I Am Writing A Song About Arthur...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Am Writing A Song About Arthur...

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:08 am

I was listening to the Alice in Chains song, "Don't Follow." It's a very beautiful but tearjerking song. The harmonica in the song sounded like some of the soundtrack from Arthur. I'll show you want I mean:

So I decided to write a post-grunge and alternative rock style song about me wanting to still like Arthur but I can't like it anymore because I am an adult. This is what I have written so far:

==Arthur==

When I was a boy,
There's a show I'd enjoy
I loved it,
They'll hated it

It was a great show,
But I have to let go
Society wants me to,
Because it's taboo

I am too old to like it,
My only option's to omit
Here I sit,
In lament

Arthur,
Written by a great author
Arthur,
Had so many morals to offer
Arthur,
Helped me to be wiser
Arthur,
It's been such an honor
Arthur....
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Re: I Am Writing A Song About Arthur...

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:39 pm

Who said you can't like Arthur anymore because you're an adult? Don't you realize that most of us here are adults? Don't you realize that a majority of SESAME STREET's fanbase is made up of adults who grew up with the show? And what about MLP? A franchise aimed a little girls that has a surprisingly large number of followers who are grown men? There's no rule that says you can't like Arthur anymore because you're an adult . . . and anybody who tells you otherwise, screw 'em.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:01 am

I want to still like Arthur but I feel like people are gonna make fun of me for still liking it. Something Awful made fun of me over coming up with ideas for Arthur CreepyPastas. It was just for fun and none of it was real nor to be taken seriously. It was basically like Fern talking about "The Thing" story.

Something Awful got pissed about the Draw! episode that A Lotta Moms made. It was all just a joke. Him, you and everyone else on here just joke around for laughs. You guys aren't doing it to genuinely offend people.

Like A Lotta Moms always said "They are being overreactive and vidictive." And these same kind of people also did the same thing about Jimmy Kimmel recently.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Man you sure can write well! Smile Arthur
Buster & Molly Lover
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Buster & Molly Lover wrote:Man you sure can write well! Smile Arthur

If you listen to Alice in Chains songs, Layne Staley was very emotional and confessing when he wrote his songs.

If you listen to Nutshell, Dirt (the song not the album), Down in a Hole, Rotten Apple and Don't Follow (the song above.) He was really sulking. It sucks that he killed himself. It's not cool to think like that.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:Who said you can't like Arthur anymore because you're an adult? Don't you realize that most of us here are adults? Don't you realize that a majority of SESAME STREET's fanbase is made up of adults who grew up with the show? And what about MLP? A franchise aimed a little girls that has a surprisingly large number of followers who are grown men? There's no rule that says you can't like Arthur anymore because you're an adult . . . and anybody who tells you otherwise, screw 'em.

HERE HERE

So what if people think you are weird?
Online there is a massive fanbase for all sorts of shows including Hey arnold, Spongebob and yeah MLP with full grown men going to conventions dressed as Rainbow dash! They do not care. I got teased by my sisters for liking the show then i thought screw em, il watch what i want. You got one life, enjoy it Very Happy Very Happy

Also, yeah the Draw episode made good points IMO lottas satirical take on that was spot on and SA can shove there tit for tatt up their assess!!
They watch the shows for themselves then judge, let them. Who cares?
Jem and the holograms is back on netflix so ill be watching it soon...yay Very Happy my cousin still likes it too xDXD
so what? i have a MLP collection and am taking plushie francine around the world with me for people to see when i travel next year..Very Happy
Spreading the love of Arthur at any age is cool, we are young at heart
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:56 am

You know what? You guys are right. I have every right to enjoy Arthur. Remember, Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression. Everyone is protected by Fedual Law to like what they want to like. And to express what they like too. I am in control of myself and my decisions. I am 21 years old and I can't let idiots that don't personally know me on the internet push me around.

I will continue to enjoy Arthur and hopefully make a timeskip fan fiction on it.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:54 am

Yes please do, i was looking forward to that time skip fanfiction you mentioned, the one where  the tough customers are the main characters and Arthur and Francine are married Very Happy Very Happy
sounds good Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I write my Franther stuff and yes, it pisses people off but i find it funny XDXD if you dont like the pairing then have fun reading something else. Enjoy the show, enjoy creating stories. Use your imagination HEY HEY have a wonderful kinda day!!!

Arthur Rattles Binky 2 Molly Slink Arthur Arthur Arthur Francine Francine
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:17 am

u still clubbin bro?
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant