Real Life Issues For Future Arthur Episodes

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Real Life Issues For Future Arthur Episodes

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:16 pm

It was 1969, LSD was legal so probably not. It was used in people with mental health issues can you believe?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Yeah, I do believe it.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyandPal96 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:20 pm

Where can I find a clip of that?

MarleyandPal96
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:24 pm

A clip of what?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyandPal96 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:01 pm

The sesame street 1969 drugs segment?

MarleyandPal96
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:15 pm

Uh, that's the clip I just shared.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyandPal96 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Sorry, my browser blocks youtube links for this particular site.........

MarleyandPal96
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:40 pm

Oh okay
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:07 pm

Hmm. And it's an unlisted video, so you probably wouldn't be able to find it if you searched for it (it was supposedly leaked by somebody who had access to their archive vault).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:27 pm

About Archive Vaults, does the station have all records and airings they have ever done?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Not sure, but those would be some whoppin' records, considering there's now over 4,500 episodes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Yeah, I know.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:57 am

LSD lol "Lucy in the sky with Diamonds" Well, what do you think Paul McCartney and John Lennon were singing about?
I liked the clip, personally. MY dad said he remembered when it aired and there was controversy then...
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthurfan21 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:17 am

The Pop Cult Gamer wrote:
Snowth Poogle wrote:I was thinking it was something like they heard rumors about the world being destroyed by alien worms or alien squirrels, or something like that.

Oh that's "War of the Worms" from Season 12. That episode was a bit out of character for Brain because he wasn't the type to believe Fern's Giant Worm story.

Not to mention that the "War of the Worms" episode was a meh episode to begin with.

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:40 pm

I think if they did a "homosexuality" episode they would probably have an adult character that some of the kids try to set up with someone of the opposite gender and have it go not very well, and the guy or girl tells them about "some people are not right for me' and then we see them hanging out with someone of the same gender kind of on a date and having a good time. it would have to be lightly implied, and not portrayed in terms of sexual attraction, but i think they could pull it off.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:46 pm

It would need to be a teenager or adult.
The show has been specifically designed and centered around children though...
It is not like other shows where certian characters are obviously gay. The simpsons has Patty, Selmas sister who is openly lesbian and off course Smithers who for some reason they enjoy having this running gag of him not coming out of the closet, despite being in love with Mr Burns and had a relationship with the guy who befriended Homer and the family until Homer found out he was gay and got all freaked out...
You know the guy I mean, the one who says the famous line "Don't do this to me wailen" To smithers when he sees him....Very Happy Very Happy

Also on Hey Arnold, Craig Bartlett confirmed that the teacher Mr Simmons is in fact homosexual.
Nickelodeon or teen-nick are a little more open and touch on more real life issues. I think Arthur would try to avoid a LBGT episode because parents would get offended as most parents enjoy finding something to take offense about. They take offense at the way characters from all different cartoons are portrayed. Someone even got up in arms over Daniel Tiger sitting on the potty to pee. I mean REALLY????
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Wild Starry Moony wrote:I think if they did a "homosexuality" episode they would probably have an adult character that some of the kids try to set up with someone of the opposite gender and have it go not very well, and the guy or girl tells them about "some people are not right for me' and then we see them hanging out with someone of the same gender kind of on a date and having a good time. it would have to be lightly implied, and not portrayed in terms of sexual attraction, but i think they could pull it off.

That's what I originally meant.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:51 pm

Yes true, I would like to see that. I think it would be really good Smile
fans have asked as Snowth mentioned or was it the molestation one people have asked about?
When you mentioned the cartoon all stars talking about the dangers of drugs, I thought it was good. We had it on VCR and watched it a lot. I always though it was a great film.
I think something about smoking could be used....?
It was mentioned in Doug. When Skeeter went to college because he is super smart and said "they all smoke"
Realistically, there would be a few smokers on the show, especially the parents. So why not an openly gay couple who adopt one of the kids in the show or a new kid to the show?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:30 pm

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:Also on Hey Arnold, Craig Bartlett confirmed that the teacher Mr Simmons is in fact homosexual.
Nickelodeon or teen-nick are a little more open and touch on more real life issues. I think Arthur would try to avoid a LBGT episode because parents would get offended as most parents enjoy finding something to take offense about. They take offense at the way characters from all different cartoons are portrayed. Someone even got up in arms over Daniel Tiger sitting on the potty to pee. I mean REALLY????

I heard about Craig saying that.

Ren and Stimpy could be interpreted as gay because they do live with each other and they did kiss before. Rocko and Heffer could also be implied as gay due to them having a similar relationship as SpongeBob and Patrick.

Speaking of SpongeBob, there actually was a controversial episode where SpongeBob got laid off by Mr. Krabs and struggled to find a new job. People complained about this episode. Guess what? I am unemployed and I didn't take offense to this. People overreacted.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:10 pm

THE SIMPSONS can get away with that stuff because its an adult cartoon.

COW AND CHICKEN got in trouble for an episode that involved Cow joining a motorcycle gang called the Buffalo Gals, which is comprised of butch lesbians that break into people's homes and chews on the carpets, as well as play baseball. One parent complained about it and it's been banned from airing on TV ever since.

And I don't get why everybody says all the characters on ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE are gay when they aren't: Rocko routinely lusted after numerous females, including his never-seen next-door neighbor Melba; his letter carrier, Sheila; and his French pen-pal, whose name escapes me (and Heffer's routinely teased him about these). Heffer had an episode where he started dating a lady elk, but his family disapproved because he was supposed to bring her home as dinner; not to mention he occasionally has fantasies of some other girl named Sheila; and of course, Filburt eventually married Dr. Hutchinson, after dating her since the first season.

And, of course, everybody likes to interpret Ernie and Bert as gay, and I'm almost certain that Matthew Perry's remake of THE ODD COUPLE is probably chock-full of gay inneundoes, which the original ODD COUPLE was always under scrutiny for under the network that was always scared that people would interpret they were gay, which is why the show was forced to include that opening narration, "Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?" Though Jack Klugman said that he and Tony Randall would intentionally ad-lib homoerotic moments during filming just to get a rise out of the network censors (and of course, none of it ever made it to air).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:07 am

Oh, speaking of spongebob, remember when Sponge and Mr Krabs did the panty raid?
LOL that was rather PG 13 right? and the muffled swearing as well, similar to the bleep episode where Krabs mother swore after telling mr krabs not to swear.
Then again we are comparing PBS/WGBH to Nickelodeon which has way more sneaky cheeky stuff added in.
No doubting Mr Simmons is gay though.
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:43 pm

MatthewHecht wrote:I think unemployment can work.  They are about to do an episode on money.  I think they are not doing unemployment, but rough financial times.  
    Video game violence might work, but I find episodes on it are normally just annoying.  It still might work.  I think Buster or Brain would be the star of it.
     I hope they never do drugs or homosexuality.  One reason I love this show is that I am pretty sure they will never do that and instead focus on other moral issues like they did in "Draw!" and "Cat Saver."

Ah, so being gay is akin to being a crackhead? Oh, that's too bad. Ever heard of PFB's Sugartime? Completely heinous and out of line, it featured two women implied to be lesbians. And they were featured on-screen for an outrageous five minutes! Can you imagine?

Hmm, that must mean that Arthur and PFB really ARE immoral! And oh, look at all the topics we have here on the Slums, discussing characters' sexuality, theorizing that they're GAY!

http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t19-francine-frensky-lesbian

Disgraceful, disgusting.

Look at how many members on here support gay pairings--oh my GOODNESS, look at this topic here!

http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t715-drags-bunny

Speculating about a male character's tendency to cross-dress and effeminate, how completely immoral!
My gosh, I'm so sufficiently outraged right now at all this ghey-ness that I think I'll just shut the fuck up and deal with it as long as I'm here. alien

Go back to ECC1 if you want to say shit like that. We aren't having it here.
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:24 am

some my frends gay too an cant help it at least
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Yeah and what about the lesbians too?
What if they do an episode where Madison starts dating a girl?
OR a same sex female couple adopt a child
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:48 pm

Oh yeah, a few people I know in real life are homosexual. And they are still my comrades.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top