Season 21

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Season 21

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:58 pm

Molly takes up hiking as a teen, goes missing then comes back...
Fanfic idea
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:07 am

i can't imagine what it's like in different countries waiting for arthur episodes to premiere. if i catch the special or any of the season 21 episodes on youtube (and believe me i'm checking every hour lol) i'll post them in the topic for our members that live outside the united shits states of america
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffy Crosswire on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:22 am

CMSAB11 wrote:i think binky is a pro wrestler. no idea what muffy is...maybe a maid?

Please, I was Alice!

*sigh* In the end I had be the version of her that already met the Cheshire Cat. Ow, my outfit is full of hair now.
Muffy Crosswire
Little Miss Mod - Moderator
Little Miss Mod - Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:43 pm

hey, it was a vaild guess if i hadn't seen what bailey looked like
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:41 pm

ok i found the haunted treehouse special, but nothing else yet... Sad
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Me too. Strange how it was posted 19 hours ago but I didn't find it earlier...
ZeGermanArthurFan
King of France
King of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:52 pm

the person that uploaded it also uploaded the beastly birthday special and the latter half of s20. if they can get their hands on the new episodes i suspect he'll upload them as well *crosses fingers*
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:17 pm

CMSAB11 wrote:i can't imagine what it's like in different countries waiting for arthur episodes to premiere. if i catch the special or any of the season 21 episodes on youtube (and believe me i'm checking every hour lol) i'll post them in the topic for our members that live outside the united shits states of america

Cool thank you Smile
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:22 pm

CMSAB11 wrote:ok i found the haunted treehouse special, but nothing else yet... Sad
So Ladonna has a more prominent role? :-(
Why hasn't she hitched her way back to Louisiana yet?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:50 pm

i don't mind ladonna i just wish they'd have more episodes focusing on francine or involving her more in the group, which i applauded this special for doing
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:07 pm

One of the things I liked about this special was a scene towards the end, with Arthur, Buster, Francine and Muffy discussing the events that took place that night. Even though it was short it was nice to have a scene with the "core four" characters.

More thoughts on the special forthcoming when I have the time and I'm at a computer.
Roabe
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:28 pm

I agree with Roabe and CMSAB since I always thought Arthur, Buster, Francine and Muffy were the main four and the stories would usually be told or reiterated by them. I'm glad to see Francine back with her best friends Arbus Wink
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Muffy Crosswire wrote:
CMSAB11 wrote:i think binky is a pro wrestler. no idea what muffy is...maybe a maid?

Please, I was Alice!

*sigh* In the end I had be the version of her that already met the Cheshire Cat. Ow,  my outfit is full of hair now.

You should've gone as Trump. You're rich, self entitled and Orange. Just saying Wink
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:42 pm

i'm looking forward to seeing francine and the soccer spy. i can really see some animosity between her and ladonna, they could have a serious personality clash.
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:21 pm

See? Because my PBS doesn't even play ARTHUR anymore, and because the PBS Kids 24-hour channel disappointed me, I had no idea Season 21 had started airing. And, sadly, I . . . really have no interest in checking Season 21 out either. Sad

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:27 pm

No I'm not that interested either IF its going to be rehashing the same old Soccer game Francine and Ladonna getting in the way because, the show needed a southern character? We get it Ladonna is good at soccer too.

At least the Halloween story has the core four together
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMilanTooner on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:10 am

Gonna find some time tomorrow to watch the full special, but I love how they forgot to edit out the "PART 1" read-out in this.
They just flat out do not CARE how these air, do they?
TheMilanTooner
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Nope no one cares about how shows are aired these days
Everything is free range
Has Arthur given up?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Eight-Three-One on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:05 pm

I think part of the problem seems to be that the national feed actually has two Arthur episodes scheduled per day, but a lot of member stations are only opting to air one of those two, which leads to a bunch of confusion.

Either way, I watched The Master Builders just now. My thoughts on that...

Spoiler:

This one was actually pretty good! I haven't really seen this show dabble into how the business world works, so it's pretty fresh and enjoyable for that reason. Both sides of the plot, despite running on a similar premise (characters want to get an ambitious project done, but are very strained for time), felt unique in their own ways.

First off, Buster's plot. He neglects to do work he was asked to do, and decides to take charge by building another birdhouse of his own. George's motivation did seem a bit forced at first, but when I got to thinking about it it actually does make sense that he'd be disappointed that he was given such simple work. I think they could have gone a bit farther in making him more sympathetic to the viewer though -- when something interests someone, of course they don't want to do the bare minimum. We've seen before that George loves building things and woodworking, so I totally get that he got carried away with the birdhouse.

Now, before I go to the closing, I'll talk about Francine's plot. I like how Ed tells them about problem solving -- a lot of companies actually do get in situations like this where they take on a project that's quite ambitious, possibly even too ambitious. Definitely reminds me of the engineering process, though I have to say...I was incredibly surprised to see them bring up 3D printers. Sheesh, as if the existence of smart phones weren't enough of a sign for how long this show has gone on for. Also, their depiction of 3D printing is quite clearly unrealistic; not that I expect realism to be prevelant in a PBS cartoon, but I really doubt you could realistically get 15 of those things done in one day. 3D printing is a pretty excruciatingly long process. And most consumer-grade printers wouldn't be good for printing birdhouses either, though I'm getting ahead of myself.

The one thing I think this episode did really well is the fact that both sides failed. That's an incredibly important aspect of life that I think a lot of children's shows, sometimes even Arthur itself, miss out on, and seeing them depict here is a pretty big deal in my opinion. I guess it isn't so much that this was a depiction of failure, but it's the fact that the characters did everything right and still failed what they were trying to accomplish; but what doubly works to me is that even though their own projects suffered, they come together and bring their lack of successes together to make something positive out of it.

As an aspiring engineer, I really liked this one. Definitely the best episode out of the season so far!
Mr. Eight-Three-One
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Eight-Three-One on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:04 pm

And finally the last episode of the batch, Francine and the Soccer Spy/Sue Ellen and the Last page.

Spoiler:

Francine and the Soccer Spy was...every bit as bad as everyone thought it would be. Ugh. Massive flanderization of Francine's sports-mindedness with little care for those around her. You knew exactly what would happen -- she'd see Ladonna hanging with the Mighty Mountain kid, get the wrong idea, yadda yadda. I have very little to say about this one, it was just bad all around. I liked the James Bond opening (I especially love how they replaced the blood crawling down with the red water balloon -- that was really clever), but the episode proper I could just do without. Come on guys, Francine doesn't have to be all sports all the time.

Sue Ellen and the Last Page...okay, believe it or not, I actually really liked this one. Some people may think the plot felt forced but I actually thought it was fairly realistic -- a lot of libraries really are on the threat of losing their funding to the Internet. Also, I love how we got call backs to not one, but TWO classic episodes -- first, Buster Baxter, Cat Saver in Sue Ellen's fantasy, then another nod to The Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club when Muffy was talking about how she used to be such a fan of that series. And I like how we found out Muffy's parents met there too. If there's one thing I have to complain about, Muffy's "dank meme" remix of Sue Ellen's speech felt really cringe-worthy. I don't know if this was the intention or not or if it was supposed to be funny, but...I dunno, I was rolling with it until they brought in the pixel sunglasses meme. Seriously, guys? You actually brought memes into ARTHUR? People have complained for years about bringing memes into cartoons (the typical production time of a cartoon episode is months at best; memes die in only a few weeks!), and you still went with it anyway? It really dated the episode before it even aired. Since it was a blink-and-you-miss it case and not really shoved in, I can forgive it a bit, but still, MEMES!? Come on guys.

Other than that, solid episode in my opinion.

Overall this season has had at least two pleasant surprises, so hopefully we'll get a few more surprises in the next four episodes. I'm kinda looking forward to it!
Mr. Eight-Three-One
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:39 pm

If there's one thing I have to complain about, Muffy's "dank meme" remix of Sue Ellen's speech felt really cringe-worthy. I don't know if this was the intention or not or if it was supposed to be funny, but...I dunno, I was rolling with it until they brought in the pixel sunglasses meme.
AY! They stole my idea!!!

From my Muffeh Memes thread.
Roabe
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:47 pm

I do like that meme though. XD
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan "The Brain" Powers on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:59 pm

How could they relegate me, Alan Powers, to a cameo appearance? I didn't speak a single line! Even Binky was given a more involved role than I. Binky, of all people! All of you fail to mention the clear truth that I, too, am a member of the so called "main group"! This is an outrage. I will not stand for this!

CMSAB11 wrote:brain what the hell kind of costume is the fucking 14th century, can you be any more of a dork
Please. My costume was and still is the scariest of all. Do I have to spell it out for you? The 14th century! As in, no hygiene, no movable type! No SCIENCE! A world where false beliefs were perpetuated and scientific advancements were considered forms of witchcraft! Do you realize what a barbaric time this was?

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:Wow! So much disapproval of the Brain! lol He's not my favorite either, anyways...
I don't need to be anyone's "favorite." I already have a low opinion of you all considering your poor attempt to ban me from the forum.
Alan "The Brain" Powers
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Please. My costume was and still is the scariest of all. Do I have to spell it out for you? The 14th century! As in, no hygiene, no movable type! No SCIENCE! A world where false beliefs were perpetuated and scientific advancements were considered forms of witchcraft! Do you realize what a barbaric time this was?
Sounds a lot like the 21st Century. In the US at least.
Roabe
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:11 pm

i'm pretty sure you got that cardboard box in the dump where arthur cut his knee lol
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top