makes me feel better to see this cause it shows how we should be.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BionicBunny on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:34 pm

Don't recall ever seeing that one.It sounds good though.

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top