SPOILER: Ms. Tingley Is More Capable Than Anybody Imagined:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SPOILER: Ms. Tingley Is More Capable Than Anybody Imagined:

Post by In_Correct on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:12 am

I have commented before on the administrative structure of Lakewood Elementary and also the age of the staff.  Mr. Haney seems to be younger than some of his employees even though his voice actor makes his personality much older and his voice actor is deceased. Mr. Haney seems to have gone to a school with Ratburn, Dave Read, and Bailey. I have concluded that it had to be a University. Also, that Paige Turner is the library administrator who seems slightly older than Nigel and yet they have danced together. Also, Rodentia seems younger than Nigel, who seems young himself. While Haney himself shows no sign of aging, they have aged Mr. Morris and Mrs. MacGrady. And ... Mrs. MacGrady is shown to be a similar age to Thora and Mrs. Tibble. Also that Mr. Glass is also friends with Thora which means they are all the same age.

Why am I concerned about their ages again? It goes to the second part of the administrative structure discussion:

Mr. Morris and Mrs. MacGrady have a very high level of authority at Lakewood Elementary.  Mr. Morris is capable of disciplining students. I always wondered if he is Vice Principal. Of course if he is the head of the Custodial Department, then that position does give him some authority with students.

I always suspected Mrs. MacGrady to have a dual hat position. In addition to managing the cafeteria, she also could be school counselor. She advises the students of problems, or the students go to her for problems ... much more than any other staff member. I never noticed any school counselor on The Arthur Show. They have a Nurse, ... Nurse Flynn, who by the way is closer in age to Mrs. Bryan, Mrs. Krasney, Becky, Mrs. Grimsled, Coach Bumpass, Mr. Marco, Miss Sweetwater, Ms. Fynk, ... But anyways there is a confirmed nurse and not a counselor.

So if Mr. Morris seems to be a Vice Principal, and Mrs. MacGrady seems to be a Counselor, then I would think they would take over the school if needed.

I had almost forgotten or underestimated Ms. Tingley because she was in very few episodes. Almost as few as Becky or Grimsled. In every episode Ms. Tingley was just a secretary. But at the same time it was hinted that Ms. Tingley secretly ran the school the entire time because of Mr. Haney's disorganization. He needed her help in "Arthur's TV Free Week" and then in the "Buster's Mail Delivery" episode it seems she makes the school rules. In "The Hall Minotaur" it is confirmed that she wrote the school rules. As secretary for the principal, she probably has the task of keeping the principal as organized as possible. Even so, I never expected for a secretary to rise as temporary principal and indeed run the entire school. It makes sense now, but I never realized how few episodes she appeared in.

And, she looks like a combination of Buster's mother and grandmother, except with no glasses and grey hair. She is still in excellent health and energy compared to Mr. Morris and Mrs. MacGrady.

Is Ms. Tingley going to become the official principal? And also I would like them to make Mr. Morris and Mrs. MacGrady officially the vice principal and counselor since they have been doing those jobs anyways.

Is there any specific time of year that Mr. Haney left? April 10? April 11?

Last edited by In_Correct on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

In_Correct
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SPOILER: Ms. Tingley Is More Capable Than Anybody Imagined:

Post by fudgy brown sludge on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:40 am

I am seeing that this is a very detailed layout and you know much about this schoolboard. I have always been thinking that Mr Ratburn was older but I would not trust myself because I am in truth not often right.
fudgy brown sludge
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:55 am

haneys dead now i think Crying or Very sad
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:40 pm

May Haney rest in peace, in a paradise where burgers do not, unlike the Arthur universe of the living, fall from the sky.

Could I also have broken the Horsemaster's reign on the recent post section of the Slums? Incredible!
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Doesn't Mr. Haney now work in a school in Tanzania or something?
ZeGermanArthurFan
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 pm

ZeGermanArthurFan wrote:Doesn't Mr. Haney now work in a school in Tanzania or something?
yeah that's what they said in "the hallway minotaur"...obv produced after his death because they had no intention of showing us the video conference he made to lakewood elementary or animating him at all
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Jekyll Jekyll Hyde wrote:May Haney rest in peace, in a paradise where burgers do not, unlike the Arthur universe of the living, fall from the sky.

Could I also have broken the Horsemaster's reign on the recent post section of the Slums? Incredible!
Looking back at this morning's Kerrybomb, I actually think you did! Quite an accomplishment, Mr. Hyde. Must've been the eyeball fuel in your morning spaghetti. Cool
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by In_Correct on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 pm

I must remember that this is Lakewood Elementary School and I don't think that Elementary Schools require vice principals.

But another reason why I wondered who would take over for Mr. Haney if needed, and noticing the administrative behaviours of Mr. Morris and Mrs. MacGrady (and the very few appearances of Ms. Tingley) is because another series "Whatever Happened To Robot Jones?" is set in Polyneaux Middle School which requires a vice principal. The series was barely on the air so there was no time to introduce a vice principal character. But it is possible they were not going to have a character be vice principal and instead there was a school employee Clancy Q. Sleepyjeans who is in a similar position as Mr. Morris. Clancy's title is Custodial Engineer according to episode Vacuum Friend. In another episode about truancy is when Principal Madman decided to go on Truancy Patrol by himself and asked Clancy to take over which sounds like Clancy is also the vice principal. The creator of Robot Jones series left before production of the truancy episode so it is also possible that if things had worked out, then the Robot Jones series would be different and perhaps a separate vice principal character would have been added. But Clancy always had some administrative, almost disciplinary responsibilities.

Mr. Morris's position also gave him this level of authority in episode "Binky Rules" because Mr. Morris was able to give Binky Barnes detention apparently without needing to ask Principal Haney. If they did not phase out Mr. Morris, it is possible that he would become Substitute Principal. Especially since Ms. Tingley did not appear often. But it makes much more sense since she was secretly running the school. ...

... and I completely forgot that Lakewood is not a Middle School.

Actually D.W.'s preschool almost resembles more of an elementary school compared to Lakewood.

In_Correct
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top