Season 21

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Season 21

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Oh I remember that episode. Deadly tin cans....
Brain did have a lot if interesting info on how your body protects you by raising fever and body temp. DW was funny, she was just interested in getting her brothers bedroom if Arthur got a severe infection and died..

Yes the cardboard box looks dumpster sheek
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:11 pm

can we just all agree that brain fails at halloween?
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:52 am

Hey Snowthie.

Look at what the Arthur website has. Some recent episodes from the current season.

http://pbskids.org/arthur/video/index.html
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Heh. You know what I just noticed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Tales

Get the connection? Sounds familiar?
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgy brown sludge on Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:35 am

I was not fond of the special, it did not make sense to me and the truth of it kept changing like a wooden russian doll within a doll within a doll.
fudgy brown sludge
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:04 am

True bro
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMilanTooner on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeh, made it 17 minutes into Haunted Treehouse before I bailed on it during Halloween night. This just felt like a bunch of episodes thrown into one from what I was seeing. Though, compared to Beastly Birthday, the animation looked a bit better than that one; some nice atmosphere at times, though Christ, I cannot get over the poor timing/direction/stiff-as-a-board puppet animation.

It really sucks how two hour-long slots got stuck with mostly bland stories and equally awful scheduling/advertising (though credit's due to Haunted Treehouse getting significantly better advertising compared to the much worse Beastly Birthday). If these are a sign of how much PBS actually cares about the show now, then I am extremely worried if the show actually continues once this deal wraps up.
TheMilanTooner
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:29 pm

TheMilanTooner wrote:Eeeeeeeeeeh, made it 17 minutes into Haunted Treehouse before I bailed on it during Halloween night. This just felt like a bunch of episodes thrown into one from what I was seeing. Though, compared to Beastly Birthday, the animation looked a bit better than that one; some nice atmosphere at times, though Christ, I cannot get over the poor timing/direction/stiff-as-a-board puppet animation.

It really sucks how two hour-long slots got stuck with mostly bland stories and equally awful scheduling/advertising (though credit's due to Haunted Treehouse getting significantly better advertising compared to the much worse Beastly Birthday). If these are a sign of how much PBS actually cares about the show now, then I am extremely worried if the show actually continues once this deal wraps up.

it feels as if 'Beastly Birthday' and 'Haunted Treehouse' are soiling the names of the previous two specials, which actually contained visible investment on the part of the creative team to produce specials that felt bigger and more emotional than the show - the latter two 'specials', on the other hand, are just cheap marketing tactics demanded by PBS that clearly display the show's creative bankruptcy at its absolute nadir.

PBS, from what I've heard recently, is presumably contemplating cancelling Arthur altogether and replacing it with a new, far worse show, judging by their poor treatment of the show. It's a double-edged sword (similar to my potion dependency) - it would be great to finally see the show be laid to rest with some remaining dignity, but PBS are not likely to invest the extra effort to pull this off, so we'll most likely end with 'Pal, Kate, Carl and Ladonna's Excellent Adventure'.
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMilanTooner on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:41 pm

Jekyll Jekyll Hyde wrote:
TheMilanTooner wrote:Eeeeeeeeeeh, made it 17 minutes into Haunted Treehouse before I bailed on it during Halloween night. This just felt like a bunch of episodes thrown into one from what I was seeing. Though, compared to Beastly Birthday, the animation looked a bit better than that one; some nice atmosphere at times, though Christ, I cannot get over the poor timing/direction/stiff-as-a-board puppet animation.

it feels as if 'Beastly Birthday' and 'Haunted Treehouse' are soiling the names of the previous two specials, which actually contained visible investment on the part of the creative team to produce specials that felt bigger and more emotional than the show - the latter two 'specials', on the other hand, are just cheap marketing tactics demanded by PBS that clearly display the show's creative bankruptcy at its absolute nadir.

PBS, from what I've heard recently, is presumably contemplating cancelling Arthur altogether and replacing it with a new, far worse show, judging by their poor treatment of the show. It's a double-edged sword (similar to my potion dependency) - it would be great to finally see the show be laid to rest with some remaining dignity, but PBS are not likely to invest the extra effort to pull this off, so we'll most likely end with 'Pal, Kate, Carl and Ladonna's Excellent Adventure'.

HONESTLY. Especially when you consider their schedules.
Perfect Christmas was a grand prime-time special; the highest kind you could possibly score for an animated kids' show! An hour-long, musical, heartfelt mini-movie that felt like it gave all the characters we love the right kind of stories and screentime. The latest two just felt like "WE NEED A HALLOWEEN EPISODE AND SOME FANTASY SHIT OUR ADVERTISERS CAN WORK WITH. KIDS DON'T LIKE BORING, REAL STORIES, SO MAKE SURE THEY GET THEIR ATTENTION. GET TO IT."

Considering Thomas & Friends (which was plagued with even WORSE scheduling) is jumping ship for Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu for their next season (Big World, Big Adventures), I'd say it's probably a good thing. If your name isn't Wild Kratts, Splash and Bubbles, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, or a new show on the network, you're as good as dead on there.

Thinking about The Last Day and how much of a nice wrap-up that was (from what I heard) just makes these last two seasons and specials feel more and more tacked-on; ESPECIALLY with the promo leading up to the former! How the hell do you top a "Last Day of School" episode/special???
TheMilanTooner
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Jekyll Jekyll Hyde wrote:

Where's the proof?
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top