Season 1 is Coming back this November!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 1 is Coming back this November!

Post by MatthewHecht on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:51 pm

I just checked my local PBS schedule and on November 16th they are bringing back 2 episodes per day (and pushing the show an hour earlier. The first episode they are doing is "Arthur's Chicken Pox/Sick as a Dog." On the 18th they are doing "My Club rules/Stolen Bike." On the 30th "Arthur Babysits/Arthur's Cousin Catastrophe."
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 1 is Coming back this November!

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:06 pm

So I guess the reports that Season 1 had permanently been retired from rotation were unsubstaintiated rumors, or is PBS changing its mind?

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:54 pm

That's good!
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:38 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:So I guess the reports that Season 1 had permanently been retired from rotation were unsubstaintiated rumors, or is PBS changing its mind?
I think they changed their minds. Almost always good to abandon a plan that does not work.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:02 pm

MatthewHecht wrote:
Snowth Poogle wrote:So I guess the reports that Season 1 had permanently been retired from rotation were unsubstaintiated rumors, or is PBS changing its mind?
        I think they changed their minds.  Almost always good to abandon a plan that does not work.

Agreed.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Yayayayayyayayaya

PBS is really bringing it in. They are gettin new animators, they're bringing the old episodes back into rotation.. Guess they realize this show matters to people! Binky 2
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Wild Starry Moony wrote:Yayayayayyayayaya

PBS is really bringing it in. They are gettin new animators, they're bringing the old episodes back into rotation.. Guess they realize this show matters to people! Binky 2

Yeah, hopefully they will go back to digital ink and paint animation like Seasons 6-15. It's the same thing as traditional cel animation except they scan everything on the computer and ink it there.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Personally I think due to budget cuts they are trying to make due with less shows and being more loyal to their existing shows. They seem to have well less original shows on now than they did since I can remember. They also are no longer airing re-runs for canceled shows except on weekends. That makes room for doing more hour long slots. Arthur should be their best demographic by far for the older audiences, as it still appeals to all their younger audiences as well. They no longer have Fetch, Wishbone, Martha Speaks, Zoom, and Wordgirl to potentially take Arthur's place if it lost viewers.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthurfan21 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:51 pm

I believe that PBS is airing the season 1 episodes as a stop gap/filler until they air seasons 20 and 21, possibly because people were growing tired of seeing episodes from season 9-15 over and over again and wanted something different.

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:27 pm

I will remember to watch them and hope they notice higher ratings for the early season episodes.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Arthurfan21 wrote:
I believe that PBS is airing the season 1 episodes as a stop gap/filler until they air seasons 20 and 21, possibly because people were growing tired of seeing episodes from season 9-15 over and over again and wanted something different.
Naw, PBS doesn't work that way. If it did, they'd be showing Seasons 1-4 and 7 and 8 more often than they do, because we've been tired of seemingly almost endless reruns of Seasons 9-15. But WGBH could release older seasons on DVD if they would: that's why these Old School DVD sets of SESAME STREET have been released in the past, specifically to cater to fans of the older years of the show from 1969 to 1989. The same could be done for ARTHUR; we even have a thread of how possibilities that would make these sets desireable on the market, such as bonus features that could be included.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:40 pm

The December schedule came out. On December 1st "Arthur/DW's Baby." and on the 2nd is "Arthur Writes a Story/Arthur's Lost Dog." There are quite a few episodes from season 2 that will then be aired throughoutut December.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:35 am

well imma see em so longs my beerfat dad anit watchen NSACAR like he always do an he always did be yellen HHUUUAAAAAAAA >_<
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Just had a look at the January schedule. Looks like season 14, 15 and 16 will air (feels like these were just on Rolling Eyes ), with possible premiere dates for 1901, 1902, and 1903 from Jan. 18-20.

Also, random fact: The new series Nature Cat will be airing Mondays and Wednesdays only (during an Arthur timeslot in some TV markets) until mid January. By that time, it will air Monday-Friday. I assume the double episodes of Arthur will be short-lived as the new series get priority and knocks Arthur back to one daily episode.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:10 am

This beats NASCAR any day of the week.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:03 pm

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:Just had a look at the January schedule. Looks like season 14, 15 and 16 will air (feels like these were just on Rolling Eyes ), with possible premiere dates for 1901, 1902, and 1903 from Jan. 18-20.

Also, random fact: The new series Nature Cat will be airing Mondays and Wednesdays only (during an Arthur timeslot in some TV markets) until mid January. By that time, it will air Monday-Friday. I assume the double episodes of Arthur will be short-lived as the new series get priority and knocks Arthur back to one daily episode.
Hopefully they push back Odd Squad
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MagicToolBox on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:23 pm

Here in New York, we have three main PBS stations: WNET, WLIW, and NJTV. WNET also has a subchannel, Kids Thirteen, that airs only PBS Kids shows 24/7. It's pretty much all the active shows with a few "ended" shows such as Maya & Miguel and Angelina Ballerina, which only air overnight. No "old" stuff like Clifford, Mr. Rogers, or Zoom, though.

WNET has always aired Arthur from the beginning, but they dropped it around the same time Odd Squad started. It still airs on WLIW and NJTV.

Remember back in Summer 2014 when they began airing a double run of Arthur nationally? Well, while most stations went back to just one airing of Arthur a few months later, NJTV continued the double run and is still airing the double run today, at 2:00 and 2:30 PM. However, they seem to be airing the secondary run on an independent rotation, as tomorrow's second airing is "Binky vs. Binky/Operation: D.W.!", which was banned due to the Lance Armstrong scandal and hasn't aired nationally since January 2013. Also, when the "new" double run begins on 11/16, NJTV has "The Boy Who Cried Comet/Arthur and Los Vecinos" scheduled for the second airing instead of the national "Arthur's Chicken Pox/Sick as a Dog".

Unforunately, I don't get NJTV with my provider, but I do get WNET and the kids' subchannel and WLIW.

While I imagine most markets are simply airing the two Arthurs back to back, New York is actually splitting the two airings between channels. WNET is remaining Arthur-less while WLIW continues to air the primary, mostly-recent episodes at 12:30 PM. Through 11/15, Arthur has aired on WNET Kids at 4:00 PM and 1:00 AM. Both of these airings are the same episodes that aired on WLIW earlier that day (on weekends, they air episodes that aired earlier in the week). Starting 11/16, their afternoon Arthur is getting moved to 3:00 PM (along with WordGirl reruns returning at 4:30 PM, which currently doesn't air on any PBS station here anymore) and they will be airing the secondary run with the Season 1 episodes.

I don't see anything about "Nature Cat" on our schedule at all. I guess they're not picking it up until January if anything.

MagicToolBox
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:17 pm

I remember when I truly enjoyed PBS shows other than Arthur. Now it is Wild Kratts for so bad it's good and Curious George in small doses is still good. I do not think there are any other shows that still come on that are good for adult audiences. I think they should focus on a show like Wishbone that encourages adult literature.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:26 am

MatthewHecht wrote: I remember when I truly enjoyed PBS shows other than Arthur. Now it is Wild Kratts for so bad it's good and Curious George in small doses is still good. I do not think there are any other shows that still come on that are good for adult audiences. I think they should focus on a show like Wishbone that encourages adult literature.
pr0n mabbe?
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:20 pm

While I'm glad to see that Season 1 is returning, after it was last reported that it had been permanently retired from rotation (but then again, that was never actually confirmed as having happened, though it did make sense), I'm horrified to see the show has been moved to another timeslot, after fifteen years of coming on at 4:00 every afternoon, I don't believe I can adjust to it coming on an hour earlier. Not only that, but I see that ARTHUR's going to be taken off completely next week for Adam and David Rudman's new show, NATURE CAT. My world has been turned upside down.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:42 pm

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what PBS was thinking during this most recent schedule change. There are some pretty major changes. Sesame Street is only a half hour now...Curious George is moving to 8:30am, after being on at 8:00am since that show premiered. Nature Cat will ultimately push Arthur to 3:00pm. My local station has always shown Arthur at 4pm or 5pm (and 4:30pm for a year or two). Are kids in the Arthur target-viewing audience even out of school at 3:00??

Snowth Poogle wrote:While I'm glad to see that Season 1 is returning, after it was last reported that it had been permanently retired from rotation (but then again, that was never actually confirmed as having happened, though it did make sense), I'm horrified to see the show has been moved to another timeslot, after fifteen years of coming on at 4:00 every afternoon, I don't believe I can adjust to it coming on an hour earlier. Not only that, but I see that ARTHUR's going to be taken off completely next week for Adam and David Rudman's new show, NATURE CAT. My world has been turned upside down.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 am

its on in the mornin i think?
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:05 am

Kerry9Story wrote:its on in the mornin i think?

Ahh, yes. I forgot about the morning times. Even that got an hour earlier.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:08 am

ima see it morrow caus i aint gotta w0rk an p33ps keep pullen em from youtube so cant see em wheneer like use to.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:41 am

This is great! Very Happy
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top