Something Odd Going On...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something Odd Going On...

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Is anyone else experiencing this: two back-to-back episodes everyday now?

This is happening on my PBS right now: 4:00 and 4:30. I've never known PBS to play any episodes of any shows back-to-back like, I really don't know what to make of it.

Unfortunately, nothing good on right now; I checked the latest two-month schedule recently, and it looks like the next we'll get anything good is a few Season 4 episodes in the rotation sometime later in July.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something Odd Going On...

Post by BionicBunny on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:48 pm

I just checked South Carolina's ETV listings and yeah,I'm experiencing this too,with Caillou taking up it's usual 7:00 AM slot.Weird.
Season 4? Bout time.

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rummy on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Yeah, PBS advertised it, it's a part of their summer month program, I think.
Rummy
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by squid on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:29 am

I'm not experiencing it here on WLPB. (i'm in louisiana for summer, I usually have KETC) Also, I once experienced a Season 2 episode up on KETC.

Last edited by Le Squid on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eat mor chikin)
squid
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile http://jamesmedia.neocities.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BionicBunny on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:50 am

Apparently select stations are participating in a "double the fun" program where they show two episodes of select shows back to back,and it turns out we got Arthur.

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:10 am

I read an article online somewhere. PBS is evidently trying to boost its rating over the summer by playing the more popular and wide-age-range series back-to-back June through August. This is a major change from what PBS normally does. Arthur's been on at 7:00am on my station ever since I can remember until this summer lineup change.

If your local station is doing the double episodes, look forward to Seasons 4-6 in July! The episodes will be mixed with Seasons 11-13 episodes. Wish we could get Season 1 or 2 to air...
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:34 pm

well they dont even show it here but i cant see it anyway cause my slob ass dad took my goddamn phone an iPad just cause i was talken to my friend whose gay anyway but now i guess that makes me a wh0re in his shitass head and he sits in front the damn TV all day like some shitass dead puppet so I cant even see it on TV over his goddamn beefhead beerbelly fuck.  I wish i was dead.

Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BionicBunny on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 pm

That's funny Kerry

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BionicBunny on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Haha

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by squid on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:46 pm

@PrettyCoolStairs Like I said, I experienced Season 2 on KETC.
squid
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile http://jamesmedia.neocities.org

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:48 am

I've been looking around and it appears that double episodes *may* be coming back (at least temporarily) in November on PBS. According to schedules from KUED and KLRU, I've pieced together several bits on info, and it looks like beginning Nov. 16, Arthur will move to the 6:00am Eastern time slot (currently occupied by Caillou). The double episodes are reappearing during the 3-4pm Eastern time slot (currently occupied by the double Curious George hour). Included in the current lineup are some oldie/goodies: #0118, #0129, and #0201. Very Happy

PBS Kids does have a new show Nature Cat premiering Nov. 25, so I would imagine this schedule change I've discussed here will be somewhat temporary until this new show starts airing on a regular schedule. Though, I've also heard rumors that this new Nature Cat is only airing twice a week until a later date.

Of course, all of this depends on your local station and how much they carry directly from the PBS national feed schedule. But it is a glimmer of something to hope for and look forward to, especially with part of Season 1 airing!
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MagicToolBox on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Some stations such as NJTV in New Jersey still air the double run of Arthur and have continued to air it ever since it started last year. This Monday, the secondary run has "Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked/Best of the Nest". Interestingly, the primary run (seen on all stations) has a random "old episode" airing with "Arthur Loses His Marbles/Friday the 13th" but the rest of the week is all newer episodes. The rest of the secondary run for the next two weeks is Season 7 in order.

MagicToolBox
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Today's "Arthur Loses His Marbles/Friday the 13th" is part of a themed week for Grandparents Day which was on Sunday. All the episodes this week have a grandparent focus. They should have scheduled "The Half Baked Sale"!
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:17 pm

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:All the episodes this week have a grandparent focus. They should have scheduled "The Half Baked Sale"!
Tell me about it. "Grandpa Dave's Old Country Farm," "Arthur's Almost Boring Day," The Half-Baked Sale," "D.W. the Picky Eater," "Grandma Thora Appreciation Day," "Clarissa is Cracked." They all should have been scheduled; unfortunately, all by the latter two are from Season 1, which (until we see for sure) is retired from the rotation.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum