Haney, Read, Bailey, and Ratburn all in the same school at the same time?

Go down

Haney, Read, Bailey, and Ratburn all in the same school at the same time?

Post by In_Correct on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:55 am

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but how is Principal Herbert Haney, David Read, James Bailey, Nigel Ratburn, all in the same school at the same time? Are they supposed to be the same age? They don't look nor act the same age. I am guessing they are all one year older with Haney being a senior in High School and Ratburn being a freshman. It seems more likely that the four of them met in college. I also wouldn't be surprised if Nigel (and Rodentia, being a very young teacher with no permanent job) skipped several years of school because of their devotion to studying.

It seems that Mr. Haney is the same or similar age as Mrs. MacGrady and Paige Turner. And yet aren't Mr. Ratburn and Paige Turner dating?

Mrs. MacGrady could be in her early 60s or perhaps late 50s. It is implied that she is the cafeteria manager, and at times acts as vice principal. Similar ages could be Thora, Buster's Grandmother, Ted Glass, and Mr. Morris.

Paige Turner appears to be older than her aardvark associate. (I will name her Becky.)
I guess Paige is in her late 40s, perhaps early 50s.
Becky could be her early 20s, late 20s, or early 30s.

I am guessing Mr. Haney to be the same age as Mrs. Turner but I wouldn't be surprised if he is older. Perhaps older than Mrs. Turner but younger than Mrs. MacGrady.

David is ? Late 30s? Mid 40s?

Bailey could be only one year younger than David.

And the Ratburns are probably very young.

Were Haney, Read, Bailey, and Ratburn really in high school together, or just college?

In_Correct
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Haney, Read, Bailey, and Ratburn all in the same school at the same time?

Post by Coyote_Mao on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Mr. and Mrs. Read's oldest child is only 8 years old, they can still be in their late 20s and to be honest they don't seem to be much older than 30. Mr.Ratburn's age is a mystery... I kind of figured him to be a few years older than Arthur's parents, but then again - it's often the younger and less experienced teachers who expect perfection from their students.
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Arthur's Almost Boring Day confirms the class's parents, Mr Haney, and Mr Ratburn were in high school together. Ratburn did not look like he was much younger, as he was on the football team.
Being a principal makes Herb look older due to the stress, and the parents remembering each other from high school helps explain why the kids are free range practically, everyone knows everybody.
MatthewHecht
Ass of Jacks
Ass of Jacks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:11 pm

they did i bet.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down