ALL Episodes (through S19) on Amazon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALL Episodes (through S19) on Amazon

Post by MagicToolBox on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:45 pm

I remember thinking the other day how annoying it is that there is no legal way to stream older episodes of Arthur other than the occasional old episode they'll put on the PBS site.

At one time or another, Arthur has been available on all the major streaming services, but mostly just the newer seasons. Last time I checked, Hulu Plus' offerings of Arthur start at Season 7, and iTunes and YouTube (official paid uploads by PBS) start at Season 10, as did Amazon. A few years ago, Netflix had the first 10 episodes (20 segments) each of Seasons 1-3 and all episodes from 4-14, then Season 13 became the earliest season on offer, followed by Season 16 once that was added.

The other day, on a whim, I decided to check out Arthur and Amazon and was thrilled to discover that they have every single episode through Season 19, including all episodes from Seasons 1-3 (not just the first 10 like Netflix), and "Arthur's Perfect Christmas" and "Arthur: It's Only Rock and Roll"! These are all based on the current American PBS prints, so Season 1's title cards are read aloud and use the later version of the "A Word From Us Kids" music, and Seasons 12-15 are in 4:3 SD instead of the originally-produced and internationally-aired 16:9 HD.

All episodes can be streamed for free with a 7-day free trial of a PBS Kids streaming pass, which is $4.99 a month afterwards. Seasons 17 onwards can be streamed for free with an Amazon Prime account. Individually, episodes from Seasons 1-15 are $1.99 and ones from Seasons 16-19 are $2.99 since they're in HD. You can also buy entire seasons like on iTunes. Season 1 is $24.99, Seasons 2 and 16-19 are $19.99, and Seasons 3-15 are $14.99. The two specials are their own entities since they're considered movies; they can each be rented for 24 hours for $2.99 or purchased for $4.99. This seems to be the only legal way to stream pre-Season 7 episodes of Arthur for now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B01LYA20RR?ref_=aiv_dp_season_select

MagicToolBox
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ALL Episodes (through S19) on Amazon

Post by CMSAB11 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 pm

okay let me explain why i love amazon now. not only did they release all 19 seasons of arthur, they released the LOST EPISODES OF PFB which was basically 90% of season 2
BASICALLY SEASON 2 HAD BEEN MISSING FOR YEARS BEFORE AMAZON DID THIS
BLESS YOU AMAZON
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon May 08, 2017 12:34 am

Not everybody has Amazon (or Netflix) though; not to mention streaming services remove certain titles after X-amount of time . . . it's more practical if they'd just give us season sets on DVD.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top