Boy, I am DEDICATED!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boy, I am DEDICATED!

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:21 am

I cannot believe it's been an entire decade now that I've been protesting extended DST! An entire decade! I've always hated DST, especially as a kid: when school started back in August, and my parents used to send me to bed at 8:30, 9:00, 9:30 at night, and yet it'd still be daylight outside, that was always a miserable time . . . not to mention, I've always been a night owl, so I actually like it when it gets dark early (especially in December when it's dark by 6:00).

So when Dumb Dubya extended DST in 2007 for no reason other than to show another example of his stupidity (well, he claimed it was "to improve trade among other countries," even though said other countries thought it was stupid as well, and many countries in the world stopped observing DST years ago), I outright refused to go along with it, and for all these years, I've still sprung forward in mid-April and fallen back in late October. There was a time when my state (which has two timezones) actually threatened to make DST permanent, but luckily there was enough backlash that it never moved forward.

So, while the rest of you mindless sheep will be losing an hour of sleep tonight . . . I won't. Razz

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Boy, I am DEDICATED!

Post by Coyote_Mao on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:00 am

It's been a couple of years now since we here opted out of switching to daylight saving time. Good riddance, honestly. It causes nothing, but unnecessary confusion.
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:46 am

Just another reason why Europe is generally a better place to be these days.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:53 am

Ehh, not really when Wilders, LePenn, Orban and the Polish guys are stirring up trouble over here.
ZeGermanArthurFan
Ass of Jacks
Ass of Jacks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:23 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:Just another reason why Europe is generally a better place to be these days.
Y'know, the funny this is Bush said the reason for extended DST in the first place was "to improve trade with other countries," but you know what? The only other country that went along with it was Canada, and that was only because they really didn't have any other choice in the matter - they're like America's "little brother," so that pretty much have to go along with whatever lamebrain scheme like this comes up.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:The only other country that went along with it was Canada, and that was only because they really didn't have any other choice in the matter - they're like America's "little brother," so that pretty much have to go along with whatever lamebrain scheme like this comes up.
Ouch! Poor Canada... Although I'm almost sure Canada goes along with the DST thing mostly because a huge chunk of its territories is very close to the North Pole, so the difference in day and night length can be quite noticeable. Smile
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:00 am

Snowth Poogle wrote:Bush
fuck him.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:20 pm

It's funny when people complain about DST in the winter. They say something like "I hate that the sun sets at 4:30 in the afternoon. Daylight savings time sucks" without realizing that if we got rid of DST, the sun would still be setting at 4:30 in the winter.

But I agree, daylight saving time is unnecessarily pointless. It's always seemed weird to me that there is still daylight in the sky when it's almost 10pm.
Roabe
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top