Coming In Feburary, Molly Takes A Hike.

Go down

Coming In Feburary, Molly Takes A Hike.

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 am

A new episode about The Tough Customers where Molly takes the other three hiking in the woods and Molly is known for never saying "I'm Sorry" to people. Til, Slink has it on video camera of her saying it. I actually saw it on YouTube! bounce
Buster & Molly Lover
Buster's Wants To Go To Molly's House!

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming In Feburary, Molly Takes A Hike.

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:00 am

Dude, spoilers alert! Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 pm

I can't help myself. If I find a new episode that involves Molly. I'll share it with everyone on Here! Laughing
Buster & Molly Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:20 pm

I also caught this one on Youtube way back when it first leaked.  A+ episode, all around.  We haven't had this much proper Molly in years.  She was totally in character without it seeming like she was putting on a mollified post-TLTC charade.  So yes, I was most pleased.  I think there's a general concurrence here that we need more of her. I still wonder whatever happened with her clandestine friendship with Arthur that we saw develop in Makes Waves and Swims with the Fishes, or exactly what the situation is with her home life. There's just so much to explore and develop with her character, I really hope she's brought more to the forefront in future seasons.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:I also caught this one on Youtube way back when it first leaked.  A+ episode, all around.  We haven't had this much proper Molly in years.  She was totally in character without it seeming like she was putting on a mollified post-TLTC charade.  So yes, I was most pleased.  I think there's a general concurrence here that we need more of her.  I still wonder whatever happened with her clandestine friendship with Arthur that we saw develop in Makes Waves and Swims with the Fishes, or exactly what the situation is with her home life.  There's just so much to explore and develop with her character, I really hope she's brought more to the forefront in future seasons.

True. I really want to see a clandestine friendship with her and Buster. But that's just me. But your right, We really haven't seen her as a main character in a episode for a long while. I'm just glad It happening! I love you Molly
Buster & Molly Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Buster & Molly Lover wrote:True. I really want to see a clandestine friendship with her and Buster.

A Lotta Moms

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Well, now I have to go and see it... Can someone PM me a link maybe? Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:14 pm

I can't
mike1
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:20 am

So-o-o... I watched it and is it me, or did the Tough Customers act kind of out of character in this one? I dunno, guess I just miss the good old days when they were feared and posed a threat to the rest of the cast. :/
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:35 pm

This episode has finally been released on PBS. I agree -- a very decent episode. I'm always wary of episodes that don't include Arthur at all, but this serves as one that pulls it off well. It's fun to see the Tough Customers interacting with one another. It actually ties in nicely with "The Last Tough Customer" in how Molly was hesitant to apologize then too. The scene in the old ruins was well done. Sounds like they reused the background music from former spooky scenes in the show. I got the same vibe watching this scene.

Personally, I don't see this episode depicting them out of character. Sure, they weren't exactly aggressive or threatening...But I think throughout the Arthur series, the Tough Customers were supposed to show how bullies can be mean, but also lead very relatable lives besides being a bully.

By the way, the episode paired with this one (another Tough Customer ep: "Slink's Special Talent") was almost a complete flop in my view. It was nice to see more of Slink's life and even his home, but the plot seriously suffered. Do kids even know what a newspaper boy is nowadays?
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:10 am

I cant'
mike1
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:This episode has finally been released on PBS. I agree -- a very decent episode. I'm always wary of episodes that don't include Arthur at all, but this serves as one that pulls it off well. It's fun to see the Tough Customers interacting with one another. It actually ties in nicely with "The Last Tough Customer" in how Molly was hesitant to apologize then too. The scene in the old ruins was well done. Sounds like they reused the background music from former spooky scenes in the show. I got the same vibe watching this scene.

Personally, I don't see this episode depicting them out of character. Sure, they weren't exactly aggressive or threatening...But I think throughout the Arthur series, the Tough Customers were supposed to show how bullies can be mean, but also lead very relatable lives besides being a bully.

By the way, the episode paired with this one (another Tough Customer ep: "Slink's Special Talent") was almost a complete flop in my view. It was nice to see more of Slink's life and even his home, but the plot seriously suffered. Do kids even know what a newspaper boy is nowadays?

I know, kids these days are just reading the news on their Smartphones. No
Buster & Molly Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:17 pm

I actually kind of enjoyed 'Slink's Special Talent', although I do agree with PCS's assessment to an extent - it was a fun novelty watching Slink receive some actual narrative focus and to hear Michael Yarmush in a speaking role in the show for the first time in 17 years, but the plot felt kind of bareboned and could have delved far deeper than it was willing to. So close yet so far, I guess.
As for 'Take a Hike, Molly', the Consumers (notice that they've somehow reverted to being the Tough Customers again, hence the death of the CustomerConsumer gag) do behave in a more lighthearted manner than usual, but it ultimately operated to the episode's benefit and created one of the few genuinely compelling narratives that season 21 had to offer (in that it actually grappled with a plot that contained elements that were new to the show, including the denouement of Molly's character arc after its incredible conclusion in 'The Last Tough Customer'). It's also a pleasant surprise to note the writers finally referencing Binky's anaphylaxis - it's reassuring to knw that 'Binky Goes Nuts', as dreadful as that episode was, wasn't a completely wasted effort/relegated to a Very Special Retconned Episode by the show's continuity.

I admit to realizing the depressing fact that the above two episodes (alongside 'The Princess Problem') were the only episodes of Season 21 that at any point attained any memorability. Most of the remaining segments of the season tended to either fall into blandness (Arthur Takes a Stand, Brain and the Time Capsule), Ladonna fixation (Muffy Misses Out) or both (Francine and the Soccer Spy, which pretty much sits as the current nadir of Francine's character for myself due to its 'Ladonna complex' (glorifying Ladonna to a near-frustrating degree) and the disservice it played to the 21 years of prior Francine character development).
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down