Airing Grievances

Go down

Airing Grievances

Post by Fern Walters on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Hello. My name is Fern, for anyone who doesn't know. I just joined this site yesterday, figuring this would be a way for me to be a bit more social. I've made a few friends already, so I can tell a good number of people here are pretty friendly.

While I was browsing around, though, trying to make myself a bit more familiar with this place and figure out how it functions, I stumbled across a thread that really surprised me:

http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t1710-just-for-muffy-from-her-friend-fern

So wow... I didn't think anyone knew I existed outside of school, let alone talked about me, started threads on me, or sometimes held... less-than-positive opinions of me. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a bit hurt by a few things people said about me, or that I didn't maybe shed a tear or two, but it did give me a lot to mentally digest. After having a good, hard think to myself, I decided I'd like to address it all and clear the air a bit.

Francine and I have had our scrapes in the past, and I won't claim I'm totally innocent. The comic was a bad idea and I was dismayed to see it get out of hand. In my defense, I don't see how I could be entirely at fault there, since Francine was the one that made fun of me in the first place. I don't still hold it against her, though. We made up afterward, so don't get the idea that I still do. We both said and did things we shouldn't have.

I wouldn't have tried to get back at Muffy for a relatively harmless remark like that about my looks. I didn't think she was deliberately trying to insult me, and I wouldn't have done something as insane as cutting her hair. I wouldn't have the nerve even if I wanted to. She was just being Muffy, and she's my friend. I wouldn't be so cruel to her.

The remarks about me being "evil" and "devious" kind of stung. I mean, I'll admit that I've held a couple grudges at times, but I've always gotten over them once I've burnt off steam. I certainly don't mean to come across as rude, spiteful, jealous or passive-aggressive to anyone. I feel like I hardly ever say a word to anyone, but I suppose it's hard to see yourself through other people's eyes. Hearing people say things like this about you, though, especially people you know personally - It makes you think...

I guess in conclusion, I'm sorry if I've alienated anyone, especially my classmates. I feel bad if I have. I hope there are no hard feelings.
Fern Walters
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Airing Grievances

Post by mike1 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 pm

what?
mike1
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Fern Walters wrote:

The remarks about me being "evil" and "devious" kind of stung. I mean, I'll admit that I've held a couple grudges at times, but I've always gotten over them once I've burnt off steam. I certainly don't mean to come across as rude, spiteful, jealous or passive-aggressive to anyone. I feel like I hardly ever say a word to anyone, but I suppose it's hard to see yourself through other people's eyes. Hearing people say things like this about you, though, especially people you know personally - It makes you think...

To be fair on the users commenting there, it was more a matter of their interpretations of you. Considering that the Slums is known for its unique brand of offbeat humour, I'm fairly sure they weren't speaking in earnest (if you shift through several threads around here, we've played around with the gag of the Brain being evil, but we don't mean it in earnest either).

Considering this subject matter, I wonder if others' perception of you reminds you of your U Stink days. I wonder if that has changed at least a few of the other Elwood kids' views of you in some way...
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fern Walters on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Jekyll Jekyll Hyde wrote:To be fair on the users commenting there, it was more a matter of their interpretations of you. Considering that the Slums is known for its unique brand of offbeat humour, I'm fairly sure they weren't speaking in earnest (if you shift through several threads around here, we've played around with the gag of the Brain being evil, but we don't mean it in earnest either).

Considering this subject matter, I wonder if others' perception of you reminds you of your U Stink days. I wonder if that has changed at least a few of the other Elwood kids' views of you in some way...

Well that definitely makes me feel better. Brain's definitely not evil either. Somewhat egotistical, maybe, but not evil.

I'm not sure why it would have. That whole thing was draining. I mean, they let me into the band to do lead vocals and all, and our first performance went over well, but that one at the Backstreet Boys concert... that was awful to look back on. I was such a mouse up there on stage from being so nervous. I doubt anyone that knew me was surprised.
Fern Walters
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum