Post by Apricot Jack on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Apricot Jack
Peachmonger
Peachmonger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mental Illness Thread

Post by CMSAB11 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:44 pm

I had no idea it was that difficult to become a nurse, Wild Star...wow. I've heard it's a wonderful profession, though. I'll probably be in a similar boat, since I'm going to become either a nurse practitioner, a physician's assistant, or an MD. I'm going to apply to medical school first and see if I get accepted, and if that doesn't work out, I'll look into the other two professions. It's a pretty difficult world, unfortunately...

I know, that's really sad about religion...for example, I wish some of these Bible-thumpers would just open up their minds a little and not be so discriminatory. I mean, in Chrisitanity at least, isn't acceptance and forgiveness one of the core values? I just don't get it. I wish their guidelines were more flexible, especially in this day and age... scratch

Yep, I second Lotta. You're our Slumsister. No one's going to be upset or angry at you for getting things off your chest. It's all perfectly fine here. Very Happy

CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:30 pm

u be helpin lil kids an shit?
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:12 pm

@Meg @Lotta thanks you guys. seriously. Very Happy it is very uplifting to hear that right now.

nurseing is a fairly difficult profession, but its very rewarding and since there's usually a nurse shortage if you have a degree you're almost guaranteed to get a job, so that parts good.

honestly im fed up with the bs in my religion. bullshit bullshit bullshit. followin those core values is sinful sometimes according to some 'canon.'

@Kerry mebbe babies. the two nursing professions i want to do are maternity (so preggers or moms in labor) or forensic nursing, which is dead bodies and crime victims. still haven't decided which one.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Absolutely. I'm glad that we've all managed to form a bond and relate like this. It's funny how you can know someone through a forum or community for a few years, but not really connect until the right circumstances arise.

I applaud your decision to pursue nursing as a career. Not only is it a rewarding profession (as are all medical jobs), but it's something that's in high national demand. Having the right kind of degree/skill in this day and age is much more important than just having good grades. The job market is brutal, and healthcare is one of the few industries that still assures good career options for those who can excel in accredited programs.

Regarding religion, as Meg pointed out, there are a lot of denominations of Christianity that interpret scripture differently, and a number that don't hold homosexuality as sinful at all. It only makes sense, since the Bible has so many verses that can be understood in different ways based on factors such as historical context, figurative vs. literal meaning, which verses take precedence over others, etc.

A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:14 pm

some em cant help it thats all im sayin.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Just like Ricky and Matt. Can't help it I bet.
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:32 am

pry much
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Well, my mental Illness is...I have Autism! Embarassed scratch
Buster & Molly Lover
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:58 pm

It seems as if autism has been on the rise in recent years... as many as 1 in 45 U.S. kids may be diagnosed with it, apparently.

https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2015/11/13/cdc-survey-autism-rise/20959/

That's a pretty sheer incline from the 1 in 2,000 statistic from the 1980s...just one of the many medical mysteries out there. Shocked

But hey, nothing wrong with being autistic. Most autistics/aspies I know in real life are great people. Smile
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:20 pm

jus not b33ber -_-
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:41 am

One suggestion I've heard from professionals in the field regarding the increase in diagnosis is that the condition simply wasn't well-defined and often misdiagnosed in the past.  The increase really is staggering, though.  I've also come to learn that the "vaccine" allegations have been thoroughly debunked, as well.

Anyway, agreed - it's unfortunate that a few bad apples who throw adult temper tantrums or flip out for no good reason give the entire sub-section of the population a bad name.  For every instance like that, I can also recall a case of a non-autistic adult who was utterly insufferable.  Likewise, there many good-natured, good-humored folks out there with Asperger's syndrome - including some of our most valued community members. Smile
A Lotta Moms

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:41 am

I learn to cope with my disorder. Cool
Buster & Molly Lover
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:00 pm

With some, it's really hard to tell if they even have autism/aspergers. I think most people that have it just have a very mild form of it. I can't even tell, half the time.
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Buster & Molly Lover wrote:Well, my mental Illness is...I have Autism! Embarassed scratch

I have something called sensory processing disorder
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:16 pm

pokemonlover731 wrote:
Buster & Molly Lover wrote:Well, my mental Illness is...I have Autism! Embarassed scratch

I'm sorry to hear that...I know that it can sometimes be difficult to live with. I hope it doesn't interfere too much with your daily activities and you're able to manage it well...
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:09 pm

What weird about my mental weirdness; when I finally went to a counselor he was able to figure out stuff about me that I hadn't even picked up on. For instance, ADHD. That or he's a hack, I'll have to see.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:05 pm

ass made shit up prolly like fat bitch hadda see@halfway house when shit went down few mos back try sayin im all ADD an biploar an shit but look i know shes jus makin shit up so they aint gotta stop hitten up F3D$$$-4-FUND$$$. hoardass bitch all rubber looken aint wash@ like a month cause she all hoarse smellen ai en lemme go out cause hella gotta piss over like a fucken hour Crying or Very sad h3LLa hope her ass dead soon cause she fucken oer more peeps like my ass aint rly done nothen wrong only got shit hard up@real life -_-
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:09 pm

CMSAB11 wrote:
pokemonlover731 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that...I know that it can sometimes be difficult to live with. I hope it doesn't interfere too much with your daily activities and you're able to manage it well...

It doesn't interfere with my life.  

here are the signs for it ( which i find some of them are accurate  in my case)

http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/sensory-processing-disorder-checklist.html
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:22 pm

Wild Starry Moony wrote:What weird about my mental weirdness; when I finally went to a counselor he was able to figure out stuff about me that I hadn't even picked up on. For instance, ADHD. That or he's a hack, I'll have to see.

yeah sometimes people can lie about those things. I went to this one place when I was little  and they diagnosed me with ADD or ADHD ( i was little so i don't remember.) I went there again some years later ( i think it was the same place) And they diagnosed me with SPD, Anxiety ( dont know which knid though) and something else ( which I dont remember)

Do some people who have anxiety have different levels of it? also do some people act different with it because for me whenever I start getting anxious (sometimes) I will make like animal noises Like a whimper (idk why).

Last edited by pokemonlover731 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:18 pm

I have GAD which is generalized anxiety which means a lot of things can set me off. I know there are varying degrees of anxiety; mine used to be worse when I was younger because I would get stomachaches and nausea over something like getting my report card or giving a presentation for school. Most of my anxiety was, and still is, school or work related, but I occasionally have worries about social interactions too. Now, I'll sometimes get bad flare ups, but for the most part I have it under control.

I've never made involuntary noises like that when stressed or anxious. That might be related to your SPD, so I would bring that up with your doctor. I tend to shake, or my hands get sweaty...nausea and stomachaches, like I mentioned. If I get really anxious, I'll cry and freak out or have a panic attack on rare occasion. It really just depends on the person. Having had panic attacks before though, I really sympathize with those who have panic disorder. It's just about the worst experience in the world without actually having any physical pain. Sad
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:56 pm

get em once while.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:55 pm

I feel bad for people who get panic attacks Daily, One time in 8th grade I started crying before class ( i think because I was scared of idk what honestly) pretty much that whole day at school I was pretty much not moving fast and sort of getting nervous and that's the first time something like that's ever happened to me.
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:25 pm

i member used be that way in hs but nooen gavafuck they jsut like DUHH K3RRY HOW BOUT U COM EOUT AN STOP CRYIN but i aint able acuase shits sad an i aint wanna d34L Crying or Very sad
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:56 pm

pokemonlover731 wrote:I feel bad for people who get panic attacks Daily, One time in 8th grade I started crying before class ( i think because I was scared of idk what honestly) pretty much that whole day at school I was pretty much not moving fast and sort of getting nervous and that's the first time something like that's ever happened to me.

It's the worst thing ever, some people can't even leave their houses because of their anxiety. Glad I'm not that bad.
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top