mike1
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: America is the Land of Shit

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:36 am

mike1 wrote:they;re kids Arthur D.W. Francine Molly George Francine
so were/are some of the members of this forum but even if we're adults we can still have headcanons about child characters. even if there are 910 years between me and the majority of the cast it doesn't stop me from posting about buster's instances of crossdressing or francine's preference for suits over pretty dresses.
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgy brown sludge on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 am

It's funny how people get mad at the idea of gay kids and then dream of all the same characters at the same young ages shipping off into a straight sunset. This is one reason why I have mostly left the fandom.
fudgy brown sludge
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:22 pm

fudgy brown sludge wrote:It's funny how people get mad at the idea of gay kids and then dream of all the same characters at the same young ages shipping off into a straight sunset. This is one reason why I have mostly left the fandom.
omg right?? i love how it's 2018 and children's shows have depicted lgbt relationships (marceline and bubblegum kissing on adventure time, gay dads on the loud house, etc) yet people are still going to attach sexual connotations to kiddy romances that involve kids of the same sex...
i especially love how anti-lgbt the arthur fandom is like you can seriously tell even if they act like they "tolerate" it. that's why most of the arthur ff.net community pisses me off...they post shit like this all the time

oh yeah. totally. fanfics that involve lgbt relationships must be on the same level as those that involve rape and explicit sex and require a "warning." people like this need to go fuck themselves.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:10 pm

CMSAB11 wrote:
fudgy brown sludge wrote:It's funny how people get mad at the idea of gay kids and then dream of all the same characters at the same young ages shipping off into a straight sunset. This is one reason why I have mostly left the fandom.
omg right?? i love how it's 2018 and children's shows have depicted lgbt relationships (marceline and bubblegum kissing on adventure time, gay dads on the loud house, etc) yet people are still going to attach sexual connotations to kiddy romances that involve kids of the same sex...
i especially love how anti-lgbt the arthur fandom is like you can seriously tell even if they act like they "tolerate" it. that's why most of the arthur ff.net community pisses me off...they post shit like this all the time

oh yeah. totally. fanfics that involve lgbt relationships must be on the same level as those that involve rape and explicit sex and require a "warning." people like this need to go fuck themselves.

I'm surprised there are some Arthur people like that. I thought that the show doesn't really match that kind of conservative climate. Where are they like that?
Sylvan Cascadian
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Sylvan Cascadian wrote:
CMSAB11 wrote:

I'm surprised there are some Arthur people like that. I thought that the show doesn't really match that kind of conservative climate. Where are they like that?
you'll find these types in the rank depths of fanfiction.net and deviantart. that's why i avoid them like the plague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:00 pm

That's yet another reason why these people are such a blight on the fandom.  Arthur is the product of a wonderful, progressive-minded author and I know for a fact that many of the folks involved in its production are also very open-minded and accepting, at least on human rights issues like these.

I suspect that part of the reason may stem from the fact that Arthur remains a relatively tame show on its surface, so a lot of overly-restrictive, sheltered types who were raised with strict conservative views have tagged it as being in the safe zone.

Anyway, the most I can hope is that some of these people will grow and become more accepting in time.  It's a change that comes from within of course, and the most we can do is try to reason with them when they show that sort of offensive attitude...

...or ban them, nuke their accounts and subject them to endless ridicule at the hands of angry ponies and poopmen from now unto eternity. Twisted Evil
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:40 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:
I suspect that part of the reason may stem from the fact that Arthur remains a relatively tame show on its surface, so a lot of overly-restrictive, sheltered types who were raised with strict conservative views have tagged it as being in the safe zone.

I think that kind of expands beyond their personal views. From what I know, those people also feel like they're gatekeepers of their fanbase and feel entitled for their personal preferences to be reflected on the show. This is evident in embarrassing events like the death threats to the directors of several superhero movies, the Rick and Morty debacle... The list goes on.

Sylvan Cascadian
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11