[ 2 ]
13% 13% 
[ 1 ]
12% 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Ladonna compson opinions poll

Post by pokemonlover731 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:50 pm

hey guys this is a poll about your feelings on Ladonna since its been 6 years since her debut,I thought I would do a poll to see If Feelings have changed or stayed the same

I personally have her as a fav of mine

This is worth fighting for,
You know we've all got battle scars.
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ladonna compson opinions poll

Post by ILikeToons on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 pm

I like her character and her brother Bud's too.
ILikeToons
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RecklesslyMindful on Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:59 am

Personally I fall on the side of enjoying her, although I can easily see both sides of the coin. It's certainly weird how many episodes she's gotten for being such a relatively new character (as many as or more than Fern, which does irk me a bit. -_-). And she's thrown off some of the familiar dynamics. She really feels like an original fan character someone made up and plopped into the actual cast.

On the other hand, no show was ever good thanks to being stagnant and unchanging. I don't want to be the guy who hates any change. Plus I couldn't ignore my gut instincts even if I wanted to, and my gut instinct is that I enjoy her. She can be funny and she's certainly unique.

I dunno. I suppose given all that, I'm somewhere along the lines of neutral-positive regarding her.
RecklesslyMindful
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:26 am

I like Ladonna, but can't stand Bud.
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:46 pm

MikaelaArsenault wrote:I like Ladonna, but can't stand Bud.

Basically this. At least Ladonna adds something to the show that it didn't have before. I really don't mind her. Bud is such a flat character to me. He's basically a replacement for James who was vastly superior in terms of characterization. Not to mention how damn boring and annoying his episodes are. "The Lost Dinosaur" was awful, I couldn't STAND Platy's voice.

White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 pm

I agree with general sentiment on Ladonna so far in this topic.  I know she's still controversial with overall opinion within the fandom being probably less-than-positive, but I've honestly always liked her.  I hope she gets a few signature episodes this upcoming season.

As for Bud, not so much.  His only real contribution to the Arthurverse came from the resounding effect he had on a certain isolated region of Zapata, TX.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:18 am

Lotta a raison sur l'argent en ce qui concerne le chapeau de Bud Compson, qui, je ne peux que l'espérer, restera gravé dans les mémoires éternellement comme un aliment de base du fandom Arthur (pour le meilleur ou pour le pire).
En ce qui concerne le caractère actuel de Bud, je suis généralement d'accord avec les remarques relatives à sa position étrangère dans la distribution, en particulier en ce qu'elle neutralise une grande partie de l'excentricité de DW (cela vaut également pour Debonna qui occupe une grande partie de l'ancienne position de Francine dans la distribution, bien que dans une moindre mesure moins dommageable) et servant de véhicule à de nombreux épisodes incroyablement sèches / prévisibles dignes d'un spectacle inférieur au calibre d'Arthur ("DW et Bud's Higher Purpose", "Bud's Knotty Problem" et "The Lost Dinosaur"), tous viens à l'esprit ici). Je trouve surtout que Ladonna est d'accord (surtout que son personnage est un peu moins cliché et odieux que celui de Bud et a un effet moins néfaste sur un pilier intégral du style comique précédent de la série), même si cela semble légèrement déroutant (présenter un personnage avec un héritage spécifiquement louisianais). un peu trop spécifique pour une série peuplée en grande partie d'archétypes, bien que l'héritage juif de Francine ainsi que d'autres détails tels que les allergies de Binky rendent ce point de vue quelque peu obsolète au cours des saisons plus récentes).

Les slogans de Ladonna ont aussi tendance à être dorés quand ils se présentent. Et maintenant, nous, Slumfolk, pouvons nous délecter en lisant 'sweet petunia!' traduit en français (hé, la Louisiane était la propriété des Français à un moment de l’histoire).
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
King of France
King of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:28 pm

he's brother of her Ladonna
mike1
King of France
King of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FAGS BAXTER on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:22 am

FIRST TIME I SAW HER I THOUGHT SHE HAD A DICK
FAGS BAXTER
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:23 pm

ASDFGJKLH

This is worth fighting for,
You know we've all got battle scars.
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MikaelaArsenault on Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:44 pm

CMSAB11 wrote:
MikaelaArsenault wrote:I like Ladonna, but can't stand Bud.

Basically this. At least Ladonna adds something to the show that it didn't have before. I really don't mind her. Bud is such a flat character to me. He's basically a replacement for James who was vastly superior in terms of characterization. Not to mention how damn boring and annoying his episodes are. "The Lost Dinosaur" was awful, I couldn't STAND Platy's voice.

I bet that this upcoming season, there will most likely be a Bud episode.
MikaelaArsenault
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down