Arthur episode recaps!

Go down

Arthur episode recaps!

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:41 pm

The Cherry Tree

It's Muffy's party, and there's something that she really wants which is a dream bouncy castle. The bad news is, a cherry tree is being chopped down and the castle is replacing it.

So she realizes that there’s something better instead of a bouncy castle which is... planting cherry trees!

Moral of the story: Trees are important and appreciate the value of them.


Last edited by MikaelaArsenault on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

Posts : 1256
Join date : 2015-05-06
Age : 19
Location : New Hampshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur episode recaps!

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:07 am

The statistics are accurate, but remember that a 'review' is less an episode description/summary and more an opinionated analysis on an entity, which creates a dissonance between the thread title and opening post. No need to apologize (it's an understandable error), but I should note that if summaries are the intent, 'Episode Recaps' may be a preferred title.


However, I definitely appreciate the creation of a location to review episodes of the show, considering its disappointing dearth of analysts online despite prestigiously lying behind only The Simpsons in terms of run length. I myself was back-and-forth for a while on creating a watch 'em all blog (a la 'Me Blog Write Good') to accurately analyze the show's downfall into its current soulless state, but ultimately the overt potion binging incapacitated me for a few months before I began the review of Arthur's Eyes. But hey, who knows if I may restart it someday?
avatar
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

Posts : 487
Join date : 2015-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur episode recaps!

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:13 am

Jekyll Jekyll Hyde wrote:The statistics are accurate, but remember that a 'review' is less an episode description/summary and more an opinionated analysis on an entity, which creates a dissonance between the thread title and opening post. No need to apologize (it's an understandable error), but I should note that if summaries are the intent, 'Episode Recaps' may be a preferred title.


However, I definitely appreciate the creation of a location to review episodes of the show, considering its disappointing dearth of analysts online despite prestigiously lying behind only The Simpsons in terms of run length. I myself was back-and-forth for a while on creating a watch 'em all blog (a la 'Me Blog Write Good') to accurately analyze the show's downfall into its current soulless state, but ultimately the overt potion binging incapacitated me for a few months before I began the review of Arthur's Eyes. But hey, who knows if I may restart it someday?

I changed it to episode recaps. And where is your review of Arthur's Eyes?
avatar
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

Posts : 1256
Join date : 2015-05-06
Age : 19
Location : New Hampshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur episode recaps!

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:23 am

MikaelaArsenault wrote:
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde wrote:The statistics are accurate, but remember that a 'review' is less an episode description/summary and more an opinionated analysis on an entity, which creates a dissonance between the thread title and opening post. No need to apologize (it's an understandable error), but I should note that if summaries are the intent, 'Episode Recaps' may be a preferred title.


However, I definitely appreciate the creation of a location to review episodes of the show, considering its disappointing dearth of analysts online despite prestigiously lying behind only The Simpsons in terms of run length. I myself was back-and-forth for a while on creating a watch 'em all blog (a la 'Me Blog Write Good') to accurately analyze the show's downfall into its current soulless state, but ultimately the overt potion binging incapacitated me for a few months before I began the review of Arthur's Eyes. But hey, who knows if I may restart it someday?

I changed it to episode recaps. And where is your review of Arthur's Eyes?
Never began it, ultimately. While I am once again seriously considering channeling my inner potion-induced insanity into finally writing it up, my laconic thoughts are that it is generally a good episode despite its plot often falling into overly simplistic (almost to the detriment of the narrative's flow at times, although it's a more significant and damaging issue in Arthur's Lost Dog) territory at times.
avatar
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

Posts : 487
Join date : 2015-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur episode recaps!

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:18 am

Jekyll Jekyll Hyde wrote:
MikaelaArsenault wrote:
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde wrote:The statistics are accurate, but remember that a 'review' is less an episode description/summary and more an opinionated analysis on an entity, which creates a dissonance between the thread title and opening post. No need to apologize (it's an understandable error), but I should note that if summaries are the intent, 'Episode Recaps' may be a preferred title.


However, I definitely appreciate the creation of a location to review episodes of the show, considering its disappointing dearth of analysts online despite prestigiously lying behind only The Simpsons in terms of run length. I myself was back-and-forth for a while on creating a watch 'em all blog (a la 'Me Blog Write Good') to accurately analyze the show's downfall into its current soulless state, but ultimately the overt potion binging incapacitated me for a few months before I began the review of Arthur's Eyes. But hey, who knows if I may restart it someday?

I changed it to episode recaps. And where is your review of Arthur's Eyes?
Never began it, ultimately. While I am once again seriously considering channeling my inner potion-induced insanity into finally writing it up, my laconic thoughts are that it is generally a good episode despite its plot often falling into overly simplistic (almost to the detriment of the narrative's flow at times, although it's a more significant and damaging issue in Arthur's Lost Dog) territory at times.

Do the episode with your namesake song!
avatar
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

Posts : 1256
Join date : 2015-05-06
Age : 19
Location : New Hampshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur episode recaps!

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:50 am

Referring to "Arthur's Almost Live Not Real Music Festival", it's obviously (considering my 'guest' appearance in the form of my eccentric alter ego) my favourite episode of the entire series, largely due to its successfully experimental format (how many educational TV shows have pulled off this type of structural shift before or since?), which I personally believe best exemplifies the true strengths and unique qualities of Arthur in its formative years (to boot, the episode also features other strengths of the Fallon era, such as strong characterization/cast chemistry ("there are so many things to baaaaaake!" "I want some ice cream!"), sharply written dialogue, well-timed humour ("being crushed by a giant pterodactyl!") and amazing soundtrack, particularly the blindingly obvious). If I had any complaints, the use of stock footage can be slightly overbearing, but it does contribute well to the episode's charming 'late-'90s-MTV-emulation' aesthetic.


In general, seasons 1-4 (particularly season 3) are all among the best animated TV of all time, and richly deserve to be reviewed and analyzed. Once one advances past season 7 or so... maybe not so much. Honestly, if I were to kickstart my proposed blog and carry it to its endpoint, I would be hard pressed to consider enough material on vacuums such as "On This Spot" and "Arthur Takes a Stand". Now "Paradise Lost" on the other hand... I find the prospect of ripping into that turd a little more satisfying than I should.
avatar
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

Posts : 487
Join date : 2015-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur episode recaps!

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:24 pm

I might do reviews at a later time.
avatar
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

Posts : 1256
Join date : 2015-05-06
Age : 19
Location : New Hampshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur episode recaps!

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:47 pm

And even the closing credits confirms this.
avatar
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

Posts : 1256
Join date : 2015-05-06
Age : 19
Location : New Hampshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur episode recaps!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum