"D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy" Minor Inconsistencies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy" Minor Inconsistencies

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Last night I was watching an old tape of ARTHUR episodes including "D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy," and I've always noticed there's some very minor inconsistencies with the story that I thought I would bring up:

First thing's first, we know that D.W. gets the idea of tricking the tooth fairy as something of a get-rich-quick scheme, figuring that if she bilked the tooth fairy of money she would be able to afford that My Fluffy Unicorn Clothes Horse Horse Clothes Barn . . . as the episode progresses though, less emphasis is put on that and it becomes more and more about D.W.'s desperation to have a tooth pulled and trick the tooth fairy to the point where the story kind of morphs into a plot about D.W.'s obsession with teeth (something even Arthur points out in the end). It isn't until we see her dream sequence that we're reminded that she wanted money for the barn, and in fact, figures the shark tooth would impress the tooth fairy enough to just leave the barn under her pillow. As I said, as D.W.'s obsession with teeth grows, the fact that she wanted money for the barn suddenly becomes less apparent and is almost forgotten.

And that brings to mind the other minor inconsistency: while at the museum gift shop, D.W. remembers one of the tricks Arthur did in trying to loosen his baby tooth was to chew gum - she also remembers her suggesting to him that he use a shark tooth to trick his friends into thinking he lost the tooth, and she seems to remember "it worked for Arthur, it'll work for me!" During this scene, she continuously holds a pack of gum and tells Jane she knows what she wants to buy, which suggests she's going to chew gum constantly to try to loosen one of her teeth, but it's later revealed that she bought a shark tooth instead, of which Arthur reminds her that trick didn't work when he tried it on his friends. So if it was the shark tooth she was going to buy, what was with that little bit about the gum? I guess because in the flashback from "Arthur's Tooth," the gum segues into the shark tooth. . . . but even then, why did D.W. need to buy another shark tooth? It's been a long time since I saw "Arthur's Tooth," did Arthur lose it or not give it back to D.W.? Not to mention D.W. was sure the trick worked when Arthur did it, but as I pointed out, he reminded her that it didn't, but she doesn't seem fazed either way.

Even though this is a Crazy Joe episode and he's usually a good writer, this episode was a little on the clumsy side in terms of the storytelling and the plot details.

Oh . . . and why did D.W. have a bowling ball in her bedroom? Razz

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy" Minor Inconsistencies

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:08 am

Snowth Poogle wrote:Oh . . . and why did D.W. have a bowling ball in her bedroom? Razz
Wreckin BaLL ^_~
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:47 pm

I love trying to make sense of these.
I think it is in character for her to like staring at bowling balls or something.
I think I remember Francine taking Arthur's shark tooth. Even if Arthur got it back he may not have been willing to let D.W. use it for something he thought would cost him 19 quarters.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon May 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Muffy scuse me, imma try to earn a mere buck or two
Buster A stiff n1gga come in -- and who the fuck are you?
Muffy Around this part of town with diamonds and your girl in fur
Muffy "I'm tryin enter in this rap contest you're havin sir"
Buster You're kinda late
Muffy "Flat tire"
Buster Well that'd do it
Muffy Well alright, pay me now, and you'll be at the hub
Muffy I hope I don't mess up, or run out of breath, or even BRICK"
Buster Don't worry hon you're hittin em harder than a fuckin brick
Buster But what do you think sis? Please, no one can serve us
Muffy Wish me luck dear, I'm scared and I'm nervous
Buster So who stands, who falls, who crowds the halls
Buster This one the imma call... lick the balls~!!!
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Error:

Post by In_Correct on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:17 am

Duplicate Post.

Last edited by In_Correct on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

In_Correct
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by In_Correct on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:17 am

I am so sorry. I did not mean to post in this thread.

In_Correct
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top