The World of Tomorrow!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The World of Tomorrow!

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Oh, Arthur, how I love thee, let me count the ways.

this episode was a Futurama reference. not a big one exactly, but the name! Plus the fact that Binky falls asleep for 200 years and wakes up in the future. Anyone catch any other references?
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World of Tomorrow!

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Actually, not really, considering I'm not a big fan of adult cartoons, since they generally tend to go more for shock value and seeing how far they can push the envelope in terms of what they can get away with, rather than story or character development.

One thing I thought was amusing that so many of Binky's classmates when he was in Ratburn's class the year before bore a lot of similarities to Arthur and the gang, like the Sue Ellen-looking girl who shocks him, or the George-looking boy who tried to take the little solar-powered car.

I also like the dream sequence with Thruster and Rocketburn (didn't we used to have a member with that handle?).

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:39 pm

dang, I hope so. Rocketburn is a fun name. Thruster sounds like Busters stripper name (I'm so so sorry)

yeah, its funny they did the "classmates that look like us" thing in the medieval episode too. in terms of continuity it doesn't make much sense, but I could see a really dramatic thriller being written about it, like they're all secret clones, dun dun DUN.

I see your point, family guy was the first adult cartoon I watched, and your description is exactly what that show is. Futurama I have to recommend, though, its pretty much ALL story and character development. with lots and lots of adult humor. think friends/doctor who.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 am

k i member that one
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile