Least Bad of Pal and Kate Episodes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Least Bad of Pal and Kate Episodes

Post by MatthewHecht on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:48 pm

I know these episodes are despised by nearly the entire fandom, but there is still some good in them.
The early episodes had some genuinely funny ideas like The Sock Market, Telutubbies having complex symbolism, and the Fur Masons. The more recent ones have one redeeming quality, Pal and Nemo as frenemies.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Least Bad of Pal and Kate Episodes

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:14 pm

Moved to Episode Epicenter.

I'm inclined to say the one with the Sock Market is the least bad of the Pal and Kate episodes: it was the first one I saw, and I didn't think that these were going to become a semi-regular thing with the show, so I remember thinking it was an odd concept that was unique for a stand-alone episode, but no more than that . . . and boy, was I wrong. But that being said, the idea of the sock market was a wonderful little satire to how economics work and such; I also liked Mr. Toad and that weenie he had hanging out of his mouth like a big cigar . . . but the ending where he and Toady (who apparently escaped from D.W., despite clinging to her previously) hook up and hop off together was almost like a Big Lipped Alligator Moment.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:19 am

I also found the ending to be disappointing, but at least the rest was funny. Sadly its sequel episode was dull.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:10 pm

some em aint so bad.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:45 pm

Kerry9Story wrote:some em aint so bad.
Agreed. I think most of us like sock market.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:17 am

One element of the Kate/Pal sequence that I did find particularly clever (even a little heartbreaking) was the point at which Kate started to lose her ability to communicate with Pal via the same language as a result of her slowly growing up and being able to comprehend the language of the adult world.  Even if it was only depicted in its initial stages (and as much as most of us wish the talking Pal episodes would just go away), it nonetheless portrayed a certain universal sadness many feel when we have to finally put aside the fun, innocent kingdom of our youth and venture forth into the adult world.

Powerful stuff.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:10 am

A Lotta Moms wrote:One element of the Kate/Pal sequence that I did find particularly clever (even a little heartbreaking) was the point at which Kate started to lose her ability to communicate with Pal via the same language as a result of her slowly growing up and being able to comprehend the language of the adult world.  Even if it was only depicted in its initial stages (and as much as most of us wish the talking Pal episodes would just go away), it nonetheless portrayed a certain universal sadness many feel when we have to finally put aside the fun, innocent kingdom of our youth and venture forth into the adult world.

Powerful stuff.
I was enjoying that episode, but the llama part really ruined it for me. At least it had some rally good parts in the beginning.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:33 pm

they do more im hopin tehy got more kids in it nxt time not jus kate an arthurs dog cause shits old now.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top