(Sigh) I Hate to Say This, But. . . .

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (Sigh) I Hate to Say This, But. . . .

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:57 am

see d0nna fisrt come out im like wtfs thisshit like some dumbass ch1k all HUH DURHPAROOP IM FROM DA S0UTH FURHURHUR but i seen few more em an i been liken her $hit caus she tryin best she can an tryin hard@p33ps be throwin handz an shit@her cause she care bout em+shes good friend so TBH im hopin they do more bout her rly i do Ladonna
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:59 pm

She's nice, that's true but she shouldn't replace the main characters.
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:40 am

Season 20 did have 'Ladonna's Like List', which expanded her character at least a little past simply being a Cajun rabbit, but her receiving more episodes than Francine and Brain felt uncalled for, particularly as both are well-established show veterans with more depth than many of the show's newer writers give them credit for (and when they do appear, they lack much of their earlier depth, for example, Francine in 'Soccer Spy' was mainly just a jerkish jock and Brain is a stock overachiever now instead of a more plausible/human overachieving (but also nerdy and athletic) character). It's fine if they focus on Ladonna, but does that much focus honestly need to be allocated to her?
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Dumpster Diver
Dumpster Diver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Yes exactly 
Brain is extremely egotistical and Francine is basically only a jock now. Where are the old characters with backgrounds and personality? OK Ladonna is nice and so forth but... 
Arthur Buster, Francine and Muffy are the core four and it'd being pretty much squashed
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:41 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:
Buster & Molly Lover wrote:Yes, There running out of ideals like with The Simpsons and South Park. Because the show's been on a number of years now. getting new characters like Marina...Which I like by the way. It's just What else are they going to have them do on the show? scratch geek
It's like we are thinking the sane thoughts dude!!!

Thanks!!! love that Arnold & Helga wink picture. Wink
Buster & Molly Lover
Ugly Buster
Ugly Buster

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Haha yeah. XD love the Arnold and Helga moments. 

Seriously though, Arthur is barely in the latest seasons. He stands around, cycles past or sits in class while another character or set of characters chime in and take over what was once a show about Arthur and his friends, not the surrounding characters, his friends then occasionally his best friends then him.
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:17 pm

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:
Seriously though, Arthur is barely in the latest seasons. He stands around, cycles past or sits in class while another character or set of characters chime in and take over what was once a show about Arthur and his friends, not the surrounding characters, his friends then occasionally his best friends then him.

I have to wonder what would have become of Arthur if the show had been renamed to 'Elwood City Kids' around season 13. They'd probably have made Arthur move away or written him out in some way or another (I would pay good money to watch an episode where Buster accidentally eats him and spends the rest of the episode in cartoonish hijinks attempting to rescue him before realizing that Arthur is best left in his stomach). It's plainly obvious that Arthur has remained in the show as long as he has simply because he's the titular character. Nowadays, most stories which actually feature Arthur (of the few that actually do remember his existence as a character and not a setpiece) use him as either a bland straight man or a jerk because they can't justify using Binky any more for some reason (isn't that the reason why Binky is in the show though? If Binky were not inherently a jerk at times, what character/nuance would be left of him?). They need to give Arthur some actual ambitions again - maybe emphasizing his dream of becoming a concert pianist in seasons 1-5 again (how long has it been since we've actually witnessed Arthur play the piano? A decade it is now?). Sometimes I wonder if the writers are deliberately neutralizing Arthur into a loaf of white bread with glasses for the sake of proving their contempt with writing him - I understand that Buster, Francine (oh wait...), Ladonna (as of season 21), etc. are more interesting to write for, but do we need Arthur to be so bland nowadays? Is there a reason for removing all of his former character traits on the part of the writers? But then again, we're discussing a creative team who would prefer to give us two poorly-written Pal and Kate episodes over redeeming Francine or Arthur, so can we accurately judge any of their motives?
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Dumpster Diver
Dumpster Diver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Its pretty much
Pal and Kates adventures around the house which is far fetched and boring as hell
LaDonna, Binky and some others fighting over wrestling and talkin Louisiana cuisine and jazz music. Even Francine's on Ladonna's bandwagon which I like since its pissing Muffy off. The core four are no more though Sad aside from the first episode of S 21
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffy Crosswire on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm

If Matt Damon rightfully picked me and called it Muffy we wouldn't have this problem of Arthur being a boring everyday kid!
Muffy Crosswire
Little Miss Mod - Moderator
Little Miss Mod - Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:38 pm

I still wonder if Catherine knows you tried to get Francine to ignore her in an attempt to butt in with their sister relationship? How does the older Frensky feel about that?
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:29 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:I still wonder if Catherine knows you tried to get Francine to ignore her in an attempt to butt in with their sister relationship? How does the older Frensky feel about that?

Presumably the feeling isn't particularly negative. Muffy and Catherine seem to have a closer mutual approval/liking of each other on the Slums than is ever implied on the show.
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Dumpster Diver
Dumpster Diver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Apparently so just like Muffy has a very heavy hatred for Brain on here LOL.
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top