Any Watching Rituals?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any Watching Rituals?

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:26 pm

I was just curious to know if anyone else here besides me have any sort of rituals when it comes to watching ARTHUR?

I'm actually this way about a few shows that I watch, but then again, I'm a very ritualistic and habitual person by nature. I don't have as many little rituals when it comes to ARTHUR like I do other shows (such as M*A*S*H, for instance), but there are certain episodes that I like to watch around certain times of the year:

During particularly cold spells in January, I like to watch "Arthur's Snow Biz / Bugged" . . . I don'tknow why, but it's perhaps one of my favorite Season 8 episodes, and I just like it.

Usually during the month of August, I like to watch a double-whammy of "1001 Dads / Prunella's Prediction" and "What is That Thing? / Buster's Best Behavior" - a couple of great examples of what a fantastic season Season 4 was, lol. This little ritual, however, isn't quite as regular/solid as my others, though.

During the month of September I have another double-whammy that I like even better: "D.W.'s Deer Friend / Buster Hits the Books" and "What Scared Sue Ellen? / Clarissa is Cracked." Both superb episodes, the former having a lot of fun moments, such as D.W. effecting the family camping trip, to Buster's attempts to read books told through classic Crazy Joe parodies; while the latter simply has a pair of nice stories, especially since we see D.W. in a slightly different light for a change.

During the last week of November, I really like to watch "Arthur's First Sleepover / Arthur's New Year's Eve" every night before bed - I'm not entirely sure how or why I started this ritual, but it's something I've been doing for a number of years now.

A few of my older rituals I used to have when I was much younger that I don't necessarily observe much anymore included occasionally reserving "D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy" as a bedtime favorite, watching certain episodes like "Arthur's Family Vaction" and "The Short, Quick Summer" during summer vacation, and "The Blizzard / The Rat Who Came to Dinner" on those rare occasions where we'd see snow.

Oh, and of course, I fully intend to make "Best Wishes / The Tardy Tumbler" a regular viewing pleasure for the month of October from now on. Twisted Evil

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Watching Rituals?

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:00 pm

I have some episodes I habitually avoid, simply because I would watch Arthur on the PBS kids website, and they had this evil trick where theyd only have ten episodes at a time, and theyd bring in episodes they had labeled "new" but weren't, and they LOVED "Busters Carpool Catastophe." UGH, I'm never going to get those technicolors out of my skull.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:05 pm

My rituals would include that in the Summer between 2nd and 3rd grade I would wake up at 8 to watch Arthur. Then at 3 I would get excited to see Postcards from Buster was coming on. I was not excited about that show, but that Arthur came on next. I would then re-watch the episode, and focus on the smaller things I missed the previous showing. After that I only got home early enough to watch Arthur on Fridays. As soon as school was over I would turn PBS on (normally Bob the Builder was on then), so I could wait for Arthur, Martha Speaks, Fetch, and Cyberchase.
Now I typically watch whatever episode is on, ones I am interested in on the internet, or what I am doing now and going through the series in chronological order (I am halfway through with season 14) and then look up the episode on Arthur wiki for trivia and errors. I then go back and skim for them.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top