January premeries talkback thread......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

January premeries talkback thread......

Post by MarleyandPal96 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:28 pm

Caught the first airing (which my cable guide calls it a "repeat", but i digress) of "Arthur's Toy Trouble", only the end of it....and found it to be a decent episode about collecting (heck, I'm a collector myself of various things, and I know someone who collect comic books and other geek stuff). Love the "A Word from Us Kids" segment, where regular antiques are shown so non-geeks don't have to be left out.

The "B-side" of this show, the one where Arthur's friends design a mini-golf courses' 18th hole, is kinda bland....(though I love Putt-Putt, especially when I was younger.....)

Do you think the writing will improve once we get back to hand-drawn in Season 20?

MarleyandPal96
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: January premeries talkback thread......

Post by MatthewHecht on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:14 pm

I did not care for "Spar for the Course" but "Arthur's Toy Trouble" was really good. It seems we are now getting one good segment and one dull one every episode with rare exceptions. Better animation may make us appreciate the show more making poor writing less notable, thus it should help the writing.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:47 pm

I like Arthurs Toy Trouble, especially since they brought back Freddy K. To me that shows that they are... trying, in regards to writing. with the more recent episodes i keep noticing subtle throwbacks and references to older episodes, and that means that they may have at least heard our complaints and are trying to tie the show together better. hopefully they can hire someone with a really good sense of humor to overlook the scripts. Wink like Joe Fallon! aaaand this turned into a rant about rebuilding the show. oops.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Rants are appreciated.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:16 am

seen it i guess
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:31 am

I've also noticed and applaud the recent efforts to include little bits of humor here and there that are more appreciable to a teenage or adult audience.  While I suppose "The dog's got my weiner!" territory might be asking a bit much in this day and age, I do specifically remember a few recent moments that came close.  Specifically, the scene in Two Minutes when Timmy pretends to be a baby, slaps on a diaper, and proceeds to have an accident.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top