Season 21

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Season 21

Post by Muffy Crosswire on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Arthur might want to put his glasses on sooner or he might fall off the treehouse., how could he see looking out the treehouse the first time?

This one time he walked straight into the girls bathroom. How rude!
Muffy Crosswire
Little Miss Mod - Moderator
Little Miss Mod - Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:43 pm

Arthur is PBS' magnum opus alongside Sesame Street [since Mister Rogers' Neighborhood ended]. I don't it'll end (yet)...
ZeGermanArthurFan
King of France
King of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 am

When is the Halloween special/movie premiering?
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:25 pm

october 23rd, it kicks off the premiere of season 21 which goes from the 24th to the 26th.
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:38 pm

CMSAB11 wrote:october 23rd, it kicks off the premiere of season 21 which goes from the 24th to the 26th.

That's correct. The special premieres on Monday 10/23. It will repeat throughout the week at special times.

The exact schedule for the usual Arthur timeslot on PBS is as follows:
M 10/23-- 5:30 PM #1107 / 6:00 PM #1405
T 10/24-- 5:30 PM #2101 / 6:00 PM #2102 (The first time we've had two brand new eps in one day? yes? cheers )
W 10/25-- 5:30 PM Haunted Tree House Special
T 10/26-- 5:30 PM #2103 / 6:00 PM #2101
F 10/27-- 5:30 PM #2102 / 6:00 PM #2103

*As always, local schedules vary, and some might be on a 1-day delay or only air the show once per day.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:50 pm

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:
T 10/24-- 5:30 PM #2101 / 6:00 PM #2102 (The first time we've had two brand new eps in one day? yes? cheers )

i honestly thought that was a mistake on the wiki??? it might be legit??? wow that is a lot of arthur for one day
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:59 pm

PBS is really going all out on this one:Two premieres in a day, new 1-hour special, spooky-themed eps leading up to Halloween. Arthur overload that week for sure!
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 am

My PBS doesn't play ARTHUR at all anymore. Not at all. 5:30 and 6:00 has always been reserved for our own local programming.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:58 am

Arthur still airs on my PBS (NHPTV) at 2:00 PM.
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:My PBS doesn't play ARTHUR at all anymore. Not at all. 5:30 and 6:00 has always been reserved for our own local programming.

Station programmers seem to be pretty lazy in some instances. My PBS doesn't even air Sesame Street on their HD channel anymore in favor of midday crafting/cooking programming, and the 6 PM hour has always been devoted to the NewsHour, so I only get one episode of Arthur. (Which sucks because "Arthur's Lucky Pencil" is scheduled at 6 PM next month, and that one has not aired in 5 or 6 years........)

Anyway, that 2-minute preview clip of the special looked pretty decent if you ask me. It looks like they tired to stay true to the original "Halloween episode" Hic-or-treat from Season 11. I always thought Buster's Candy Boy get-up was hilarious. Ladonna is undoubtedly going to annoy me no matter what, but I'm hoping that she won't completely ruin the Arthur-Buster plot.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 am

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:
Snowth Poogle wrote:My PBS doesn't play ARTHUR at all anymore. Not at all. 5:30 and 6:00 has always been reserved for our own local programming.

Station programmers seem to be pretty lazy in some instances. My PBS doesn't even air Sesame Street on their HD channel anymore in favor of midday crafting/cooking programming, and the 6 PM hour has always been devoted to the NewsHour, so I only get one episode of Arthur. (Which sucks because "Arthur's Lucky Pencil" is scheduled at 6 PM next month, and that one has not aired in 5 or 6 years........)

Anyway, that 2-minute preview clip of the special looked pretty decent if you ask me. It looks like they tired to stay true to the original "Halloween episode" Hic-or-treat from Season 11. I always thought Buster's Candy Boy get-up was hilarious. Ladonna is undoubtedly going to annoy me no matter what, but I'm hoping that she won't completely ruin the Arthur-Buster plot.

Do you get the 24/7 PBS KIDS channel?
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Yes, my station has the PBS KIDS Channel as well. I suppose Sesame Street still appears there, but it's just strange not having a staple PBS series on the primary HD channel.

By the way, if Arthur is no longer on your PBS station, the new Season 21 eps and special will be shown on the 24/7 channel/livestream. And the "Family Night" primetime block will be Halloween-themed the following weekend including repeats of Arthur and the Haunted Tree House.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:00 pm

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:Yes, my station has the PBS KIDS Channel as well. I suppose Sesame Street still appears there, but it's just strange not having a staple PBS series on the primary HD channel.

By the way, if Arthur is no longer on your PBS station, the new Season 21 eps and special will be shown on the 24/7 channel/livestream. And the "Family Night" primetime block will be Halloween-themed the following weekend including repeats of Arthur and the Haunted Tree House.

Does Arthur show on there?
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:31 pm

WhoseLineFan wrote:
PrettyCoolStairs wrote:Yes, my station has the PBS KIDS Channel as well. I suppose Sesame Street still appears there, but it's just strange not having a staple PBS series on the primary HD channel.

Does Arthur show on there?

Yes. In fact, the schedule on PBS KIDS 24/7 is uniform across the U.S. Arthur is there every morning and weeknights.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm

found a promo for "arthur and the haunted treehouse" on WGBH's website......
http://video.wgbh.org/video/3004863195/
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:53 pm

will it be good
mike1
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMilanTooner on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:18 pm

Gotta love how they're not even advertising this as a "movie" this time around; I guess Beastly Birthday hurt their chances of pulling the whole "ONE-HOUR MOVIE" gimmick again.

Animation aside, this already looks way better than Beastly Birthday.
TheMilanTooner
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:04 am

TheMilanTooner wrote:Gotta love how they're not even advertising this as a "movie" this time around; I guess Beastly Birthday hurt their chances of pulling the whole "ONE-HOUR MOVIE" gimmick again.

Animation aside, this already looks way better than Beastly Birthday.

That's no achievement though. Beastly Birthday was a sloppy hybrid of D.W's Perfect Wish and D.W's Time Trouble padding beyond oblivion into a 1-hour dullfest set to awful animation.

The issue with Season 21 is the derivative and lazy nature of its revealed plotlines. They feel more like educational marketing vehicles mandated by PBS than actual stories conceived by the writers. The fact that the actual announcement for the season basically straight-up told us this exact issue with no qualms about it is not a good development or sign going forward. I feel I wrote a better Season 21 than the actual material we're getting, and that list was just a quick gag on the Episode Ideas thread. Even the episode about D.W humourously attempting to find a new hat for Bud has more plot than 'Brain and the Time Capsule' or 'Pal and the Big Itch'. 'On this Spot' probably even has more story content than the latter, and that episode was duller than the Senate scenes from the Phantom Menace stretched into a 2-hour montage.
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:35 pm

theyll get old dev p33ps back soon im hopin No
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:58 am

Here's a behind the scenes look at the Halloween special.

Can someone help me make out some of the faces in this? I can recognize Mr. Ratburn, Francine, Arthur, and Binky/David, but there's some others that I am not familiar with.
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 pm

I love videos like this! Looks like we have the voice actors for these characters: Arthur, Bud Compson, Ratburn, Binky/Dad/Bailey, DW, Buster and Francine. I actually like this current Arthur voice actor. It's not whiny or extremely high-pitched like others have been. I hope if we get a season 22, he sticks around.

I've never heard the story about Ratburn's voice selection. Interesting!
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:57 pm

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:I love videos like this! Looks like we have the voice actors for these characters: Arthur, Bud Compson, Ratburn, Binky/Dad/Bailey, DW, Buster and Francine. I actually like this current Arthur voice actor. It's not whiny or extremely high-pitched like others have been. I hope if we get a season 22, he sticks around.

But who are the other faces in the video?
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:06 pm

WhoseLineFan wrote:
PrettyCoolStairs wrote:I love videos like this! Looks like we have the voice actors for these characters: Arthur, Bud Compson, Ratburn, Binky/Dad/Bailey, DW, Buster and Francine. I actually like this current Arthur voice actor. It's not whiny or extremely high-pitched like others have been. I hope if we get a season 22, he sticks around.

There's only two others who I can see, at the beginning. I don't think they are voice actors as there are behind the controls. The voice of Ratburn mentions producer Carol Greenwald and it cuts to the woman we saw earlier. But I don't believe she is Carol.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseLineFan on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 am

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:
WhoseLineFan wrote:

There's only two others who I can see, at the beginning. I don't think they are voice actors as there are behind the controls. The voice of Ratburn mentions producer Carol Greenwald and it cuts to the woman we saw earlier. But I don't believe she is Carol.

I'm not talking about the control booth people.
WhoseLineFan
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm

i thought i was the only one in the fandom who thought he was a major improvement over the last few voice actors, really hoping he continues to voice arthur too. 

also in case anyone was unaware julie lemieux is the blonde woman in the video who was also interviewed, and she voices bud. it was a HUUUGE surprise to me, this whole time i had no idea lol. 

im really glad they finally interviewed daniel brochu, bruce dinsmore, arthur holden and jodie resther. it's rare to find any of the actors sitting down and discussing their roles like they did in this video...also, as others have mentioned, some of the commentary they had on their voices was pretty neat.
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top