Prunella Deegan A Tough Customer?

Go down

Prunella Deegan A Tough Customer?

Post by In_Correct on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:10 am

Prunella is shown with very few friends. They are either in the 3rd grade such as Muffy, from a different school, or in her 4th grade, which are entirely Tough Customers. It seems that every 4th grade student (and Binky) is viewed as a Tough Customer. While it is true that the different grades in elementary school do not get along with each other and / or see each other as foreigners (such as in the Recess show) as if they were students from a rival school such as Mighty Mountain ...

[Catching My Breath And Drinking Some Water.]

... and that Prunella does not seem to like her classmates and class partners in Arthur's Dummy Disaster. She sits with them at lunch, and bullies the students as any of the other Tough Customers, some who do not bully but are just intimidating in appearance, ... as well as Binky Barnes who does want to hurt Arthur even if Arthur asks him to knock his loose tooth, ... Prunella seems mean spirited in some episodes.

Even though she does not prank people, she scares the younger students on purpose with dramatic stories of things that she and her sister has experienced.

This is before she met Marina.

Before she met Marina, her role in The Arthur Show was to

1. Practice fortune telling she learned from her sister.
2. Warn the new 3rd grade students that they are doomed.

There are a few times that she is helpful to them such as cleaning Fern's house in Fern's Slumber Party, helping Arthur with his home work in Team Trouble, helping Arthur again in the Mr. Puffy episode, and offering to help Buster think that a cushion is his father.

Of course the best Tough Customer would be Arthur Timothy Read, but there are plenty of topics on that.

In_Correct
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prunella Deegan A Tough Customer?

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:30 pm

There was an episode where she had a arts & craft class with them. No Wait!...She was partners with Rattles and Molly in a game against Buster Binky 2 and Brain I see your point.
Buster & Molly Lover
Buster's Wants To Go To Molly's House!
Buster's Wants To Go To Molly's House!

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:49 pm

They could have easily made the sole major fourth-grade character either a benevolent, all-knowing messiah or an unsympathetic foreigner, but instead made her a quirky and sometimes pushy person who nevertheless enjoys a friendship with the third graders. This seems like a much more realistic depiction of older-younger relationships at their age. The dissonance that is present sometimes between Prunella and the third graders are hilarious, but at the same time, it is nice to see their good-natured relationship.
Sylvan Cascadian
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 pm

In_Correct wrote:Of course the best Tough Customer would be Arthur Timothy Read, but there are plenty of topics on that.
It's funny, at first it seems baffling how Molly's sort of "into" him for a while, but the more you examine his character, the more sense it makes.  I guess it takes one to know one, right?
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:50 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:
In_Correct wrote:Of course the best Tough Customer would be Arthur Timothy Read, but there are plenty of topics on that.
It's funny, at first it seems baffling how Molly's sort of "into" him for a while, but the more you examine his character, the more sense it makes.  I guess it takes one to know one, right?

Kind of in this sense

Sylvan Cascadian
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:52 pm

To be honest, when I first started watching Arthur episodes I was surprised that Prunella was one of the main characters. Before that I only saw her in the Living Books games and there she was kind of a meany. Smile
Coyote_Mao
Arthur's Underwear
Arthur's Underwear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down