All things Star Wars

Go down

All things Star Wars

Post by Coyote_Mao on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:44 am

I gotta say, it's a bit odd to see a forum that has been around for a couple of years, but still lacks a Star Wars thread. Especially since recently a new movie in the franchise has been released and turned out to be as good as "Rogue One" did. Surprised
I went to watch said flick shortly before New Year's Eve and loved almost every minute of it. This is what a lot of Star Wars fans around the globe hoped the prequels trilogy and Force Awakens would be like: a look at the beloved universe from a new angle. To be honest I was afraid that Disney would try and sell us a "new generation" of Star Wars characters with this one too (like they did with episode VII), but to my surprise the main characters here were intentionally downplayed and the spotline kept on the warring factions themselves - the Empire and the Rebellion - and their ideals. As such to me the movie came across as new and refreshing, plus - it also offers the best representation of the Empire to date and especially Darth Vader: you only see him in a handful of scenes, but every time he's on screen it's the Dark Lord of the Sith at his finest. Overall Rogue One was awesome. Smile
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All things Star Wars

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:43 pm

well i try seein it im in hs an shit but shits jus like ok wtf they still doin em for cause they done few em@70s i guess all \/4|)er or some shit an its liek OK shits fucken old now but then they goin try do am gain een shits bout 2017 now so im like wtf? idk mabbe soem p330s in allat so whaevs.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Kerry9Story wrote:well i try seein it im in hs an shit but shits jus like ok wtf they still doin em for cause they done few em@70s i guess all \/4|)er or some shit an its liek OK shits fucken old now but then they goin try do am gain een shits bout 2017 now so im like wtf?  idk mabbe soem p330s in allat so whaevs.
Word. I agree, 100%. Smile

BTW, I've recently decided to give videogames streaming a try and have chosen to play a Star Wars game called "Empire at War". I'll be thankful to anyone who can provide any kind of constructive criticism, but beware: apparently YouTube found some copyrighted music in my stream, attempted to automatically remove it and as a result the audio quality... Well, it took a hit and now it kinda sucks. Plus I have a thick Eastern European accent. No hate please. Very Happy
Click me!
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:24 pm

I wouldn't call that thick. More like mellow.

Here's my first - and only - LP, which is in German. Beware, it sucks more than the Pal/Kate episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6skJbIgF6Q

Would you believe if I told you I filmed it with my phone balanced sideways on the top of a water bottle.
ZeGermanArthurFan
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:33 pm

ZeGermanArthurFan wrote:I wouldn't call that thick. More like mellow.
Thick, mellow... However you describe it, one thing's for sure: I can write in English way better than I can speak it. silent
ZeGermanArthurFan wrote:Would you believe if I told you I filmed it with my phone balanced sideways on the top of a water bottle.
Well, yeah. One can tell by the scanlines... Is that what you call them? Surprised Anyway, I take it you're into fighting games?
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Bootlegs, yeah. I have a few Gameboy multicarts - in Russia of course, you have your Dendys...and tons of Famicom carts.

Mega Drive/Genesis clones and bootlegs also seem to be very popular.
ZeGermanArthurFan
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:43 pm

ZeGermanArthurFan wrote:Bootlegs, yeah. I have a few Gameboy multicarts - in Russia of course, you have your Dendys...and tons of Famicom carts.
Aye, "Dendys" i.e. Taiwanese copies of the NES were extremely popular here back in the day (personally I didn't own one though). But do you play anything more recent? Personally I'm a huge fan of Guilty Gears and BlazBlue series by Arc System, even though I can only play PC ports of their games. Very Happy
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Started on Saints Row IV after getting it for Christmas - GTA V is just so overrated.

Oh, and I almost forgot this:

Came all the way from Piter - obviously I was utterly disappointed that the cartridge didn't fit in my MD and was made for MD clones.
ZeGermanArthurFan
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm

I don't remember any localized versions of the games for MegaDrive back in my time... What year was this made in? Also, I don't think Saints Row is a fighting game. It's more of a sandbox shooter. Very Happy
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:34 pm

It's a boot - the closest we can date it is 2005 as thats the year the Chinese version came out.

I didn't say I played only fighting games. Wink
ZeGermanArthurFan
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:07 pm

I see. Do you play anything Star Wars-related? Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Always wanted to play Dark Forces (and its sequel) but never did. It sounded very interesting to me.

(Really sorry for the delayed reply!)
ZeGermanArthurFan
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Oh yeah, that Doom clone in Star Wars wrapping is kind of legendary. You can easily get it for a symbolic sum off Steam. Not sure how smoothly it runs on modern systems though... Maybe not at all. I got the game as part of the SW bundle I bought years ago, but never played it since. Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 pm

The force will be with you soon! Rolling Eyes
Buster & Molly Lover
Buster's Wants To Go To Molly's House!

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Sooo... Everyone on here have chosen to ignore the worst Star Wars movie in history getting released last month or something? Wink
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:43 pm

I'll admit, I've still only seen the first (middle) three movies from start to finish.  
However...

A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:02 am

I want to see THAT in the next special edition! Very Happy "They see me rollin', they hatin'..."
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 am

Gives a whole new meaning to the notion of corrupt law enforcement, doesn't it?
A Lotta Moms

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:07 pm

ZeGermanArthurFan wrote:Started on Saints Row IV after getting it for Christmas - GTA V is just so overrated.

Oh, and I almost forgot this:

Came all the way from Piter - obviously I was utterly disappointed that the cartridge didn't fit in my MD and was made for MD clones.

Shoot, I miss playing classic video games from back in the day. Crying or Very sad
Buster & Molly Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:08 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:I'll admit, I've still only seen the first (middle) three movies from start to finish.  
However...

Darth Vader Rides Like A Harley! Twisted Evil
Buster & Molly Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:Gives a whole new meaning to the notion of corrupt law enforcement, doesn't it?
More like the most powerful law enforcement ever! Very Happy
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:01 pm

OMG! Huge Star Wars nerd, here.
Okay, so while I'm not versed on everything, I love the franchise.
Favorite Movie: Empire Strikes Back
Favorite Battle: Battle of Hoth
Favorite Faction: Republic/Empire
Favorite Soundtrack: Victory Celebration
Favorite Video Game: Battlefront 2 (2005)
Favorite Character: Luke Skywalker

Sorry for nerding out, but it's great to see a Star Wars thread. So Coyote, what's your favorites list? List of the films from best to worst?

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Oooh, goodie! Here we go! Very Happy

Favourite OT movie: definitely Empire Strikes Back;
Favourite prequel: Rogue One;
Favourite game: KotOR I-II;
Favourite Jedi: Obi "Hello There" Kenobi;
Favourite Sith: Kreia, a.k.a. Darth Traya;
Favourite Cartoon: Rebels, I guess? It got kinda predictable and boring by season 4, but the finale promises to be exciting again. Smile

I'm a SW fanatic myself, although the last movie really got me pissed. Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:41 pm

Awesome choices! Rogue One was an excellent film! That last scene? Smile

I don't think I've ever played KotOR, but I'm always hearing good things. Is that the one with Revan?
I saw you've been playing EaW. I play that one for the Space Battles mostly. I love building and commanding fleets. The ground battles are a little...out there...for my tastes, but that's where BFII comes in!

Obi-wan is such a great character! I loved his arcs during The Clone Wars series. Such a deep man. Balanced sadness, pride, and heroism perfectly.

My favorite cartoon is Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the 3d series. I've enjoyed Rebels in a random way. I like some episodes, others aren't really my cup of tea. But Season 4's finale does sound promising. Smile

And I agree on the Last Jedi. I miss the old Luke Skywalker. The rookie who'd go help his friends at the drop of a hat. Plus, the first battle was weak! Where are those B-Wings and Y-Wings, man?

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 am

Aye, Rogue One was like a breath of fresh air: a different look at the familiar galaxy and the conflict of the OT, from a perspective of the "dispensable" characters we'd usually only see dying in the background. Too bad Disney doesn't seem to share this sentiment as they apparently tried to make it more cheerful and kids friendly only month before the official release, like they weren't sure if the audience would like the new approach or not.

KotOR I storyline is basically all about Revan, but KotOR II (that has Kreia in it) is about you playing as a jedi outcast and a new student of Revan's disgraced teacher who left the Jedi Order after losing faith in its teachings. It's not your general Star Wars story, focusing more on elements such as search for truth and knowledge about the Force, themes of betrayal and redemption, questioning whether it's the sith who have the right idea, not the jedi... And it's positively awesome. You can even start your own alternative jedi/sith order, teaching people who join your party to use the Force. And as a master your choices will affect your students greatly. Very Happy

Oh and Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan is basically the saving grace of the prequel trilogy. Parts of the movies that follow his character's misadventures even most haters can watch and get plenty of enjoyment out of the process. Smile

The less I say about TLJ the better, honestly, cause every time I risk slipping into a long and anger-fueled rant. Very Happy What annoys me the most is that they killed all the potential TFA left behind it. None of the interesting plot threads from the previous movies lead anywhere, we never get any backstory about what the hell is going on, where the First Order came from, where did they get the resources, why did noone bother to check on them, when they retreated into the unknown reaches of the galaxy (which is basically the equivalent of the Allies leaving - say - Italy in the clutches of the Nazis back in 1945 and going "oh, they'll probably get over the whole getting over the world thing")... The script is just terrible and gives nothing to a fan, only pampering towards the lowest common denominator of viewers. "Here're amazing special effects and fantastic action! Be sure to come back for more in 2 years, even though we left you with nothing to look forward to story and character-wise!.." Mad
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down