The Official Season 20 Discussion Thread

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Official Season 20 Discussion Thread

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:56 pm

If that was Arthur and any female character sharing that longing gaze, people would be going batship crazy. Wink
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:07 am

It looks like they're using the same library that 9 Story was using, but somehow decided the outlines needed to be squigglier, I guess to look more akin to Marc Brown's illustrating style.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:05 am

I'm hoping they'll at least patch up a few of the more awkward 9 Story designs, such as Francine and Muffy's "perspective" facial views:

A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:25 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:I'm hoping they'll at least patch up a few of the more awkward 9 Story designs, such as Francine and Muffy's "perspective" facial views:

Not-cine and Not-ffy.
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:10 pm

By contrast, notice how much more harmonious (and adorable) her design is in this shot.  This is the monkey we want to happen.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:17 am

Honestly, I still can't figure out what exactly drives me crazy about the new design of Francine. I know her eyes are slanted/elongated and kind of positioned differently. Maybe that's it, along with the weird nose?

I am also crossing my fingers that Oasis will get rid of D.W.'s eyebrows. Prior to Season 16, she rarely was drawn with eyebrows. It really bugs me.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:50 pm

I think it's how squished-in her face is in the 9 Story design, and how her eyes are further inset.  Her front and full side views look great, but unfortunately, the perspective shot is the one we see most frequently.  Interestingly, I never really noticed the change in D.W.'s eyebrows, but now that you point it out, I can see how it also throws off her character a little.  I think it's because it detracts from her strange glare, which was one of the subtle things that made her seem all the more eccentric.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:01 pm

One of the things I noticed about the 9 Story facial designs is that some of them look to be poorly executed tracings of the original 1995 character model sheets. Here are Francine and Muffy's (and Arthur's) for example...

Compare 9 Story's Arthur to the design in the upper left:

It's like they imported the model sheets into Flash, drew over them with the line tool, added color and they were done. Lazy, lazy, lazy.
Roabe
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by _Glaceon_VI on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:34 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:

By contrast, notice how much more harmonious (and adorable) her design is in this shot.  This is the monkey we want to happen.
Me too, I wants Francine Chan to being so kawaii & beautiful like back to the old days before 9 story starts it & there's one of kawaii yet beautiful Francine Chan pictures:
_Glaceon_VI
ather imaginer
ather imaginer

Location : Francine Chan's bedroom full of ice cream. (ॢ◕ัڡ ◕ั ॢ)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:42 am

CMSAB11 wrote:How does one somehow manage to ride a bike without looking straight in front of them? I guess it's just the power of love. I love you

I was pretty much expecting this to happen with the animation. Instead of getting the plastic surgery Arthur desperately needs from injuries he incurred from 9 Story, Oasis took one look at him and said "yeah no, you just need a band-aid and you'll be all good!"

So what we're looking at now is a band-aid on the 9 Story animation.
Arthur + Buster munchin lunch no doubt.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:50 pm

Couple of things --

Here is the article that the Season 20 screenshot from PrettyCoolStairs's post comes from. It provides plot summaries for each of the eight episodes that will be premiering the week of October 10th, if anyone was interested.

The Arthur Twitter also posted a screenshot from Buster's Second Chance yesterday!

I imagine the staff will start posting clips from the episodes as October gets closer and closer.  bounce

Another thing - I may have found more future episode titles. I'm not sure how legitimate they are, or if they're from Season 20 or 21.

This the schedule for Arthur episodes airing in Russia. I think the order of the episodes in each season is mixed up, and they're missing a few that will be airing in October. This same list of episodes is also on IMDb, but I really think that at least some of the episode titles are wrong. They have a section for Season 20 and Season 21 (?) listed as Unknown.

The only episodes that can be confirmed here are Bunny Trouble, D.W. and the Beastly Birthday Party, and That's My Grandma/Bud's Knotty Problem. I noticed that they list an episode called "Sick as a Dog," but that's an episode in Season 1. I doubt the production staff would be lazy enough to recycle episode titles.

However, I do hope that some of these episodes are legitimate...for example, Slink's Special Talent and Take a Hike, Molly. We do need more episodes about the Tough Customers, and it makes sense for the production team to reserve at least some screen-time for them. I suppose we won't know for sure until after the premiere week in October, however long we'll have to wait to see the rest of Season 20.
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Just discovered a new screenshot!
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Very nice! I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new screenshot every few days from this point forward as we near the launch date.

Arthur + Suit = Sense.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:44 pm

CMSAB11 wrote:
Another thing - I may have found more future episode titles. I'm not sure how legitimate they are, or if they're from Season 20 or 21.

This the schedule for Arthur episodes airing in Russia. I think the order of the episodes in each season is mixed up, and they're missing a few that will be airing in October. This same list of episodes is also on IMDb, but I really think that at least some of the episode titles are wrong. They have a section for Season 20 and Season 21 (?) listed as Unknown.

The only episodes that can be confirmed here are Bunny Trouble, D.W. and the Beastly Birthday Party, and That's My Grandma/Bud's Knotty Problem. I noticed that they list an episode called "Sick as a Dog," but that's an episode in Season 1. I doubt the production staff would be lazy enough to recycle episode titles.

However, I do hope that some of these episodes are legitimate...for example, Slink's Special Talent and Take a Hike, Molly. We do need more episodes about the Tough Customers, and it makes sense for the production team to reserve at least some screen-time for them. I suppose we won't know for sure until after the premiere week in October, however long we'll have to wait to see the rest of Season 20.

Interesting find! Personally, I do not know the history of Arthur airing in Russia, so I can't really speak to the accuracy of that webpage. All we know for sure is that there will be a total of 14 episodes (assuming 7 from S20 and 7 from S21). Even then, we don't know how many of those will be 15-min or 30-min episodes. Some of those episodes listed on that webpage were pairs and some were not, which makes it complicated to figure out at this point if they are legit or not. One episode (Let's Make a Choice/Something About Edward) was supposedly already aired in January 2016...(wasn't the season still in production?? Not sure myself). I would also be disappointed if they recycled the plot from Sick as a Dog. Just throwing out some ideas, but it would be interesting if they were simply recreating the old episode with the new animation and voices. It would be strange, but at least PBS would be showing some of the good original Arthur stories for once Rolling Eyes

Regardless, I'm excited with all the new promos and daily videos from Arthur's social media accounts! Just a few more weeks until the 20th anniversary and season 20 premiere!
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:07 am

peein i wanna see em so bad.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:42 pm

CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:22 pm

Russian websites are usually sources for clickbait and hijacking your computer, so I wouldn't trust anything they say.

And IMDb, much like Wikipedia, TV Tropes, and other similar websites, are run mostly on user information, so for now, we can only take this information with a grain of salt. The indication for me that these may be phony is "Sick as Dog." Like Meg said, that's already a Season 1 episode, why reuse that title? Some of the titles sound made-up anyway. Who the hell is Edward? Ed Crosswire?

I think until KET adds reveals more titles on their schedule, and/or we see some information revealed on the Facebook or Twitter pages, or from an official source like WGBH or Greg, that we can assume these titles are fiction until proven fact.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:57 am

still peein.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:03 am

[deleted]

Last edited by 磁計算機騎士 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgy brown sludge on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:55 am

who is this Greg?
fudgy brown sludge
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Jack on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:58 pm

fudgy brown sludge wrote:who is this Greg?
Apricot Jack
Peachmonger
Peachmonger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:22 am

Greg Bailey? He's the director of Arthur.

And is it just me, or is the production staff being stingy with new screenshots and clips? There have been times where they've posted new clips almost a month before a premiere week! Evil or Very Mad

I have to wonder if it's because there are only seven episodes in Season 20...
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgy brown sludge on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:14 pm

ah i was unaware but thank you. :-) i don't watch the credits so i don't really know about the staff much but without them we wouldn't have this great show!
fudgy brown sludge
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:27 pm

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:
Personally, I do not know the history of Arthur airing in Russia
It seems like an ideal market for the series - here's another link: http://joe.pwcsite.com/jemrus/tv/rus-arthur.html
However, only the main characters are listed and many characters are missing, including Молли Макдональд, Дженна Морган, Мария Паппас, Слинк, Рэтлз, Надин Флумбергаст, Репти, Ладонна Компсон, Бад Компсон, Рубелла Диган, Джеймс Макдональд, Томми и Тимми Тибл, Мари Му Кау, Бионик Банни, Дарк Банни, Джодж Лундгрен, Пэйдж Турнер, Марина Датийо, Кэт Рид and Емили.
(totally not a way to demonstrate my phonetic Cyrillic skills)
ZeGermanArthurFan
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top