"The Blackout"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Blackout"

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:22 pm

There's something that's occured to me about this episode:

A running gag throughout is references to how Dr. Jake's predictions are always wrong, and continuity nods to "The Blizzard," where Jake's predictions during the blizzard weren't very accurate, to wit:

"Don't worry, there's a zero-percent chance of freezing rain!"

*Cue freezing rain*

But anyway, here's what's odd: at one point, even Ramon remarks about Jake's predicitions always being wrong . . . but "The Blizzard" took place before the Molinas moved to town, so unless there's been other occasions of severe weather conditions and such that we've never seen between the events of "The Blizzard" and "The Blackout," it seems a little odd that they're already familiar with this dimwitted DJ.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The Blackout"

Post by MatthewHecht on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:40 pm

Maybe Dr. Jay used to be the weatherman in Ecuador where the Molinas lived.
It has been pointed out that Dr. Jay should not even have his job anymore (or at least have competition that is trusted more). He used some fortunetelling boards and he certainly could have caused many people to die. I heard he could have faced criminal charges. I guess no other weatherman wants to do it in a city where it goes from January to March to October to September to back to January.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top