First Episode you Remember Watching

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Episode you Remember Watching

Post by MatthewHecht on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Arthur premiered when I was exactly 4 months old. The show has always been a consistent pare of my afternoon plan, but that does not mean my four month old mind was that good. The first episode I remember watching is "I'd Rather Read it Myself." I think I remembered it first, is that it threw in so many references to episodes I had not seen, and it gave me an interest in watching all of them.
What is the first episode you remember watching?
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First Episode you Remember Watching

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:29 pm

I was 2 years old when Arthur first aired. I don't exactly remember the very first episode I have ever watched. But I am guessing Season 1?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by WatteauMasterDetective on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:48 am

I was probably one when it aired in Malaysia. In fact, I think it was during the time of the show's debut (1996). I know, because I also used to watch Beast Wars Transformers which also debuted and aired alongside Arthur on my channels at the time.

I think the first episode I remembered watching was the one when Kate was born. I had it recorded in VHS, but the tape is long gone Sad Oh well, there's always the internet now
WatteauMasterDetective
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:53 pm

I only saw "Arthur/DW's Baby" once without YouTube.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:17 pm

I could have sworn we had this thread already, I even looked for it, but I can't find any thread discussing this topic.

Anyway, the first episode I ever saw was "Arthur Goes to Camp" back in 1998: my PBS didn't start airing ARTHUR regularly till the fall of 2000, so prior to that, ARTHUR usually only aired on special occasions (like pledge drives), or totally at random: "Arthur Goes to Camp" was totally random. Later that same year, I also found myself watching "Binky Barnes, Art Expert / Arthur's Lucky Pencil" and "Sue Ellen's Lost Diary / Arthur's Knee" on a couple of other random occasions. Then in the summer of 2000, we had a week of ARTHUR during pledge drives - mostly the early Season 1 episodes . . . then, as I said, the show finally aired regularly in the fall.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:05 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:I could have sworn we had this thread already, I even looked for it, but I can't find any thread discussing this topic.

Anyway, the first episode I ever saw was "Arthur Goes to Camp" back in 1998: my PBS didn't start airing ARTHUR regularly till the fall of 2000, so prior to that, ARTHUR usually only aired on special occasions (like pledge drives), or totally at random: "Arthur Goes to Camp" was totally random. Later that same year, I also found myself watching "Binky Barnes, Art Expert / Arthur's Lucky Pencil" and "Sue Ellen's Lost Diary / Arthur's Knee" on a couple of other random occasions. Then in the summer of 2000, we had a week of ARTHUR during pledge drives - mostly the early Season 1 episodes . . . then, as I said, the show finally aired regularly in the fall.

I still wished Molly would come to his class out of vengeance and kick his ass for not letting her join the team!
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:21 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:I could have sworn we had this thread already, I even looked for it, but I can't find any thread discussing this topic.

Whenever I post atopic I always do a search to see if it has been doe before. I know I searched for "first," "saw," and "Remember." I could have missed it.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:51 pm

I'm trying to remember.. I would watch Arthur with my aunt whenever she came home from school. I was four, I think. Its one of my earliest memories. I think the one where D.W. becomes the older sibling was the one I remembered most, im not sure if it was the first i ever saw. I dont think I could remember the first, me and my aunt were watching it basically since before i could talk. That one is still one of my favorite episodes. Arthur
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:16 am

Wild Starry Moony wrote:I'm trying to remember.. I would watch Arthur with my aunt whenever she came home from school. I was four, I think. Its one of my earliest memories. I think the one where D.W. becomes the older sibling was the one I remembered most, im not sure if it was the first i ever saw. I dont think I could remember the first, me and my aunt were watching it basically since before i could talk. That one is still one of my favorite episodes. Arthur
That is "Dw's Time Trouble" from season 7
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaigeTurner on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:26 pm

PaigeTurner
Peachmonger
Peachmonger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:47 pm

I remember "Arthur Accused/ Locked I the Library" having a different tone than most the other season 1 episodes. A good example of early installment weirdness.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:13 pm

The one i kinda remeber is friday the 13th the reason why i remeber some of it is because when the rerunaired it was friday the 13th in real life
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:18 pm

pokemonlover731 wrote:The one i kinda remeber is friday the 13th the reason why i remeber some of it is because when the rerunaired it was friday the 13th in real life
I remember the network making it a Friday the 13th special. Besides comic strips I cannot name any other Friday the 13th specials.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:16 am

one bout get they shit burn d0wn an binky get all scared go pullen alarms an shit or somthen. had s00sie too i thnk.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:24 pm

Kerry9Story wrote:one bout get they shit burn d0wn an binky get all scared go pullen alarms an shit or somthen. had s00sie too i thnk.
"April 9th."
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:11 am

I also don't remember ether? but it was probably the first season. scratch
Buster & Molly Lover
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:54 am

Arthur's Pet Business/D.W. The Copycat.

It's the only episode pair I have on VHS tape, so I'm assuming it's the first one I ever watched...
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:20 pm

Is this what you meant? http://elwoodcitycentral.createaforum.com/arthur-episodes/what-was-the-first-episode-you-saw/msg673/#msg673 (I went through old ECC posts for old episode reviews)
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top