America is the Land of Shit

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: America is the Land of Shit

Post by WatteauMasterDetective on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Pfft. Just look at the English. Even that shows how incompetent they are...
WatteauMasterDetective
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:50 pm

It's almost enough to make me wonder if a basic literacy/education test should be required to vote.  Of course, it's a highly controversial proposition, but...
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:21 pm

So, Dictator Drumpf has now banned transgendered people from serving in the military.

What's next on his personal agenda? Segregating the country into whites only and coloreds only? Locking Jews up in concentration camps? Banning women from having personal careers? Re-establishing the draft board?

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:16 am

Well, so much for him being a "friend to the transgender community."  The sheer number of people who believed his shtick during campaign season is unbelievable.  We were just talking about this earlier (in real life), too.  

"After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military," Trump said in a series of tweets Wednesday morning. "Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail."

This entire line of thinking is regressive, prejudiced and completely illogical.  First off, I'm sure he consulted all of the officials who he either personally appointed because their beliefs fall in line with his, or only existing generals and "military experts" who he knew would agree with him.  Second, the argument that it'd be "disrupt(ive)" is exactly the same argument these dinosaurs kept putting forward to keep homosexuals from serving openly in past decades.  In fact, it's the same argument Segregationists used to keep classrooms and places of business racially segregated even earlier on.  It's basically saying that because some bigoted people might have a problem with working alongside blacks, gays, transgendered people, etc., it's justification to deny them fair treatment and make their situation in life many times less fair.  Even at that, the entire "disruptive" argument in a military context is almost entirely moot in this day and age.  That entire old school 1950s mindset exists largely in the minds of aging officers who are mostly about to retire.  A majority of service members, mainly from younger generations, just aren't going to care.  Even if they did, it doesn't outweigh the injustice of refusing someone the opportunity to serve their country and access certain benefits and perks that would have otherwise been available to them.

And regarding "medical costs," that makes the assumption that transgender people will be joining the military prior to (and with the intention of) going through gender-reassignment surgery while in the service.  What about transgender people who have already transitioned, or those who have no intention of transitioning fully until after their service is complete?  Whatever hormone therapy they might be on (if any) is of inconsequential medical cost.  Even if it did wind up being a significant expense, look at the sheer number of non-transgender service members who join the military for the insurance and medical benefits.  

Ironically, look at how mind-boggling the cost of insuring someone's spouse and children tends to be.  People who aren't even serving directly, but who are creating millions in healthcare costs.  I don't see anyone denying straight, married parents the privilege of serving and obtaining Tri-care for themselves and their families.  In fact, they tend to be the "gold standard" as far as those regressive conservative types are concerned.  If they're so concerned with cutting down "tremendous medical costs," these should be the people they deny enlistment to before anyone else.  

I could go on at this point, but I think most of us are on the same page with this one.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:19 pm

So it's come to this: Trump has launched his own quote-unquote "real news" program, and even made his daughter-in-law the anchor, because he says he's fed up with all the "fake news" the mainstream media keeps reporting about him.

Need we any further proof this being is a dictator, not a president?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:06 am

It also cracks me up how frequently the current administration tries to tout the slight decrease in unemployment to its credit.  

Unemployment (and the economy in general) have been slowly improving since 2010.  The actual rate hasn't really changed, and given the brief amount of time Trump has been in office, it's unlikely anything he's done (if anything at all) has had time to show its effects.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:36 am

^b4 trump

^aftr trump -_-
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:47 am

What happened in Charlottesville this past weekend is exactly why I'm presently embarrassed, humiliated, and disgusted to be an American. This just proves that not only is Trump himself a dictator, but that the Republican party is essentially a reich trying to take over the country: David Duke, former KKK leader, explicitly stated during the events that they were carrying out Trump's "promise" to white-wash America and completely take it back . . . then when Trump finally addressed the nation about the incident yesterday condemning racism and White Supremacy in the country, Duke got a mad-on.

And even still, throughout the entire ordeal, Trump is still being Trump: when giving his address yesterday, he had to start by bragging about all of the jobs he brought back to America (what jobs?), then he had to end his address by going back into campaign mode, all the while still whining and bitching about everybody reporting "fake news," and today even wishing death on CNN once again.

But you know something? I've recently come to realize something: I'm honestly starting to believe that Trump is autistic. Hear me out on this: I know that people on the autistic spectrum are different, and that a lot of them have the ability to control themselves and behave properly, but I know one autistic guy whose behavior is almost exactly like Trump's - he fights with everybody who disagrees with him, he attacks people for having different opinions, his attitude is completely immature and comes off as a spoiled brat, he always says he's right and everybody else is wrong, and he never changes or improves no matter how many times people call him out on his behavior . . . this is Trump to a tee; perhaps he's on the spectrum himself.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:But you know something? I've recently come to realize something: I'm honestly starting to believe that Trump is autistic. Hear me out on this: I know that people on the autistic spectrum are different, and that a lot of them have the ability to control themselves and behave properly, but I know one autistic guy whose behavior is almost exactly like Trump's - he fights with everybody who disagrees with him, he attacks people for having different opinions, his attitude is completely immature and comes off as a spoiled brat, he always says he's right and everybody else is wrong, and he never changes or improves no matter how many times people call him out on his behavior . . . this is Trump to a tee; perhaps he's on the spectrum himself.

fucken tard.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgy brown sludge on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:01 pm

I am autistic in small ways but not in this way.
fudgy brown sludge
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:09 pm

like goddanm b33ber >_<
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:59 am

As usual, I'm well overdue to post on an important topic like this, but that's actually a very good analysis regarding Trump being on the spectrum in a very bad sort of way.  Regarding the entire Charlottesville fiasco, it's completely sick logic to try to give moral equivalence to hatemongers/homophobes/racists and people who speak out against them.  It hits home here at the Slums, since we've encountered that problem within our own community on a few occasions.

Snowth Poogle wrote:never changes or improves no matter how many times people call him out on his behavior . . .

Gosh, sound like anyone else we know?
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Francine Frensky on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:00 am

A Lotta Moms wrote:As usual, I'm well overdue to post on an important topic like this, but that's actually a very good analysis regarding Trump being on the spectrum in a very bad sort of way.  Regarding the entire Charlottesville fiasco, it's completely sick logic to try to give moral equivalence to hatemongers/homophobes/racists and people who speak out against them.  It hits home here at the Slums, since we've encountered that problem within our own community on a few occasions.

Snowth Poogle wrote:never changes or improves no matter how many times people call him out on his behavior . . .

Psh, yeah. Sounds just like Buster. Do you know how many times I've told him not to wear his dirty, smelly socks on his ears?
Francine Frensky
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster Baxter on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:07 am

Francine Frensky wrote:
A Lotta Moms wrote:As usual, I'm well overdue to post on an important topic like this, but that's actually a very good analysis regarding Trump being on the spectrum in a very bad sort of way.  Regarding the entire Charlottesville fiasco, it's completely sick logic to try to give moral equivalence to hatemongers/homophobes/racists and people who speak out against them.  It hits home here at the Slums, since we've encountered that problem within our own community on a few occasions.

Psh, yeah.  Sounds just like Buster.  Do you know how many times I've told him not to wear his dirty, smelly socks on his ears?

*sigh* I just can't be myself without you bullying me for it, can I? What harm does wearing my socks on my ears do anyway? Huh? What if the smell attracts aliens from outer space? Then I'd be the one laughing because I'd be right about something...for once...
Buster Baxter
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:08 am

like goddam b33ber Evil or Very Mad
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:10 am

Buster Baxter wrote:
*sigh* I just can't be myself without you bullying me for it, can I? What harm does wearing my socks on my ears do anyway? Huh? What if the smell attracts aliens from outer space? Then I'd be the one laughing because I'd be right about something...for once...
Come on Buster, you discovered a comet. Don't forget that!
ZeGermanArthurFan
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Francine Frensky on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:11 am

Are you as impressed as I am of the durability of brick?
Francine Frensky
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster Baxter on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:22 am

ZeGermanArthurFan wrote:
Buster Baxter wrote:
Come on Buster, you discovered a comet. Don't forget that!

Hey, that's right! Maybe I'll discover a planet next. Then they'll name it Busternus, after me!
Buster Baxter
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Buster or Francine for President??? Hmm cast your vote
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffy Crosswire on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:Buster or Francine for President??? Hmm cast your vote

Muffy Crosswire
Little Miss Mod - Moderator
Little Miss Mod - Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Um no Buster and Francine would be "more for the poor" XD
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Muffy Crosswire wrote:
ArthurFrancineFan wrote:Buster or Francine for President??? Hmm cast your vote

CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:09 pm

ikr but Muffy pwn.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:12 pm

No nah uh. Muffy is for the rich lol
BustCine ftw they'd be a good force against a crosswire dictatorship.
Francine is the Bernie Sanders and Buster would wear the Hilary pant suit well XD XD
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:15 pm

On a brighter note New Zealand has finally gone left
"For the first time in Forever" XD yay we have a young female prime minister and a homosexual minister of finance. So many disgruntled fat cats calling people like me "Lazy fat welfare bludgers" oh and pot smokers? I've never tried it but its stereotyping and keyboard warriors
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top