mike1
mike1
King of France
King of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Francine Frensky: Lesbian.

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Francine is really more of a tomboy than a lesbian to be honest. Now if she is gay I really hope she'll be Bisexual because that is every guy's wet dream come true. Trust I know this because I'm a guy who likes bisexual Women! Very Happy I love you bounce cheers lol!

"If Only I Was Double D!" Shocked
Buster & Molly Lover
Buster & Molly Lover
Buster's Wants To Go To Molly's House!
Buster's Wants To Go To Molly's House!

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:28 pm

I like how you think Buster and Molly lover XD
I agree. She's gonna end up with Arthur
After Arbus and MuffCine splits up

Other people will call me a rebel, but I just feel like I'm living my life and doing what I want to do. Sometimes people call that rebellion, especially when you're a woman.

Joan Jett
ArthurFrancineFan
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:19 am

how do you mean they wind up like marrying?
mike1
mike1
King of France
King of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:24 am

4:56 Shocked
Sylvan Cascadian
Sylvan Cascadian
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:00 pm

C'est le fourrage des cauchemars des orangs-outans.
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
King of France
King of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 pm

Francine es un "orang-outan"?

4:56 "Regardez les nanas cool que je peux baiser"
Sylvan Cascadian
Sylvan Cascadian
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:37 am

I really hope that LGBT themes will be incorporated into the show because it will be really great to see in my opinion.
MikaelaArsenault
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:44 am

For "Postcards from Buster," just briefly touching on the subject drew the public criticism of then secretary of education Margaret Spellings: "Many parents would not want their young children exposed to the lifestyles pale portrayed in this episode." Because of those with asshole lifestyles who like to lash out at an obscure(?) children's TV show, I don't think it's going to happen soon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postcards_from_Buster#Criticism_and_controversy
Sylvan Cascadian
Sylvan Cascadian
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Sylvan Cascadian wrote:For "Postcards from Buster," just briefly touching on the subject drew the public criticism of then secretary of education Margaret Spellings: "Many parents would not want their young children exposed to the lifestyles  pale  portrayed in this episode." Because of those with asshole lifestyles who like to lash out at an obscure(?) children's TV show, I don't think it's going to happen soon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postcards_from_Buster#Criticism_and_controversy

If the Arthur crew ever introduces an lgbt character to the show or an existing character comes out as gay just to spite Margaret Spellings I will DIE HAPPY. If said character is Buster or someone in his family it would be twice as sweet because then we'll know it's revenge for what happened to PFB.

It's just such a shame that a single person was responsible for cutting the funding for such great show because she didn't want children eXpOsEd to theiR LiFeStYleS. Seriously. This horrible woman basically cancelled an entire show with her homophobic bigotry.

I mean, look at the number of cartoons that have LGBT characters/couples now. Adventure Time with Princess Bubblegum and Marceline. Steven Universe with Ruby and Sapphire. The Loud House has a character with gay dads! At this point, it really wouldn't be much of a surprise if Arthur decided to follow suit.

(i don't watch the show but they're so frigging cute)
CMSAB11
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:15 am

"Buster meets the children and comments, 'Boy, that's a lot of moms!'"

Oh, I finally got where the username came from
Sylvan Cascadian
Sylvan Cascadian
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 pm

Hence A Lotta Moms.
MikaelaArsenault
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:31 pm

LGBT subject matters have always been controversial in children's entertainment, and continue to be so even to this day (not so much during the Obama Administration since he championed LGBT Rights, but Trump and his base have made it taboo again).

- DEXTER'S LABORATORY had an episode of its supporting segment DIAL 'M' FOR MONKEY banned because of a parody of Silver Surfer depicted as flamboyant and effeminate; this was banned as a result of Marvel not being keen on the idea of such a parody of a character they own.
- COW AND CHICKEN's infamous banned episode "Buffalo Gals" featured a motorcycle gang of incredible butch women (gravely voices, short hair, masculine builds, hairy bodies, tattoos, etc) that partook in activities such as breaking into homes and munching carpets, and playing soft ball. Like PFB, all it took was a written complaint from one angry mother to get this episode banned.
- SESAME STREET's South African co-production introduced an HIV-positive Muppet named Kami to their show in the mid-2000s - it was even explained that the character was born with the disease because it's such an epidemic in the country. Unfortunately, when news got out in the U.S., people freaked out because of the stigma that HIV automatically means AIDS, and that only gay people have AIDS, so people were assuming SESAME STREET in the U.S. was introducing a gay Muppet. This also eventually lead to. . . .
- In the mid-2000s, moral guardian groups were calling for a boycott for almost all major children's entertainment, including shows on PBS, Disney, and Nickelodeon, due to a PBS Kids promo that featured characters from these channels to the tune of "We Are Family." Somehow, these groups interpreted this promo as promoting tolerance towards the LGBT community.
- When J.K. Rowling outed Dumbledore as gay, parents across the country began burning HARRY POTTER books, accusing her of trying to brainwash and indoctronate children into the "evil cult" that is the LGBTQIA community.
- And yes, even THE LOUD HOUSE is facing backlash for this as well, and not just because of the gay dads, but also because it's been revealed one of the Loud sisters is bisexual, having a crush on an older male teacher, and a girl her own age. While THE LOUD HOUSE is actually being praised for such inclusion of characters like this, as you can imagine, it's also receiving backlash from morality groups accusing Nickelodeon of pushing agendas.

You would think we've made a lot of progress since the infamous banned episode of PFB, but that fact remains: we haven't. Even with President Obama championing and advocating for LGBT rights and such, that progress was, sadly, merely a dent that Trump and his goons have since buffed, and now we're back to square one. More recently, AT&T released a commercial in which a gay couple hire a lesbian babysitter for their kids . . . people have been dropping their AT&T services as a result, again, accusing AT&T of "pushing agendas."

The sad truth is we don't live in a rose-colored world - as much as we may like to see more of these kinds of characters depicted and represented in children's entertainment, it will probably never work in the grand scheme of things . . . at least not in America. America still has such narrow and close-minded views of the LGBTQIA community that other countries such as Canada have long grown out if. If things worked out differently, and Trump didn't enter the White House, who knows, maybe things may have continued to progress a little more, but the fact is things quickly regressed right back to where they were as soon as he was sworn in . . . one of the first things he did was have LGBT resources removed from the official White House website.

All this being said, I don't think we can blame the demise of PFB entirely on that one controversy, because let's face it: PFB was a rather weak spin-off anyway. Buster works better as a character when he plays second fiddle to Arthur, but carrying his own show isn't the kind of character he's cut out to be.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ILikeToons on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:26 am

In many ways we are like scared mice, take two steps forward, then three back.  Love knows no bounds, if you love someone, boy, girl, trans, or the many other genders we give ourselves, you are lucky.  Some may never find love, and others lose love to illness and death.

So go hug someone today, fall in love, jump, run, dance, life is too short for all we put upon ourselves.

Last edited by ILikeToons on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ILikeToons
ILikeToons
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyandPal96 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:02 am

And guess who helped found our dear network that brings us Arthur?

http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/2011/08/hartford-gunn-public-radio-television.html

Wherever he is right now, let's celebrate this moment with the very first logo:

MarleyandPal96
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:59 am

I can only imagine the people chimping if they were to find out if Francine was a lesbian.
MikaelaArsenault
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 am

MarleyandPal96 wrote:And guess who helped found our dear network that brings us Arthur?

http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/2011/08/hartford-gunn-public-radio-television.html

Wherever he is right now, let's celebrate this moment with the very first logo:

And don't forget Officer Clemons!
Sylvan Cascadian
Sylvan Cascadian
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:18 am

Don't get me wrong, I personally would be totally fine with Francine coming out, and of course I'm a Prunina shipper . . . but even in spite of what little progress was made from 2009 to 2017, I still don't see any outright indication of any such sexual orientations from characters like this any time soon. Not to mention, honestly, ARTHUR's target audience is, for the most part, an age bracket they really has very little knowledge or experience with romantic love - in fact, most kids that age think in terms of cooties, and think love and mushy stuff is gross anyway.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyandPal96 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:43 am

don't forget Lance Loud from An American Family, a show that put regular PBS on the map. Here's an interview (warning: this interview is for the toughest of the Slumsters)

MarleyandPal96
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:Not to mention, honestly, ARTHUR's target audience is, for the most part, an age bracket they really has very little knowledge or experience with romantic love.

Yeah. I don't think it's necessary to talk about it overtly. Just acknowledging that there are gay couples like what Postcards from Buster did would be the best thing to do.
Sylvan Cascadian
Sylvan Cascadian
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:36 am

MarleyandPal96 wrote:don't forget Lance Loud from An American Family, a show that put regular PBS on the map. Here's an interview (warning: this interview is for the toughest of the Slumsters)

Although I'm not familiar with the show, I can tell that he is really interesting and unique. These older interviews exude more personality, so seem to leave much more fodder for thought than today's gimmicky and formalized ones. All the pressure he reveals he has with his relationship with his parents and media exposure makes his wit and bubbly personality that overshadows it all the more fascinating.
Sylvan Cascadian
Sylvan Cascadian
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:16 am

Francine she is or they are
mike1
mike1
King of France
King of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:16 am

?
mike1
mike1
King of France
King of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Francine
MikaelaArsenault
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyandPal96 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:25 am

We can go all crazy for Francine to come out of the closet, HOWEVER--

Arthur x Francine people or as I like to call it- "Frathrur" will bring up the ending of "And now let's talk to some kids" from season 2, which could be canon since it's NOT an imagine spot.

MarleyandPal96
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next