Why Do The Tough Customers Look Like Teenagers?

Go down

Why Do The Tough Customers Look Like Teenagers?

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:58 pm

Okay, Molly Binky Rattles Slink Are suppose to be 9 or 10 year olds. But they all look like there 15 or 16. I think It's because when your like 7, 8, or 9. A 11 or 12 year old kid looks more like a real big teenager. When I was in 4th Grade. All of the older kids were way bigger than I was. And when you finally grow up like 30 years old. All of the kids look more small than your average adult Size! lol!
Buster & Molly Lover
Buster's Wants To Go To Molly's House!

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Do The Tough Customers Look Like Teenagers?

Post by Coyote_Mao on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Buster & Molly Lover wrote:I think It's because when your like 7, 8, or 9. A 11 or 12 year old kid looks more like a real big teenager.
Hey, that's a really neat rationalization! Smile
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:11 pm

they are nine
mike1
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffy Crosswire on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:49 pm

Buster & Molly Lover wrote:Okay, Molly Binky Rattles Slink Are suppose to be 9 or 10 year olds. But they all look like there 15 or 16. I think It's because when your like 7, 8, or 9. A 11 or 12 year old kid looks more like a real big teenager. When I was in 4th Grade. All of the older kids were way bigger than I was. And when you finally grow up like 30 years old. All of the kids look more small than your average adult Size! lol!

We can't all become like me, a stunning model with great sense of fashion (I've TRIED to teach). Instead they can't help it but they become bigger and ugly so they take it out on the rest by being bullies.

mike1 wrote:they are nine

They are all 10 years old, but only Binky was mentioned.
Muffy Crosswire
Little Miss Mod - Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:51 pm

they are nine Arthur aren't nine
mike1
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:15 am

Isn't Rattles in the fifth grade (technically qualifying him as either 10 or 11)?

It's challenging to rationalize exactly why the Tough Customers appear as if they are teenagers. Yes, one could pose the argument that they only appear as such because of how Arthur and co. perceive them, but this is further rendered invalid whenever we see the Customers interacting with adults (in which they look identical to their typical appearances, suggesting that their unusually...mature attire isn't a product of perception). I guess there is no true answer. Unless some of them were simply held back from middle school, which seems to be the only likely explanation available (but then again, what is a Jekyllian potion addict doing discussing likelihood?).
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:10 pm

Jekyll Jekyll Hyde wrote:Isn't Rattles in the fifth grade (technically qualifying him as either 10 or 11)?

It's challenging to rationalize exactly why the Tough Customers appear as if they are teenagers. Yes, one could pose the argument that they only appear as such because of how Arthur and co. perceive them, but this is further rendered invalid whenever we see the Customers interacting with adults (in which they look identical to their typical appearances, suggesting that their unusually...mature attire isn't a product of perception). I guess there is no true answer. Unless some of them were simply held back from middle school, which seems to be the only likely explanation available (but then again, what is a Jekyllian potion addict doing discussing likelihood?).

Good Opinion! Surprised
Buster & Molly Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffy Crosswire on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:17 pm

mike1 wrote:they are nine Arthur aren't nine

So your saying Binky wrote down a fake age for the biking competition and that I as a friend wouldn't know?

Puh-lease.
Muffy Crosswire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:31 am

mike1 wrote:they are nine

Nah, I think there older then That. Razz
Buster & Molly Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:42 am

I'm pretty sure it's all a case of taking creative license to visually emphasize that the Tough Customers are older characters - or, older than Arthur and his friends. By making them taller, and act older, it helps distinguish them from the other kids, because otherwise, if they looked and acted more like the age they're supposed to be, I don't think that little kids watching would be able to discern that the characters are supposed to be older than Arthur and his friends.

Conversely, look at the episode where Vecita gets her big girl bed, and D.W. tells her about the time she got her own big girl bed . . . a whole year earlier. Despite the flashbacks taking place only a year earlier, D.W. and the Tibbles look drastically different than their present-day designs to emphasize they were younger: their ears are much smaller, D.W.'s hair is much shorter, the Tibbles' neckerchiefs look huge on them . . . but again, it was just the year before.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:44 am

Snowth Poogle wrote:I'm pretty sure it's all a case of taking creative license to visually emphasize that the Tough Customers are older characters - or, older than Arthur and his friends. By making them taller, and act older, it helps distinguish them from the other kids, because otherwise, if they looked and acted more like the age they're supposed to be, I don't think that little kids watching would be able to discern that the characters are supposed to be older than Arthur and his friends.

Conversely, look at the episode where Vecita gets her big girl bed, and D.W. tells her about the time she got her own big girl bed . . . a whole year earlier. Despite the flashbacks taking place only a year earlier, D.W. and the Tibbles look drastically different than their present-day designs to emphasize they were younger: their ears are much smaller, D.W.'s hair is much shorter, the Tibbles' neckerchiefs look huge on them . . . but again, it was just the year before.

Yeah, A lot of other cartoon shows are like that. Rolling Eyes
Buster & Molly Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down