Pixel Art

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pixel Art

Post by Coyote_Mao on Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:39 pm

Drawing sprites and making tiny GIF with them is kind of my hobby. Although I'm yet to make any real animations with Arthur characters, I did work on a few sprites and facesets for a certain program called RPG Maker VX. I think they turned out alright... Except Muffy. I messed her up a bit. Rolling Eyes
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pixel Art

Post by CMSAB11 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:23 am

Wow, excellent work! Shocked

I don't think you messed up any of the characters. They all look so on-model. The only suggestion I really have is to make Muffy's and Buster's shoulders a bit wider so that their heads are more in proportion with their bodies. Otherwise, they're all perfect!

I've dabbled in pixel art before. It's fun. cat
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:50 am

did soem em fw yrs go but aint done em in bit.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:19 am

CMSAB11 wrote:Wow, excellent work! Shocked
I've dabbled in pixel art before. It's fun. cat
Thank you kindly! And yes, it sure is... I also find Arthur characters with their not too complex designs and coloring schemes to be perfect for practicing drawing sprites. Smile
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WatteauMasterDetective on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:49 am

Not bad Smile I've been doing pixel art myself and this is actually well done Smile
WatteauMasterDetective
Dumpster Diver
Dumpster Diver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks! I had this idea of making an RPG with Arthur characters where the player takes on a role of a new kid in Mr. Ratburn's class, but I'm always either too busy or too lazy to work on it these days... But if anyone think they could put my sprites to some good use - feel free to do so. Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:29 pm

I'm also very impressed!  Pixel art can actually be deceptively tricky, given that you have such a smaller space to work with.  An Arthur-based RPG would be a fantastic idea, and one that's possibly doable with a program like that.

I've actually tinkered around with the RPG Maker programs over the years, but likewise never quite completed anything.  A few times, I made decent headway into projects, but just didn't have the time due to life, studies, work, etc.  Lots of people use it and make games with the built-in RTP resources, which is feasible, but I was hesitant because then it'd have just seemed like another RPG Maker game rather than its own unique creation.  Of course, therein lies the irony - creating all of one's own resources and custom systems can make a project unmanageable for most working folks, so the end product is no game whatsoever. silent  

I'd still like to put something out, even a smaller-scale project, some time before I die of old age or get eaten by a bear...
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:00 am

That's precisely why I wouldn't mind anyone who wants to work on a similar project using and editing my sprites as they please. Such things take tremendous amount of dedication and having a bunch of premade assets can be very helpful. Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:59 pm

And hey, it's much appreciated. Hopefully, they'll be put to good use at some point.  Again, I'd love to see a really well-made Arthur RPG happen that can at least rival retro-era SNES games of the genre.
A Lotta Moms

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top