All things Star Wars

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All things Star Wars

Post by Coyote_Mao on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:44 am

I gotta say, it's a bit odd to see a forum that has been around for a couple of years, but still lacks a Star Wars thread. Especially since recently a new movie in the franchise has been released and turned out to be as good as "Rogue One" did. Surprised
I went to watch said flick shortly before New Year's Eve and loved almost every minute of it. This is what a lot of Star Wars fans around the globe hoped the prequels trilogy and Force Awakens would be like: a look at the beloved universe from a new angle. To be honest I was afraid that Disney would try and sell us a "new generation" of Star Wars characters with this one too (like they did with episode VII), but to my surprise the main characters here were intentionally downplayed and the spotline kept on the warring factions themselves - the Empire and the Rebellion - and their ideals. As such to me the movie came across as new and refreshing, plus - it also offers the best representation of the Empire to date and especially Darth Vader: you only see him in a handful of scenes, but every time he's on screen it's the Dark Lord of the Sith at his finest. Overall Rogue One was awesome. Smile
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All things Star Wars

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:43 pm

well i try seein it im in hs an shit but shits jus like ok wtf they still doin em for cause they done few em@70s i guess all \/4|)er or some shit an its liek OK shits fucken old now but then they goin try do am gain een shits bout 2017 now so im like wtf? idk mabbe soem p330s in allat so whaevs.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Kerry9Story wrote:well i try seein it im in hs an shit but shits jus like ok wtf they still doin em for cause they done few em@70s i guess all \/4|)er or some shit an its liek OK shits fucken old now but then they goin try do am gain een shits bout 2017 now so im like wtf?  idk mabbe soem p330s in allat so whaevs.
Word. I agree, 100%. Smile

BTW, I've recently decided to give videogames streaming a try and have chosen to play a Star Wars game called "Empire at War". I'll be thankful to anyone who can provide any kind of constructive criticism, but beware: apparently YouTube found some copyrighted music in my stream, attempted to automatically remove it and as a result the audio quality... Well, it took a hit and now it kinda sucks. Plus I have a thick Eastern European accent. No hate please. Very Happy
Click me!
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:24 pm

I wouldn't call that thick. More like mellow.

Here's my first - and only - LP, which is in German. Beware, it sucks more than the Pal/Kate episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6skJbIgF6Q

Would you believe if I told you I filmed it with my phone balanced sideways on the top of a water bottle.
ZeGermanArthurFan
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:33 pm

ZeGermanArthurFan wrote:I wouldn't call that thick. More like mellow.
Thick, mellow... However you describe it, one thing's for sure: I can write in English way better than I can speak it. silent
ZeGermanArthurFan wrote:Would you believe if I told you I filmed it with my phone balanced sideways on the top of a water bottle.
Well, yeah. One can tell by the scanlines... Is that what you call them? Surprised Anyway, I take it you're into fighting games?
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Bootlegs, yeah. I have a few Gameboy multicarts - in Russia of course, you have your Dendys...and tons of Famicom carts.

Mega Drive/Genesis clones and bootlegs also seem to be very popular.
ZeGermanArthurFan
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:43 pm

ZeGermanArthurFan wrote:Bootlegs, yeah. I have a few Gameboy multicarts - in Russia of course, you have your Dendys...and tons of Famicom carts.
Aye, "Dendys" i.e. Taiwanese copies of the NES were extremely popular here back in the day (personally I didn't own one though). But do you play anything more recent? Personally I'm a huge fan of Guilty Gears and BlazBlue series by Arc System, even though I can only play PC ports of their games. Very Happy
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Started on Saints Row IV after getting it for Christmas - GTA V is just so overrated.

Oh, and I almost forgot this:

Came all the way from Piter - obviously I was utterly disappointed that the cartridge didn't fit in my MD and was made for MD clones.
ZeGermanArthurFan
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm

I don't remember any localized versions of the games for MegaDrive back in my time... What year was this made in? Also, I don't think Saints Row is a fighting game. It's more of a sandbox shooter. Very Happy
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:34 pm

It's a boot - the closest we can date it is 2005 as thats the year the Chinese version came out.

I didn't say I played only fighting games. Wink
ZeGermanArthurFan
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:07 pm

I see. Do you play anything Star Wars-related? Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Always wanted to play Dark Forces (and its sequel) but never did. It sounded very interesting to me.

(Really sorry for the delayed reply!)
ZeGermanArthurFan
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Oh yeah, that Doom clone in Star Wars wrapping is kind of legendary. You can easily get it for a symbolic sum off Steam. Not sure how smoothly it runs on modern systems though... Maybe not at all. I got the game as part of the SW bundle I bought years ago, but never played it since. Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 pm

The force will be with you soon! Rolling Eyes
Buster & Molly Lover
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com