Real Life Issues For Future Arthur Episodes

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Real Life Issues For Future Arthur Episodes

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:32 pm

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:Jew right here ^-^
YES the dumb ass Klan go on about Jews being from the devil and such other BS and the whitesupremists are even worse because they carry out the hate crimes. They do not see Jews as people, I have seen many a documentary on these vile creatures, because that is what supremacists and these right wing fundamentalists "Christians" are, preaching that all black, Jewish and gay people are going to hell....who do they think they are?
That's one of the main things that bothers me about this country: there's still so much racial tension, and you would honestly think that in this day and age that would have gotten passed it, but unfortunately we haven't . . . in fact, it's kind of ramped up since Obama got into office: he has received more flack than any president we've ever have. Of course, part of it is the Republicans had it too good for too long with G.W. Bush's two terms, so when a Democrat like Obama got into office, the Reps have been nothing but a big bunch of sore losers ever since.

And to make matters worse, with our next election coming up, Donald Trump - whose really all talk and no do anyway - is rising in popularity among not just the Republican party, but with the American public in general, and you know why? Because he keeps subtly painting this picture of what his ideal vision of American will be like, and it's mostly white. That just goes to show you that we haven't gotten far at all that a majority of Americans like the idea of American being a white country . . . unfortunately for them, statistics are showing that by 2050, whites will be the new minority and blacks will be the new majority, and I've already seen it happening over the last few years just in my town alone.

Still, sometimes I wish I belonged to a more civil, harmoneous, tranquil country like Canada . . . which apparently Trump wants to build a fence between us and them, as well as Mexico, to keep non-Americans out of the country. And again, the American people actually like this idea apparently. But my best friend is Canadian, and she's engaged to be married someday, and we really want me to be there . . . so would that mean I'd have to miss the ceremony because of our stupid political divide?

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:41 pm

well thats just sad.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:02 am

Yes Snowth, I sadly know all about the Trump saga and ..oye. The irony of how his racism seems to glide by the jewish factor because his daughter married a Jew and converted to judaism so that is okay, hmmm but had she not?
I cannot stand him anymore when I used to find him relatively amusing on the apprentice but he's just gone 1950s anti immigration "Welcome to hate and bigotville" on the country and sadly he has support oh and off course the living joke *cough* I mean Sarah Palin supports him.

Did anyone else see her "Speak American" Speech
She actually said that. She did not even say "Speak english in America" which is biggoted enough but to say "Speak American?"
Uh which American exactly? Native or how about Spanish? or Chinese? Hebrew? Russian? Polish? French? Haitian? 
The list goes on since there are over 300 different languages spoken in the USA

It is sad that the guy who wants to make "America great again" is referring to an America when Segregation was the way of life

BTW N.Z never had any racial laws or segregation issues.
There are groups of dumbass supremacists and the odd shooting but its gang related not race. Still not good but we are pretty much a very open and accepting  country as a whole.
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:14 am

The Pop Cult Gamer wrote:
Kerry9Story wrote:look they cant fucken help it stop stop bein mean.

Me or ArthurFrancineFan? It's okay for them to be gay. I just don't believe in it that's all.

She means YOU!!!!
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:32 am

^his ass irl i soon hope.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:07 am

Kerry, listen not everyone is gonna have the same beliefs on things. Just because someone doesn't believe in homosexuality doesn't mean they hate you or anyone else who is gay. I have friends in real life that are gay and I treat them like everyone else. I don't care about their sexuality.

Just because I don't believe in other religions doesn't mean I don't respect people who do. It's the same thing with homosexuality.

If anyone on here is homophobic, that would have to be BionicBunny and Binky's Barnes aka InActive. BionicBunny insulted gay people. While Binky's Barnes made fun of gay people in his rant. That is being homophobic.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:43 am

Yeah, and he is gone
Bionic bunny was also  banned ages ago.

you also got offended by me calling K3RRY Sis..
What the hell?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:31 am

No I didn't get offended by that. I thought it was a little strange that you would call her sis because you are 29 and she is 16 and because of the fact that you don't know her in real life.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:40 am

K3RRY first of all is not 16 Wildstarrymoony is, second of all what business is it of yours?

Er post?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:58 am

Oh I thought they were the same age. Sorry.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:05 am

Nope. Anyway it does not matter....also its my choice to have those relationships
As far as the homosexuality issue is concerned, do you remember what Meg posted?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:17 am

I remember seeing part of it. And it isn't discrimination for saying you don't believe in it but respect and accept gay people. It's discrimation if you shun them and hate them for being gay.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:28 am

Mods M0ds
Maybe its best just to close this thread?
Its completely trailed off Arthur altogether...sadly
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 am

Okay, let's veer this discussion back on topic.

Racism is an issue ARTHUR could probably tackle, maybe not straight-forward racism, but maybe in the form of speciesism - it'd be a very subtle way of dealing with it, and it's actually been done before: several years ago, SESAME STREET did an episode where Big Bird received a visit from his pen pal who was a seagull that didn't care for Big Bird living on a street populated by people, monsters, and other creatures, and even tells him that Snuffy shouldn't be his best friend because his best friend should be a bird . . . Big Bird does not take that well at all. They could probably do something similar, like, say, maybe Arthur receives a visit from a very distant cousin or other relative, but feels uncomfortable at how diverse Elwood City is, and even more uncomfortable to see his best friend's a bunneh.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:48 pm

If they do tackle racism in Arthur I would also prefer to use speciesism. It worked great in Land Before Time and Animals of the Farthing Woods.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Yes that is a good idea. I wrote a fic called "Tolerance" again about going past the anti interspecial feature and making a change. So it was about peoples views on half breeded children and monkeys who date aardvarks or bunnys or rats etc. The story is about dating and having children of your own species and how a group including franther Very Happy Very Happy stand against it and go to pass a bill for the right to marry anyone and be treated the same!!!
So yeah an episode like that would be good. Bunnehs, bears, dogs etc. Realizing that the motto of the show is to "Get along with each other" regardless of who your best friend is. So the Arthur/Buster friendship would be a good thing to focus on

Oh and Snowth, do you remember the episode banned in Alabama was it? of Sesame street for having integration in it? SIGH but this was in the 60s during the civil rights era I think and the south was well....not too keen on that idea. Sesame street has always prided itself on being multi cultural and diverse which is good Very Happy but it did rattle some people. Again, another reason an issue like that would be good to be addressed on Arthur

Yes agreed Matthew!!! Very Happy
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:06 pm

I believe it was Mississippi, and the whole show was banned in that state, because Mississippi was the only state to refuse to abolish segregation (I think the parts of Mississippi still observe segregation even to this day).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:47 pm

Yes sounds about right Sad
Okay one place not to visit!!!
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:24 am

Snowth Poogle wrote:Okay, since I've noticed some people have been lashing out at Matthew for misinterpreting some of his posts, I'm coming to his defense to help clear some things up:

These "moral" issues, he's talking about certain issues and subjects that can't be addressed on the show because of those Moral Guardian and parental groups that would lash out at the show for even addressing them. Try to remember, even though we're an adult forum, ARTHUR is not an adult show, so there are certain issues that they're not going to be able to address, discuss, or even hint at that won't draw in any form of controversy from parental groups, and homosexuality is one of those issues. Yes, we've come a long way in the last several years as far as gay rights are concerned, but there's still a very vocal majority of parental and moral groups that are going to try to prevent it from being a part of what their kids indulge in: not just the infamous "two mommies" episode of PFB, but a number of parental and moral groups began boycotting the Harry Potter series when J.K. Rowling revealed that Dumbledore was gay; it's not like how Julz pointed out that Craig Bartlett got away with Mr. Simmons being gay, because it was never outright addressed on HEY ARNOLD!. The fact of the matter is, like it or not, homosexuality is still a sin according to the Bible and therefore is a sin as far as Christianity is concerned, and while there are many Christians out there who choose to still be accepting and tolerant toward homosexuals since it's also in the Bible that we love our neighbors as we would ourselves, and not to be judgemental lest we be judged, there's still the problem of these conservative, right-wing fuddy-duddies who act like homosexuality is the very threat to our entire society as a human race, and they are unfortunately the biggest and most vocal group out there, so no matter what, homosexuality isn't going to be a subject that ARTHUR could discuss without getting into hot water, because these conservative windbags are going to be wagging their fingers and boycotting ARTHUR for "trying to brainwash our kids into thinking evil is acceptable."

I used to intern at PBS ten years ago, so I know firsthand of these kinds of things: since I was also homeschooled during my high school years, and since homeschool education is Creation-based, I was well aware that there were a number of homeschool and religious groups out there about ten years ago that were going around spreading propaganda about PBS, saying that it was an evil organization that brainwashes kids into believe it's okay to be gay or to accept gay people for being gay, so there was a large boycott going around for shows like ARTHUR, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG, and other PBS Kids shows.

Drugs are another issue altogether; that's more of an issue regarding older kids and teenagers anyway, I don't really see why they would need to address drug use or drug abuse or addiction on a show aimed at little kids who probably don't even know what most drugs are anyway.
My apologies for overreacting, I just took that the wrong way. What a shame that such bigotry and intolerance run amok in our society and past generations prevent future generations from learning about families with same-sex parents, transgendered people (if things were much different, the show might be able to do an episode on a character who feels they were born with the wrong gender), etc....the PFB fiasco was just so ridiculous. I remember there was a clip on Youtube from Sugartime!, and half the comments were bitching about how awful and sinful it all was...all over, like two minutes (not even) from the episode...I doubt any kids watching that would've even noticed the fact that there were two moms, maybe passed one off as a friend or an aunt or something. There was another site in which there were reviews for the companion book for the episode, and parents were complaining about it being in public libraries, that it should be taken out of circulation... o_O

Anyway...

Speciesism is a good idea, considering the way races are defined in Arthur. I can't recall offhand if there were any instances of specific species being called out besides teh bunnehs, though...
There were a few moments in which Arthur was called out as an aardvark, such as this moment in To Tibble the Truth at 2:33...

And this one, at 5:33...Arthur and Buster are called out an aardvark and a rabbit.

And there was that episode in which Fern peed on the carpet that Bunnehpie pointed out...

19:23
Ferny has an accident No
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:02 pm

hahaha oh that last one XDXD
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb