Why the Delay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why the Delay?

Post by WatteauMasterDetective on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:02 am

They emerged with new episodes for season 18 and 19. But there has been another long delay in airing episodes.

It was bad enough Power Rangers took a few months of hiatus, but Arthur's hiatus is a little more frustrating.

Why are there these hiatuses anyway?
WatteauMasterDetective
Dumpster Diver
Dumpster Diver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the Delay?

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:44 am

I've noticed this too. The Arthur Facebook and Twitter hasn't updated for a few months either.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:26 am

They probably think it is keeping the non-internet crowd interested in always tuning in to see if there are new episodes.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthurfan21 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:09 pm

I don't understand it too. Lately, PBS has been announcing new episodes for other shows but for some odd reasons, they are very slow in announcing new episodes of Arthur.

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:04 pm

PBS has been really weird with the episodes as of late, and it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The delay in "Fountain Abbey / Arthur Calls It" was understandable, but for years their cycle has always been the same: first half of a new season airs mid-fall, second half late spring/early summer, but that hasn't been the case so far this year.

And "Shelter From the Storm" is supposed to be a Very Special Episode, isn't it? So why delay it?

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:28 pm

I think Shelter from the storm will be based off 9/11 like "April 9th" was considered to be. They want to air it on September 11th.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:04 pm

I thought it was supposed to be an episode for coping with fears and upsets brought on by natural disasters like Katrina, Ike, Sandy, and other devastating, historical hurricanes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:15 pm

MatthewHecht wrote:They probably think it is keeping the non-internet crowd interested in always tuning in to see if there are new episodes.    

lol TOTALLY NOT WORKING LOL #StarvedForTheAardvark
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 pm

MatthewHecht wrote:They probably think it is keeping the non-internet crowd interested in always tuning in to see if there are new episodes.    
That may have something to do with it, but also, this is pretty much the main reason why WGBH and PBS go on a mass deletion spree from time to time: if they find uploads of new episodes that have yet to be aired in the U.S., then they go all-out and delete every episode posted they can find. Who else besides me remembers the old days of classic ARTHUR episodes on YT with those UNC-TV network bugs (whichever affiliate that is), and the "Kate's Free Video Cutter" watermarks?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:53 pm

Spoiler but you can watch  "shelter from the storm" on the official PBS website, er well kind of the way you can watch "So funny I forgot to laugh" talking book etc....
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthurfan21 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm

MatthewHecht wrote:I think Shelter from the storm will be based off 9/11 like "April 9th" was considered to be.  They want to air it on September 11th.
I read somewhere on line that Shelter of the Storm was supposed to air on the 10th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina (BTW, Matthew, shelter of the storm was based on Superstorm Sandy that hit the northeastern US back in 2012). As for the reason for airing this on Sept. 11 instead on the anniversy of Hurricane Katrina is probably because the episode April 9th is becoming dated and as well becoming more and more like a 30 minute sequel to the episode D.W. All Fired Up rather than an episode written in response of 9/11 attacks.

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:40 pm

I don't know how dated "April 9th" is -- I think the subject of fear brought on by fire transcends any time period.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthurfan21 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:I don't know how dated "April 9th" is -- I think the subject of fear brought on by fire transcends any time period.
By dated, I meant that the episode "April 9th" no longer felt like it was an episode that was made in response to 9/11 , instead , nowadays, it looked like an 30 minute sequel to the episode D.W. All Fired Up (plus the fact that the who subject of "April 9th" was more about the fear of fire instead of discussing serious topics and issues that arose after 9/11).

Last edited by Arthurfan21 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more info)

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:41 pm

I think it seems to be a good episode that can be about any major disaster.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthurfan21 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:39 am

MatthewHecht wrote:I think it seems to be a good episode that can be about any major disaster.
Except, that the April 9th was marketed by PBS as a response to 9/11 attacks, however over time, it became  more and more clear that the episode was simply a rehash or a sequel to D.W. All Fired Up.  Plus, there are episodes such as The Blizzard, The Blackout and Shelter from the Storm that dealt specifically on other major disasters.

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthurfan21 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:49 am

Snowth Poogle wrote:PBS has been really weird with the episodes as of late, and it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The delay in "Fountain Abbey / Arthur Calls It" was understandable, but for years their cycle has always been the same: first half of a new season airs mid-fall, second half late spring/early summer, but that hasn't been the case so far this year.

And "Shelter From the Storm" is supposed to be a Very Special Episode, isn't it? So why delay it?
Yeah, I don't understand PBS's way of handling its shows lately, airing very few new episodes (and airing them at random times, mainly to coincide with a holiday or special event, etc), airing re-runs of the same episodes over and over again, getting new shows (and episodes) very late when the shows have already aired in other countries.

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:41 pm

I have noticed that too
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:30 pm

LOL
N.Z is always the last to get everything.
Well unless its not a cartoon, then you can watch it online via a NZ website, but again its the same time as the states.
England is pretty far ahead in general....
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top