Strange Dreams

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Strange Dreams

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:00 am

Snowth Poogle wrote:I never have normal dreams. Well, okay, maybe not never, but I seldom have normal dreams... most of my dreams are really trippy and often times borderline nightmarish... I don't mean to say that I have nightmare often, because I really don't, but by "borderline nightmarish" I mean that sometimes I'll have a dream of doing something mundane, but the feeling of the dream is really unpleasant, don't know why.

I know exactly what you mean about the borderline nightmares.  In fact, the most frightening dreams I've had have involved just that - watching something normal occur, or even hearing someone utter a common word or phrase that somehow sets the dream's reality off-kilter, as if it has some coded meaning.  It's like it transforms the atmosphere itself into a something threatening without introducing any sort of objectively frightening situation or imagery.  I'm much less likely to find dreams about things like monsters, being chased, being shot at, etc. to be frightening on the same level.    

Snowth Poogle wrote:Now then, I will admit, something wicked cool has been happening in my dreams within the last year or so: I've actually been able to experience actual senses in my dreams. So far, two different nights, I've experienced the sense of taste and the sense of touch in dreams; I really hope it'll happen again soon and maybe I can experience other senses as well.

I can't say I've ever experienced the sense of taste in my dreams, at least not very vividly.  I've had several dreams about eating, but I can't really ever distinctly recall what the food tasted like.  I can't really recall any dreams in which I've been able to smell, either.  I do frequently experience the sense of touch in my dreams, however, whether it's pain, being tickled, or just feeling the texture of objects.

GrebeGoddess wrote:To actually sense things in dreams is really cool. I once dreamed I was Vanessa Hudgens - I was laying in bed and Zac Efron knelt next to me and gave me a French kiss. I think that was the only time I experienced what my godmother later told me was called extrasensory perception.

I wonder if he was experiencing exactly the same thing.  Razz

Magnezonomon wrote:Yesterday, I fell asleep for a minute on my chair (literally 1 minute and literally with my head on the chair) and I had a vision-like dream where Mrs. MacGrady becomes the principal of a preschool.

I've also had short, spontaneous dreams like that when I close my eyes for just a few minutes.  It usually happens when I'm dead tired, and usually in the past when I've worked a boring desk job.  One of the more amusing instances involved me rapidly drifting off while sitting at my cubicle and suddenly experiencing myself floating past several chimneys and smokestacks amidst a heavy pink fog.  The funniest thing was that the vision hit me so quickly, it was like there was no transition between dreaming and wakefulness.  Fortunately, my boss at this particular job rarely made rounds to check up on us.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Well, last night I had my first ever Arthur dream.

It was brief, and it felt like it could actually be an episode of the show... but basically, all I remember Francine and Muffy were really jealous because Ladonna apparently hangs out with Arthur and Buster too much, and they feel she should hang out with more often (ya know, girls stick together, that kinda thing).

That's about it.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Looks like the Official Hate Ladonna Compson Thread is seeping into our subconscious minds (not to mention our forum games).  I've found that the frequency of my Arthur dreams increases dramatically when I go through phases where I stream the series constantly as background ambience.  Elwood City is, after all, such a happier alternative to real life...

Molly seems to be the most frequent visitor in my Arthur dreams, though I've also encountered Francine, Muffy, Buster, Arthur and Binky on occasion.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Heh, I don't know.

Interestingly enough, I find that when it comes to show, movies, and characters and such seeping into my dreams, I probably have dreams involving HOGAN'S HEROES more than anything.

It's strange because believe it or not, I actually used to despise HOGAN'S HEROES; I always prefered M*A*S*H (and still do, I find it to be superior of the two shows), so whenever I saw HOGAN'S HEROES, and saw what a silly/fluffy/oddball show it was, I found it insulting to my intelligence. I used to hate-watch HOGAN'S HEROES, but the more I did that, the more the show grew on me, and I found that like M*A*S*H, it's really only the earlier seasons that were over-the-top broad and silly, the humor grew a little more intelligent and sophisticated as the show progressed... now it's one of my favorites.

Back in the days when I hated the show, my dreams usually involved me being held hostage down in the tunnels, with usually Hogan and Newkirk giving me the third degree about hating the show (no fooling), but more often than not now, my dreams usually involve me actually being a part of Hogan's team. I don't even ever know what my postition in his team is, I just usually find myself assisting Kinch (or Baker) with something... probably because I wear the same hat (but then again, so does Radar O'Reilly, so yeah).

Curiously enough, I'm surprised that I rarely, rarely ever have dreams of the Muppets, even though they're like the biggest foundation of my life, lol. I occasionally have kinky dreams about The Chipettes, usually Jeanette.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:33 pm

I have to wonder if the lack of Muppet dreams was due to the fact that you were so pleased and comfortable with the series, so it didn't really create any dissonance or uncomfortable feelings that had to be dealt with subconsciously in the realm of symbolic expression.  By contrast, perhaps your initial dislike and growing appreciation for Hogan's Heroes, being a case of mixed feelings towards the show, created a need to be dealt with in your dreams.  

Of course, it really depends on which theory of dream analysis one most agrees with.  Some would say that dreams are mostly random and meaningless, though I've found that my dreams generally reflect issues in my life most of the time in some way or another.

Last edited by A Lotta Moms on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by GrebeGoddess on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Sigh. It happened again.

In the middle of last night, I woke up frantic from a dream in which a large number of ants were crawling in my bed and on the wall next to it. I woke up shouting "OH MY GOSH!" My new roommate and I walked out in the hall at the same time and she asked me what's wrong. I tell her the dream I had. And she said "okay." Then I go back to sleep. Awkward, right?

These scary bug dreams, ants or non-ants, happen almost every time my environment changes. Since freshman year of college, I have had six of these, including last night. Funny thing is, even while I'm awake after these dreams I feel like I'm still in light subconsciousness - not fully awake.
-First (and worst) one I had was after I moved into the dorms my freshman year; I woke up screaming, jumping out of bed, and running out of the room almost locking myself out. It woke up my roommate.
-Second one was after my roommate moved out earlier than me; I was taking a nap, and strangely enough I woke up calm (still not fully awake) but I remember walking out of my room, knocking on the door of the floor-mate next to me, and asking him if he's seen any bugs. He said no. I said okay, went back in my room, and fell back asleep.
-Third one was when I was staying at my cousin's house for the summer after. I don't remember if I just woke up, gasped, and fell back asleep, or if I woke up, rushed to the bathroom for "safety," slowly opened the door, saw and heard nothing, and fell back asleep.
-Fourth one was after I moved into my sophomore year apartment. I must've been really tired that night, because I woke up for only a few seconds before falling back to sleep.
-Fifth one was in my junior year (last year) after I moved into my apartment and similar to last night's one, only I was calmer and the roommate assured me that everything was fine and to go back to sleep (though she did seem like a mix of surprised and slightly annoyed).
GrebeGoddess
The Murder Clown
The Murder Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:15 am

man thats wild
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:34 pm

GrebeGoddess wrote:Sigh. It happened again.

In the middle of last night, I woke up frantic from a dream in which a large number of ants were crawling in my bed and on the wall next to it. I woke up shouting "OH MY GOSH!" My new roommate and I walked out in the hall at the same time and she asked me what's wrong. I tell her the dream I had. And she said "okay." Then I go back to sleep. Awkward, right?

Razz
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by GrebeGoddess on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:11 pm

^Yep, this is exactly how I reacted.
GrebeGoddess
The Murder Clown
The Murder Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:18 pm

Given the Jodie Resther connection, I just couldn't resist.  Razz
Plus the fact that the cue music sounds unintentionally like something out of a nightmare sequence...
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu May 28, 2015 12:51 pm

I actually had another Arthur-related dream last night. Well, actually, it was specifically a Maria dream, which is a first. I don't remember any of the details of the dream at all, I think "Maria Speaks" must have seeped into my subconscience, because I think the dream pretty much involved Maria and her stutter . . . which is odd, considering I still haven't seen "Maria Speaks", nor do I know the extent of the nature of her stutter (is she like that public defender from MY COUSIN VINNY, or does she get stuck on certain words like a broken record, or does she have trouble getting an occasional word out). I think D.W. was in there somewhere, but just mostly Maria.

But in general, I'm going through another one of those spells where I have odd dreams and such, but I believe that last night among the dreams I had, I think another movie actually came to me in one of them . . . I seem to recall the plot was like a combination of the novel/movie A LITTLE PRINCESS (the 90s version, not the Shirley Temple original) and the novel/mini-series REBECCA.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:38 am

Arthur Dream #3 (I think) was last night. r33na took up a pet sitting job kinda like Arthur's Pet Business, and wouldn't you know someone's little kitten managed to go missing. Kinda hard to find something you can't even see it. Sad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 pm

haha lol
The little princess, oh yeah the 1995 version...
Arthur pops up in my dreams alot. Hes usually a kid but I did like the Molly dream of us hanging out. She gave off a Donna from that 70s show type of vibe!!!
I do like when cartoons appear in dreams and usually when one does, I know its a dream which is what I hate!!

Most of my dreams revolve around me looking for a soft serve ice cream machine so i can eat as much of it as I can, seriously I jump behind the ice cream counter or the all you can eat buffet in my dream there is always ice cream and i go straight for the ice cream machine, i hog it, or i just jump in with fake money and pay them since its a dream and just grab as much as I can, it is pure bliss
so yes my mission in my dreams as of lately has been about getting to a soft serve machine by any means but I will settle for an ice cream, a large sundae with everything on it including fudge, cream, the works. I often start to wake up before i can eat it and it pisses me off.
I think "IF i stuff myself with soft serve ice cream or sundaes in my dream, i wont get fat IRL" So i just go for it and pile up Very Happy Very Happy
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by PaigeTurner on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 am

PaigeTurner
Peachmonger
Peachmonger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:48 am

had some them.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:05 pm

So I had this dream where I was talking to this person with no legs and they told me they got married and I was like “okay” so suddenly I’m in this apartment and I’m upset and I’m setting this table for dinner and I’m murmuring things to myself and then Lotta pops in looking frustrated so he goes to the bathroom to shave his chest then he comes out then he’s magically on the steps to the basement and he’s like “it’s okay, come here” then he points to the steps and I go to sit on the steps then I woke up ?? confused

The part I'm still confused about: invertebrates have chest hair?? Question Question
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:44 pm

i once went to bed after a 6 hr shift on no sleep and i dreamed that i was at work THE ENTIRE TIME. i would wake up, go back to sleep, and boom im wearing a hat giving people hazelnut lattes.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:32 am

Haha, I dream about work sometimes too...can't escape it, even in our dreams.
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:52 am

las nite i dream im drivin down fwy@80 then therese guy in car lookin all tommy so im like wtf tommy? then he aint there so im like whaetver.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:56 am

Who's Tommy?

Last edited by CMSAB11 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:00 am

ex bf from few yrs go.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:01 am

I bet he was a thug.
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:10 am

pry much.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:26 am

I have a lot of strange dreams all the time, man dreams are weird, But Cool! Cool
Buster & Molly Lover
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top