Animation disasters

Go down

Animation disasters

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Everybody hates the animation of the show after they started making them with flash, but apart the fact that it's animated in flash, no specific reason is provided. I think we all hate the new look by feels, but it would be interesting to analyze what exactly is wrong with the new designs, and maybe justify our criticisms even further.

I'll start

I can tell by first sight they just slapped the images of characters on each other without any consideration to distance.

They also just slapped images on each other here, Arthur's mouth looks unnatural (in fact, all faces look the same with other scenes and have no variety), and all the faces just look plain ugly, composed of simple lines and curves.

Last edited by Sylvan Cascadian on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sylvan Cascadian
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE:

Post by In_Correct on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:27 pm

Sylvan Cascadian wrote:Everybody hates the animation of the show after they started making them with flash, but apart the fact that it's animated in flash, no specific reason is provided. I think we all hate the new look by feels, but it would be interesting to analyze what exactly is wrong with the new designs, and maybe justify our criticisms even furthur. It would also be fun to lampoon the ugly puppetlike character movements and the disjointed character designs.

I'll start

I can tell by first sight they just slapped the images of characters on each other without any consideration.

They also just slapped images on each other here, Arthur's mouth looks unnatural (in fact, all faces look the same with other scenes and have no variety), and all the faces just look plain ugly, composed of simple lines and curves.

I all ways wondered why every body is unusually smiling in the more recent seasons.

In_Correct
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Animation disasters

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:54 pm

DW's facial expressions in the early seasons were pure art. Now everybody looks the same.
Sylvan Cascadian
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 pm

MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:44 pm

Glad someone brought this up. I've been thinking about this recently. Here are some of my thoughts regarding the new flash animation...

I think one thing affects every character in the entire show: the eyes. Look at the eyes from the traditional animation and compare them to the new style. The flash eyes are so much bigger (i.e., there is now much less white space and larger black dot pupils). For whatever reason, this seems to make a huge difference. Also, they are much more oval-shaped when a character turns their face.

Other animation disasters are character-specific.

D.W.: She never used to have eyebrows, now all of a sudden, she does.

Binky: Usually one tooth on the left, two on the right, but now they change position depending on the angle he is standing. Same for the buttons on his shirt.

Muffy/Francine: Same face shape, animated completely differently. WHY? Francine's nose seems to jut out more, and Muffy's seems to get smoothed over when she turns.

Buster: He used to have a subtle point on the top of his eye. Now, they're completely circular. His ears also move strangely.

Arthur: His pupils are often off center with respect to the lens of his glasses.

I wonder what Ladonna and Bud would look like hand-drawn....
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvan Cascadian on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 am

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:
I think one thing affects every character in the entire show: the eyes. Look at the eyes from the traditional animation and compare them to the new style. The flash eyes are so much bigger (i.e., there is now much less white space and larger black dot pupils). For whatever reason, this seems to make a huge difference. Also, they are much more oval-shaped when a character turns their face.

The deadly stare:

Compare with this

The shapes of their mouth and the creases are always the same in the new ones, and are horrendous.
Sylvan Cascadian
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ITOLDYOUNOTTOTOUCHIT2001! on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 am

The flash animation in Season 16 to 17 are horrendous, it is a example of What Not to Do in Flash. If Nature Cat, Daniel Tiger, and Wild Kratts can do Flash in a decent way, why can't these seasons?
ITOLDYOUNOTTOTOUCHIT2001!
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:16 pm

I do to miss the old Arthur Animation! pale
Buster & Molly Lover
Buster's Wants To Go To Molly's House!
Buster's Wants To Go To Molly's House!

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com