Whip Mix Blend Airs On Labor Day

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whip Mix Blend Airs On Labor Day

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:38 am

I can't wait to see this episode! I have been waiting an episode focusing on Rattles for a long time. I already know what is gonna happen. But I really want to see it for myself.

SPOILERS

Rattles will have the Vandeloo's twins as step-siblings. And it looks like they are gonna be Tough Customer-er, I mean Tough Consumers.

Okay, okay. I would laugh so hard if Binky, Rattles, Molly, Slink and the Vanderloo Twins would go into Chicken Licken' and beat up everyone in there! But they would probably get the SWAT Team called on them.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Re: Whip Mix Blend Airs On Labor Day

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:22 am

Not really a spoiler Wink its on the wiki about Rattles Mother dating/being engaged to Mr Vandeloo.

Whats with this beating people up thing?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:57 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:Not really a spoiler Wink its on the wiki about Rattles Mother dating/being engaged to Mr Vandeloo.

Whats with this beating people up thing?

It's part of my sense of humor which is slapstick humor. Whenever I play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, I actually make the character beat up everyone in Pizza Stack (a parody of Pizza Hut.)
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:04 am

What does it matter if something is on the wiki? The fact that the episode has been available to view on DVD since January is the real reason why it wouldn't be a spoiler anymore.
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by WheeljackDude on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:11 am

Recorded the episode last night, so I can watch it later on...
WheeljackDude
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Only one more hour to go!
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Maybe for you, it's on my PBS as we speak. I've muted the teaser though, so I don't have to listen to Arthur's girly voice.

EDIT: Since there's a concern for spoilers, I'll refrain from posting my thoughts until the end of the day, when others should have had a chance to see it.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Less than 15 minutes to go!
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:55 pm

磁計算機騎士 wrote:What does it matter if something is on the wiki? The fact that the episode has been available to view on DVD since January is the real reason why it wouldn't be a spoiler anymore.

Not everyone has access to the DVD. We dont all live in the USA or surrounding countries...
Its not available here nor is it the right region code. Sure you can watch it if you put the disc in the computer but its expensive to import from ebay/amazon  No No No No No
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:58 pm

I saw the episode. I think we are all gonna have another mom to fawn over! Rattle's mom!
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Shes okay, a little grey lol. That Rhymes, but alas she is no Jane!!!
OR

Ursa
.She is very very....um shall we say Fawn worthy
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:24 pm

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:Shes okay, a little grey lol. That Rhymes, but alas she is no Jane!!!
OR

Ursa
.She is very very....um shall we say Fawn worthy

I don't know if it was my TV or my local PBS station being 4:3 Aspect Ratio? But her skin was actually a very light gray and her sweater was on the yellowish side. And I have noticed this too when I used to watch Arthur on PBS. The Season 12-15 episodes were blurry compared to the AKOM animated Seasons 1-11 episodes. Animated Services HK had a lot of problems with picture quality (even though it was digitally inked and painted, it looked more like traditionally hand-painted cels.) And they often had a lot of trouble staying on model. AKOM also suffered from this same problem too with their other shows but not as much in Arthur.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:04 pm

She was white on my TV.

And yes, I'll agree that she may need to be added to the hot momma poll.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:10 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:She was white on my TV.

And yes, I'll agree that she may need to be added to the hot momma poll.

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed she was very light.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Still, Ursa and Jane Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
And David, I like David xoxox
Well...in a weird cartoon way. How inappropriate of me Wink

his face shape changes though...anyone else noticed that?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:05 pm

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:
his face shape changes though...anyone else noticed that?
As a matter of fact, I have, it seems like early on, they tried drawing his face a little narrower through the jaw, I guess maybe as a sign of age, I guess, but it seems like they eventually abandoned that, and just drew his face with the same shape as other aardvarks.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Yes pretty much.
He does look better in the newer seasons but his face was similar to Kates in the early series, perhaps as a father daughter resemblance. I see Kate as a daddys girl IF they ever did do a DW spin off series...
Interesting how it appears the parents age but not the kids? LOL
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:19 pm

I also noticed Rattle's mom sounds similar to Michelle Ruff who voices Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Okay, so with the exception of its teaser, "Whip. Mix. Blend," feels like it could be a one-shot standalone short, like part of an animated anthology, rather than an episode of ARTHUR.

So I wonder if the fact that Rattles's parents are divorced contribute to why he used to be such a bully and a roughian: he seems to be a really big softee anymore. It also feels odd that Rattles's mother has such a large role in this episode, considering that the only time we've ever seen her prior to this was a very brief silent appearance in "Thanks a Lot, Binky!" And yes, as pointed out, she was a darker gray then, but is apparently the same color as Rattles now - I guess to make them more like they're actually related.

So, what's up with Chickin Lickin' now being called Sticky Chicken? Not only is that a really weird (and frankly, unappetizing) name, but there's no explanation behind this name change. And is it just me, or does ARTHUR have some sort of anti-fast food agenda, particularly with chicken restaurants like KFC and Chick-fil-a? I mean Chickin Lickin' was protested in "Sue Ellen Chickens Out" over chain expansion and possible loss of the Sugar Bowl, it was depicted in a relatively poor light in "Sue Ellen Vegges Out" when the cashier describes the food as being "poultry by-product with real chicken flavor," and the Tough Customers were protesting it in "The Last Tough Customer" over the way they overprice their menu and underpay its workers. I mean, it seems painfully obvious.

As for the Vanderloos, while the father didn't really contribute much to the story, it was the twins who played a bigger part. Ansel and Angie seem to be very active kids and competitive kids, though Ansel's competitive streak was his defining characteristic, Angie's was her odd taste in music, as well as he excessive use of slang. That brings to mind another question: was any of the slang heard in this episode for real, or was it an exaggeration of the way kids talk today? To be honest, I never could keep up with much slang growing up, but the stuff Angie and the other kids were speaking honestly sounded like a completely different language.

It was great the other Tough Customers helped Rattles out the way they did . . . I wonder though what that concoction was that Molly whipped up for him that caused that raccoon to flip out the way it did? And why was it in a test tube? What is Molly up to in her spare time these days?

Rattles finding out that his mom is going to marry Archie from Ansel was an interesting way of breaking the news, but at least he seemed to handle it well enough. I'm sure since the Tough Customers are more frequently-used secondary characters now (especially since Rattles has been given a huge dose of character development since Season 16) that we'll probably be seeing quite a bit more of the Vanderloos in the future.

So again, this episode was certainly interesting to say the least. Didn't really feel very ARTHUR in flavor, but it was written well enough, and it deals with a subject that hasn't really been explored too much in the past (yeah, Bitzi found a new boyfriend since divorcing Bo, but it never progressed to anything beyond casual dating).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:57 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:Okay, so with the exception of its teaser, "Whip. Mix. Blend," feels like it could be a one-shot standalone short, like part of an animated anthology, rather than an episode of ARTHUR.

So I wonder if the fact that Rattles's parents are divorced contribute to why he used to be such a bully and a roughian: he seems to be a really big softee anymore. It also feels odd that Rattles's mother has such a large role in this episode, considering that the only time we've ever seen her prior to this was a very brief silent appearance in "Thanks a Lot, Binky!" And yes, as pointed out, she was a darker gray then, but is apparently the same color as Rattles now - I guess to make them more like they're actually related.

So, what's up with Chickin Lickin' now being called Sticky Chicken? Not only is that a really weird (and frankly, unappetizing) name, but there's no explanation behind this name change. And is it just me, or does ARTHUR have some sort of anti-fast food agenda, particularly with chicken restaurants like KFC and Chick-fil-a? I mean Chickin Lickin' was protested in "Sue Ellen Chickens Out" over chain expansion and possible loss of the Sugar Bowl, it was depicted in a relatively poor light in "Sue Ellen Vegges Out" when the cashier describes the food as being "poultry by-product with real chicken flavor," and the Tough Customers were protesting it in "The Last Tough Customer" over the way they overprice their menu and underpay its workers. I mean, it seems painfully obvious.

As for the Vanderloos, while the father didn't really contribute much to the story, it was the twins who played a bigger part. Ansel and Angie seem to be very active kids and competitive kids, though Ansel's competitive streak was his defining characteristic, Angie's was her odd taste in music, as well as he excessive use of slang. That brings to mind another question: was any of the slang heard in this episode for real, or was it an exaggeration of the way kids talk today? To be honest, I never could keep up with much slang growing up, but the stuff Angie and the other kids were speaking honestly sounded like a completely different language.

It was great the other Tough Customers helped Rattles out the way they did . . . I wonder though what that concoction was that Molly whipped up for him that caused that raccoon to flip out the way it did? And why was it in a test tube? What is Molly up to in her spare time these days?

Rattles finding out that his mom is going to marry Archie from Ansel was an interesting way of breaking the news, but at least he seemed to handle it well enough. I'm sure since the Tough Customers are more frequently-used secondary characters now (especially since Rattles has been given a huge dose of character development since Season 16) that we'll probably be seeing quite a bit more of the Vanderloos in the future.

So again, this episode was certainly interesting to say the least. Didn't really feel very ARTHUR in flavor, but it was written well enough, and it deals with a subject that hasn't really been explored too much in the past (yeah, Bitzi found a new boyfriend since divorcing Bo, but it never progressed to anything beyond casual dating).

I believe that is the case why Rattles was a former bully.

I agree it sounds strange to me too. It does seem like the writers are against fast-food. McDonalds does seem to underpay it's employees according to people I know. I know In-N-Out (my favorite fast food burger place) is one of the few fast food chains that actually does pay their employees fairly. Chicken Lickin' (now Sticky Chicken)'s being overly expanded and having "poultry by-product with real chicken flavor" seems to be like McDonald's being overly expanded and having meat-flavored fries not to mentioned the alleged "Pink Slime."

Since I have Asperger's, I would have not had a single clue what Angie says in her slang. And I would not like her taste in music. I would wanna listen to Alternative Rock, Grunge and Post-Grunge instead.

That Raccoon part actually unnerved me because it wasn't normal for Arthur to have a scene like that. Another thing too with my Asperger's is that I can get unnerved at unusual things that wouldn't care other people. Trust me, back when I was little all the up til high school. Silly things that wouldn't scare me now scared me back then.

I kinda knew that was how Rattles would find out about his mom marrying Archie.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:15 pm

I also forgot to mention how strange it was that Rattles pronounced bialy as "bee-aw-lee," considering it seems like Canadians are incapable of pronouncing the 'A' sound as such (i.e. "pa-jam-as," "cil-ann-tro," etc). This almost sounds forced; I think even Americans pronounce it "bee-alley."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Well it is recorded in Canada isn't it?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:16 pm

that is what I thought. PBS is Canadian right?
Daniel tiger has a few distinctive Canadian sounding accents
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:22 pm

PBS is American, but ARTHUR is an American/Canadian co-production: the show's scripts and episodes are written in America through WGBH (a PBS affiliate in Boston), but the actual production of the show (storyboards, animation, voices, what have you) are done in Canada through 9 Story in Montreal.

So in a sense, ARTHUR is something of an imported show.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:PBS is American, but ARTHUR is an American/Canadian co-production: the show's scripts and episodes are written in America through WGBH (a PBS affiliate in Boston), but the actual production of the show (storyboards, animation, voices, what have you) are done in Canada through 9 Story in Montreal.

So in a sense, ARTHUR is something of an imported show.

The overseas animation for Seasons 1-11 was done in AKOM which is in Korea. And Seasons 12-15 were done by Animation Services HK Ltd. which is in Hong Kong.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top