Francine Frensky: Lesbian.

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Francine Frensky: Lesbian.

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:43 am

Lol, I'll admit, I know a lot of people hate reading YouTube comments because of all idiots and trolls out there, but I actually enjoy reading YT comments for that very reason, sometimes the comments can be more amusing and entertaining than the video itself! Anyshoe, watching Francine's performance of, "You Can Fly If You Try," and in regards to her wearing a suit, there's more than a few comments from people who are like, "Why is she wearing that?" "Who picked that out for her?" Oh how sweet and heartbreakingly naive, lol!

EDIT: I think this is the first time I've ever been Ziffeled here!

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:44 am

Someday, the world will understand. Someday...
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:31 pm

I gotta say, I wonder how long it must have actually taken them to regrow their hair to their original length. Francine's would take at least 6 months. Muffy is looking at closer to 2 years. Not to mention she lops off most of her hair again in "Don't Ask Muffy"...

Roabe
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:50 pm

they m|_|nchin b0x i bet.  u light up sis?
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:05 pm

It always cracks me up how so many things just automatically reset themselves with the next episode, regardless of how extreme.  Sort of like Kenny being inexplicably resurrected despite meeting a horrible death at the end of every South Park episode.  

Also, notice just how horribly off-design Molly's face is in that side-view...Shocked
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Almost all cartoons are like that. Like on COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG, Eustace is always getting killed, eaten, beaten, zapped, melted, or something, and yet he's back to life in the next episode.

Like TV Tropes says, Status Quo is God. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:30 pm

That's probably a large part of why I love running my complete Arthur series playlist in the background all day.  It helps me forget that I live in the real world where things like rent, bills and work have to happen a certain way, or there will be actual consequences that won't automatically be reverted when I wake up the next morning.  Little things like starvation and homelessness, for instance.  Wink
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:34 pm

My guess is that Muffy was wearing a wig in that "Don't Ask Muffy" shot. She just couldn't bear to cut off her flowing red locks a second time...
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:38 am

munchin b0x no dout
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenskyStar on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:06 pm

You know, guys, I'm very surprised that you guys haven't yet mentioned Muffy's New Best Friend. It mean, it's a great episode as far as Muffine is concerned.

I mean, at the beginning, Francine is going very, very quickly to visit Muffy, so quickly that the ice cream Buster and Arthur are having.

A lot of the episode is really Muffy, though. I mean, she can't stop talking about Francine while hanging out with Binky, sets up the award show party just for Francine, and ends up running around in her clothes towards the end and looking for her at the soccer field. Then Francine was evidently acting the same way without the clothes, missing Muffy, and she's very uncharacteristically shy at the 10:43 mark.

11:08 and the subsequent moments are also just plain adorable.

Oh yeah, and remember Arthur's Perfect Christmas, where Muffy sang that entire song about missing Francine, wanting someone to share her gifts with?

I don't think that Muffy would be as opposed to being romantically involved with Francine as we think she would be. I mean, there's definitely evidence to the contrary, but it isn't impossible.

(My first post on this forum, and it's here...)
FrenskyStar
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:42 pm

All good points - and what a perfect place for your very first post!

The matching outfits scene at 11:08 was one of their cutest moments, especially when they touch their noses and foreheads together while giggling.  Even for "best friends forever," that was pretty heartwarmingly intimate. I love you  
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenskyStar on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:04 pm

It really was. They have lots of pretty awesome moments, though! Muffy Gets Mature was rich not in the intimacy factor, but instead Frankie was trying to act all tough and cold towards Muffy, but according to Catherine, she was sulking around all week. The thought of Francine just sitting around, dejected but trying hard to hide it, and eating ice cream while just thinking about Muffy is a pretty fun thought.

Wow, what a warm welcome!
FrenskyStar
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:13 pm

That's precisely why Francine is one of my favorite characters.  Her emotional complexity is very realistic in terms of how she tries to express and come to terms with her feelings.  She felt so dejected in Muffy Gets Mature (great episode for just too many reasons) precisely because she cared so much about their friendship and felt that it was starting to get derailed.  

I'm also reminded of how curiously jealous and upset she was during It's Only Rock n' Roll when Muffy became so infatuated with Nick Carter.  Specifically during the intro, trying repeatedly to make Muffy snap out of it...

A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Believe or not, I recently launched a HoYay section for ARTHUR over at TV Tropes, and I listed "Muffy's New Best Friend" for Muffine  (great ship name, btw!); I mean, really, Muffy falls into an almost jealous rage over Francine hanging out with Jenna, she's acting like someone who sees their significant other mingling with another person as a threat. And true, when Binky somehow manages to meet Muffy's high standard, he even points out that all Muffy has been doing is talk about Francine... that is also very much like love-struck individuals who just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about their significant others.

You know, come to think of it, I always saw any kind of progression in any kind of romantic relationship between Francine and Muffy as being virtually one-sided, in that Muffy wouldn't return Francine's feelings, while Francine continues to fawn from afar... but I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I get the feeling maybe Muffy may develop something mutually deeper for Frankie as well...

But yes, welcome aboard FrenskyStar; pwnsome avatar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenskyStar on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Wow, it's about time Arthur had a HoYay section. It's always so much fun to read through those and go through memory lane.

Yeah, in that episode, Muffy totally WAS acting like that. She wouldn't stop talking about Francine, yeah, and of course, what reason would she have for owning clothes just like her friend's?

Francine is my absolute favorite. I love how she knows that she's rude (Sue Ellen and the Brainasaurus, "I'm kind of a rude person) but she doesn't know just how rude she is. But she also has that super soft and nice side like in DW's Bad Mood, where she was so determined to help DW out, and also just a load of great moments.

Really, it DOES seem like it varies: sometimes it's Francine being the fawner, and other times, Muffy is the one having feelings. I don't know which I like better! Believe me, if I got a preference, I'd write about them.

Wow, that's not just Francine-level jealousy... That's triple her usual. It makes me wonder how many moments I've missed.

Muffy Gets Mature was terrific. Muffy was just so adorable, being the mature one and following Mature Miss. That ending scene was my favorite though. So much depth.

Thanks! I typed out a reply, but it got lost to the void, but oh well, I guess I just need to get used to it here!
FrenskyStar
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:11 pm

FrenskyStar wrote:
Francine is my absolute favorite. I love how she knows that she's rude (Sue Ellen and the Brainasaurus, "I'm kind of a rude person) but she doesn't know just how rude she is. But she also has that super soft and nice side like in DW's Bad Mood, where she was so determined to help DW out,
That actually always bothered me, and it's an early example of what a hypocrite she can be: she tells D.W., "I'm Arthur's friend, when something's bugging him, I wanna help!" No she doesn't, she eggs it on and takes pleasure in razzing him about it. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenskyStar on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Yeah, she's a hypocrite sometimes. I like her anyway, somewhat even for the fact that she can be such a jerk and not even know about it.
FrenskyStar
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:31 pm

It's those little personality flaws that make characters like Francine and Muffy so interesting.  I can't say I'd necessarily get along with them if I knew them in real life, but they're sure fun to watch from a safe distace.  Smile
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:15 pm

True, but you have to admit, as mentioned in another thread, both of them have really suffered from Flanderization in recent years: it's like most episodes focused on them has them trying to one-up the other at something, and their hypocritical nature have been their biggest trait as of late (again, "So Funny I Forgot to Laugh" is the biggest example of this). I agree, their flaws make them more real and believable, but they've become kind of one-dimensional as of late.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:40 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:It's those little personality flaws that make characters like Francine and Muffy so interesting.  I can't say I'd necessarily get along with them if I knew them in real life, but they're sure fun to watch from a safe distace.  Smile
they cant help it mabbe?
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Returning briefly to MacFrensky, here's an interesting little epiphany -

Consider:

-Francine and Muffy are clearly playing the roles of a married couple in this episode - Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.
-Muffy's initials for her full name (Mary Alice Crosswire) work out to be M.A.C.
-If Francine and Muffy were married and followed the current trend of hyphenated last names, Muffy's name would become Mary Alice Crosswire-Frensky...

...or, MACFrensky!
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Francine Frensky on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Why yes, of COURSE I'm a thespian!  Acting runs in my blood, after all. Cool
Francine Frensky
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:25 pm

That post seriously just made my night! XD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:54 am

A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Watching "Buster's Book Battle," again today, when Ratburn is posting the current point totals on the bulletin board in the hallway, Muffy excited exclaims, "35 points! That's my Francine!" What a proud lover Muffy is! lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top