So PBS updated the Arthur website...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So PBS updated the Arthur website...

Post by CMSAB11 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:48 pm

http://pbskids.org/arthur/

...with 9 Story art. -__-

I thought they weren't going to use 9 Story's models anymore, isn't Oasis stepping in?? Why update the site with their crappy models when they're going to be switching to a new animation studio anyway??
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So PBS updated the Arthur website...

Post by Salty on Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:25 am

What's the deal with Oasis? Do they do they specialize in traditional animation?

I started watching the new episodes and the animation is awful, low tier flash garbage. It's only marginally better than cheap 3D animation. I think Marina's hair went from being brown to orange.
Salty
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:27 am

Unfortunately, no one really knows... I suspect it'll just be better flash animation. Oasis uses ToonBoom from what I heard, so at least there will be a bit of an improvement.

Thankfully, 9 Story's last season was s19. What with all the complaints about the animation, I imagine Oasis will be expected to do a much better job, or ratings won't be as high...

CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:56 pm

yeah, s20 seems like its gonna make or break the show. If they dont do better job, I suspect the show will falter and die. If they can do at least a decent job, and bring back even a fraction of the original quality, our show could be up and walking and living a long good life. GAH THIS IS STRESSFUL. I kinda wish there was more we could do...
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Wild Starry Moony wrote:yeah, s20 seems like its gonna make or break the show. If they dont do  better job, I suspect the show will falter and die. If they can do at least a decent job, and bring back even a fraction of the original quality, our show could be up and walking and living a long good life. GAH THIS IS STRESSFUL. I kinda wish there was more we could do...
I think the writing of seasons 18-19 have saved the show from the Dark Ages. As long as the quality continues to go up or at least makes the weaker episodes become better (currently the good episodes are great, but there are still some bad ones and too many dull episodes) the show will live.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Salty on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:06 am

CMSAB11 wrote: Oasis uses ToonBoom from what I heard, so at least there will be a bit of an improvement.

From my limited understanding of animation programs, ToonBoom works on the same principles as Flash (eg: it's a vector program that uses motion tween), but it's slightly more intuitive and easier to use. How the animation is done, however, will be up to the director and the animators. The 9 story approach treats the screen as a stage and never changes viewpoint or uses dutch angles or bird's eye/worm's eye view, which is is kind of sad.

As MatthewHecht mentioned, the writing is also crucial. There were definitely some good episodes in the past few seasons (The Tardy Tumbler and Maria Speaks, to name a few), but there were also a ton of Pal and Kate episodes, and DW-centric episodes, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Unfortunately, low budget animation tends to limit the storytelling capabilities. I hope this doesn't limit the next two seasons of Arthur, but time will tell.
Salty
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:13 pm

that shit come out ima see the shit out it. it aint no good like it used been then ima shit p4ncakes. >_
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top