Real Life Issues For Future Arthur Episodes

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Real Life Issues For Future Arthur Episodes

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:55 am

There are also Asexual people and Transgender and people who mock them PISS the hell outta me!!!! Do people think they woke up one day and said "Yeah i wanna be like this"
I have two very good transgender friends who both became female and told me their stories. It must have been a daily battle as a child feeling trapped in the wrong body....Sad
I embrace it because they are the nicest people.
Why are Gay guys so much nicer too? one of my closest work mates was gay, him and me were BFFs it was fun and he had a wicked sense of humor, plus I knew he wasn't gonna try and harrass me having been sexually harassed before
oh the postcards from buster thing was good. I am glad they showed a lesbian coupling
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:08 am

However, parents complained because it was considered inappropriate for a kids show.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:54 am

Yet, divorce is? oh and violence is just fine. Punching your little sister, being bullied at school, threatened and verbally abused that is all fine and dandy

BUT Suspect
Pregnancy
Homosexuality
Drug use

How come that is not okay?
I do not understand that.
I get that it is a childrens show but isn't divorce a taboo subject as well? or is it okay because its a man and a woman getting divorced? I am just not too sure...
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:57 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:Yet, divorce is?
Pregnancy
Homosexuality
Drug use

How come that is not okay?
I do not understand that.
I get that it is a childrens show but isn't divorce a taboo subject as well? or is it okay because its a man and a woman getting divorced? I am just not too sure...

They didn't have drug use on Arthur. In flashbacks, Jane was shown to be pregnant with Kate. And they only mentioned Buster's and Rattles parents being divorced.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:58 am

I wrote it wrong.

Drugs, pregnancy and homosexuality is not okay
Jane was married when she was pregnant.
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:06 am

Well yeah she was.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:11 am

Maybe to avoid issues that adult sitcoms are constantly trying to force their own biases down the audience's throat. I am glad Arthur stays away from it and focuses on non political morals.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Okay, since I've noticed some people have been lashing out at Matthew for misinterpreting some of his posts, I'm coming to his defense to help clear some things up:

These "moral" issues, he's talking about certain issues and subjects that can't be addressed on the show because of those Moral Guardian and parental groups that would lash out at the show for even addressing them. Try to remember, even though we're an adult forum, ARTHUR is not an adult show, so there are certain issues that they're not going to be able to address, discuss, or even hint at that won't draw in any form of controversy from parental groups, and homosexuality is one of those issues. Yes, we've come a long way in the last several years as far as gay rights are concerned, but there's still a very vocal majority of parental and moral groups that are going to try to prevent it from being a part of what their kids indulge in: not just the infamous "two mommies" episode of PFB, but a number of parental and moral groups began boycotting the Harry Potter series when J.K. Rowling revealed that Dumbledore was gay; it's not like how Julz pointed out that Craig Bartlett got away with Mr. Simmons being gay, because it was never outright addressed on HEY ARNOLD!. The fact of the matter is, like it or not, homosexuality is still a sin according to the Bible and therefore is a sin as far as Christianity is concerned, and while there are many Christians out there who choose to still be accepting and tolerant toward homosexuals since it's also in the Bible that we love our neighbors as we would ourselves, and not to be judgemental lest we be judged, there's still the problem of these conservative, right-wing fuddy-duddies who act like homosexuality is the very threat to our entire society as a human race, and they are unfortunately the biggest and most vocal group out there, so no matter what, homosexuality isn't going to be a subject that ARTHUR could discuss without getting into hot water, because these conservative windbags are going to be wagging their fingers and boycotting ARTHUR for "trying to brainwash our kids into thinking evil is acceptable."

I used to intern at PBS ten years ago, so I know firsthand of these kinds of things: since I was also homeschooled during my high school years, and since homeschool education is Creation-based, I was well aware that there were a number of homeschool and religious groups out there about ten years ago that were going around spreading propaganda about PBS, saying that it was an evil organization that brainwashes kids into believe it's okay to be gay or to accept gay people for being gay, so there was a large boycott going around for shows like ARTHUR, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG, and other PBS Kids shows.

Drugs are another issue altogether; that's more of an issue regarding older kids and teenagers anyway, I don't really see why they would need to address drug use or drug abuse or addiction on a show aimed at little kids who probably don't even know what most drugs are anyway.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:Okay, since I've noticed some people have been lashing out at Matthew for misinterpreting some of his posts, I'm coming to his defense to help clear some things up:

These "moral" issues, he's talking about certain issues and subjects that can't be addressed on the show because of those Moral Guardian and parental groups that would lash out at the show for even addressing them. Try to remember, even though we're an adult forum, ARTHUR is not an adult show, so there are certain issues that they're not going to be able to address, discuss, or even hint at that won't draw in any form of controversy from parental groups, and homosexuality is one of those issues. Yes, we've come a long way in the last several years as far as gay rights are concerned, but there's still a very vocal majority of parental and moral groups that are going to try to prevent it from being a part of what their kids indulge in: not just the infamous "two mommies" episode of PFB, but a number of parental and moral groups began boycotting the Harry Potter series when J.K. Rowling revealed that Dumbledore was gay; it's not like how Julz pointed out that Craig Bartlett got away with Mr. Simmons being gay, because it was never outright addressed on HEY ARNOLD!. The fact of the matter is, like it or not, homosexuality is still a sin according to the Bible and therefore is a sin as far as Christianity is concerned, and while there are many Christians out there who choose to still be accepting and tolerant toward homosexuals since it's also in the Bible that we love our neighbors as we would ourselves, and not to be judgemental lest we be judged, there's still the problem of these conservative, right-wing fuddy-duddies who act like homosexuality is the very threat to our entire society as a human race, and they are unfortunately the biggest and most vocal group out there, so no matter what, homosexuality isn't going to be a subject that ARTHUR could discuss without getting into hot water, because these conservative windbags are going to be wagging their fingers and boycotting ARTHUR for "trying to brainwash our kids into thinking evil is acceptable."

I used to intern at PBS ten years ago, so I know firsthand of these kinds of things: since I was also homeschooled during my high school years, and since homeschool education is Creation-based, I was well aware that there were a number of homeschool and religious groups out there about ten years ago that were going around spreading propaganda about PBS, saying that it was an evil organization that brainwashes kids into believe it's okay to be gay or to accept gay people for being gay, so there was a large boycott going around for shows like ARTHUR, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG, and other PBS Kids shows.

Drugs are another issue altogether; that's more of an issue regarding older kids and teenagers anyway, I don't really see why they would need to address drug use or drug abuse or addiction on a show aimed at little kids who probably don't even know what most drugs are anyway.

I simply don't believe in homosexuality just like how I don't believe in other religions. I accept and respect the fact that gay people are the way they are. That's another thing too is just because you don't believe in it doesn't make you "homophobic." I personally know some people in real life that are gay and I don't use it against them. I am actually friends with them.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Tolerance and acceptance are two different things.
Tolerance is more of an obligation, not cool!!! Like for example
 "I do not like Cats but I tolerate them" or "Kids are annoying but I tolerate them"
Acceptance is different, its treating everyone as a person kindly and accepting people for their choices in life even if you disagree you accept because you love and do not judge or sigh and say "agh alright fine" like you are obligated to do. Acceptance is not obligation
Thats not cool or okay IMO!!! being Tolerant of mental illness? Not cool either!
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:33 pm

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:Tolerance and acceptance are two different things.
Tolerance is more of an obligation, not cool!!! Like for example
 "I do not like Cats but I tolerate them" or "Kids are annoying but I tolerate them"
Acceptance is different, its treating everyone as a person kindly and accepting people for their choices in life even if you disagree you accept because you love and do not judge or sigh and say "agh alright fine" like you are obligated to do. Acceptance is not obligation
Thats not cool or okay IMO!!! being Tolerant of mental illness? Not cool either!

Please calm down. You're not understanding what I am saying. I respect the fact that some people are gay and I am not gonna use that against them. It's okay that they are gay. I just don't believe in homosexuality but I accept anyone who is gay. People can't be forced to believe in something they don't want to. I can't force people to believe in Jesus and God. And other religions can't force me to believe in Islam, Hinduism, Buddism, Ying Yang, etc.

And being homosexual in general is not a mental illness. Every gay person I know is like any other person. There is also a huge debate whether or not, it's something in genetics or a deliberate choice. No one really knows if you are born with feelings for the same sex or if it's a choice?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyandPal96 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:Okay, since I've noticed some people have been lashing out at Matthew for misinterpreting some of his posts, I'm coming to his defense to help clear some things up:

You used to intern at PBS? Are you talking a member station or was this at PBS headquarters?

Did you know about the Kenneth Tomlinson fiasco at that time? And were you around when "Sugartime" caused contreversy?

Do donations REALLY help?

MarleyandPal96
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:07 pm

No, it was just our local affiliate, but my involvement was mostly confined to studio work and maintenence, so no, I wasn't aware about Kenneth Tomlison or Sugartime.

Are for donations, yes, they do help, but the problem is they're getting harder and harder to come by. At the time I was there, they were bringing in less and less money than their goals were, and I remember the last pledge drive we ever did, they increased the price of the minimum pledge amount to try to make up for it, but it didn't help. We lost a lot of pledges because of those religious groups boycotting the kids shows for "brainwashing our kids into believing it's okay to be gay."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Let me guess? Westbro Bapist Church?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:02 pm

No, just local groups. They're everywhere.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Btw, want to know something shocking about WBC? They also hate Jews. And Jews are God's people! Jesus himself was a Jew, that is why they called him "The King of Jews."

And I hate to say this but Westbro Bapist Church are false prophets. God doesn't hate gay people. He loves them just as much as he would love everyone else.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Exactly.

But unfortunately, Jews are frequently singled out by hate groups like blacks are, especially by the Klan, which unfortunately still exists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Jew right here ^-^
YES the dumb ass Klan go on about Jews being from the devil and such other BS and the whitesupremists are even worse because they carry out the hate crimes. They do not see Jews as people, I have seen many a documentary on these vile creatures, because that is what supremacists and these right wing fundamentalists "Christians" are, preaching that all black, Jewish and gay people are going to hell....who do they think they are?

Charleston is a prime example of racial hatred. The very people who were worshiping the lord were african american and then prayed for the man who killed their pastor and other members of the church. If that is not divine forgiveness and beautiful acceptance I do not know what is. What an amazing group of people, may those who perished be in heaven, well as a christian myself I believe they are safe in the arms of the lord <3

No Popcult, I will not calm down because I was not un-calm. Tolerance and acceptance are different.

BTW That is cool Snowth, that you worked as an intern in studio and maintenance? That is cool cheers cheers cheers
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:51 pm

I was only explaining ArthurXFrancineFan that I do accept homosexuals despite me not believing in it.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Okay i am right here and its ArthurFrancineFan
Also, how can you not believe in something that exists?
ugh *sigh* never mind.
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:05 pm

I know it exists. I just do not believe in it as in supporting it.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:54 pm

look they cant fucken help it stop stop bein mean.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Kerry9Story wrote:look they cant fucken help it stop stop bein mean.

Me or ArthurFrancineFan? It's okay for them to be gay. I just don't believe in it that's all.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:53 pm

OK LOOK MY FREND BENS GAY. MATT AN RICKY TOO WHO THEY JUST BOUT BEAT DEAD FOR BEING GAY AN NO REASON, SAM TOO I THNK BUT SHES GONE NOW Crying or Very sad HELLA PEEPS HERES GAY TOO SO ANYONE THINK ITS WRONG IMMA SHIT IN UR MOUTH.

Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:04 pm

I have friends in real life who are gay and I treat them like everyone else. I don't care that they are gay. I just don't not personally believe in it as I wouldn't have the same religion as someone else. That is all.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top