Casting Arthur Characters...

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Casting Arthur Characters...

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:42 pm

After already doing HEY ARNOLD!, now I feel compelled to try and cast the ARTHUR characters in HA!'s dueling show: RECESS.

Okay, this is really difficult, but here it goes:

Francine as either Vince or Spinelli. She fits the bill as Vince, because both are the greatest athletes in their respective schools, and both have a tendancy to get a little overly competitive when they don't mean to, and usually don't like to be proven wrong. On the other hand, she also fits the bill as Spinelli, because both are rough-n-tough tomboys who usually despise any activities associated with the feminine gender, and neither of them are above putting the hurt on somebody.

Binky as Mikey. Both are the largest kids of their groups, both have a deep appreciation for the finer things in life (poetry for Mikey, ballet and classical music for Binky), though while Mikey certainly isn't a bully like Binky can be, we know Mikey does have a slight passive aggressive streak in him when push comes to shove (which rarely happens, but still).

Brain as Gretchen. Again, it's a given: both are the smartest kids in school, and their intelligence exceeds far greater than most kids their age.

Arthur as Gus. You have to admit, Arthur can be a little wimpy at times, and with both of them being little bespectacled wimps who don't always get the respect they deserve from their peers, but still manage to somehow retain a positive outlook on like makes them a good match.

D.W. as Randall. Both love to tell on others and get others in trouble and have a good laugh about it at their expense, and are otherwise disliked by others for being annoying little pricks.

Mrs. MacGrady as Miss Grotke. Both are modern-day hippies and spiritual ladies who care about the kids; we also eventually learned Grotke also moonlights as an amateur magician, while we know MacGrady is something of an amateur fortune teller.

Ratburn as Prickley. Oh yeah. Both can be tough at times, and are often seen by the students as their enemy, but both show that all things considered, they do care about the kids, and even have childlike streaks in them as well.

Mr. Pryce-Jones as Finster. Lol!

Muffy and Prunella as Ashleys. I know there's four Ashleys, but Muffy and Prunella are the only two I can think of who would fit the bill as Ashleys - both can be snobs, both are fashionistas, and in Muffy's case, she comes from wealth like Ashley A.

Ladonna as Butch. Storytellers of tall tales, and I can totally see Ladonna hanging around in the shadows in a leather jacket, telling other kids urban legends that would scare the socks off other kids.

Fern as Library Kid. Deep love for literature, tend to spend their freetime curled up in silence with a good book, but both have been known to snap and lose their minds.

Sue Ellen as Swinger Girl. I dunno, seems like a good match to me.

But what about our main man, T.J.? Who would best fit the bill as him? Buster perhaps?

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WheeljackDude on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Steven Universe --

Molly - Garnet
Tough Customer Aardvark Girl - Amethyst
Fletcher - Pearl

and Steven Universe as himself.
WheeljackDude
Ass of Jacks
Ass of Jacks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheoDW on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:But what about our main man, T.J.? Who would best fit the bill as him? Buster perhaps?

Arthur is Theodore Jasper. George is Gustav.
One thing is true: Catherine is Becky Detweiler.
TheoDW
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WheeljackDude on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Doraemon --

Arthur - Nobita
Pigtailed Aardvark Girl - Shizuka
Binky - Takeshi (aka Gian)
Buster - Suneo
Jane - Tamako (Nobita's mother)

and Doraemon and Dorami as themselves.

Last edited by WheeljackDude on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
WheeljackDude
Ass of Jacks
Ass of Jacks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Roabe wrote:Rocky Horror Picture Show parodies are pretty much a cliche anymore, but here goes...

Mr. Ratburn as Dr. Frank N. Furter
Buster as Rocky Horror
Arthur as Brad Majors
Sue Ellen as Janet Weiss
George as Riff Raff
Francine as Magenta
Muffy as Columbia
Brain as Dr. Everett V. Scott
Binky as Eddie
Fern as The Criminologist

Brad and Janet cannot be Sue ellen and Arthur lolz
Mind you there pretty much are not any polly perfect characters to fit the role other than her
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:02 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:I'm surprised I've overlooked this thread, it's really interesting.

Y'know, I can see some minor parallels between ARTHUR and HEY ARNOLD!, and I think I could probably see some of the characters swapping roles, perhaps...

Arthur as Arnold: It's a given; they're both the voice of reason among their groups of friends, but they're also creative and imaginative, and they really serve as the glue that holds their worlds together.

Ladonna as Gerald: This would be a little weird, but I think of all the characters from ARTHUR, Ladonna would be most suited as Gerald - Gerald was known for his tall tales and urban legends, and we all know how much Ladonna loves to tell stories, and maybe even stretch the truth a little when she does.

Francine as Helga: Now, don't start with the whole Frarthur business, because that's really the only aspect where the casting wouldn't work... however, we all know that Helga always pestered and harassed Arnold (because she liked him), and we've seen that Francine isn't above picking on Arthur for one reason or another, and she can be rough-n-tough like Helga, which makes her suitable for the role (and on that token, Catherine could probably fit the bill for Olga, even though it's clear the Frenskys don't show favoritism like the Patakis do).

Fern as Phoebe: It wouldn't really work in terms of Helga's friendship with Phoebe, but again, Fern really fits the bill, because they're both neurotic, studious, and the smartest girls of their respective classes... and they can have mischevious streaks in them, so again, Fern fits the bill as Phoebe.

Binky as Harold: Really, this is a given. Both are large, both aren't very bright, both use bullying as a way of giving them posture and status, and yet they both are really sensitive on the inside and are prone to little crybaby meltdowns. Oh, and they were both held back, too... but Harold must have been held back for years or kept getting held back repeatedly if he had a Bar Mitzvah in fourth grade (that means he would have had to be held back for four years, or four times).

Muffy as Rhonda: Both are the school fashionistas, both come from wealthy families, both tend to think of themselves and put their own interests and agendas above those of their friends, and both are social snobs. Again, it's a given.

George as Eugene: George doesn't appear to be effeminate like Eugene is, but both are really optimistic about life and the world around them and such, so that might a good match. Binky sort of shares the appreciation of the finer things in life like Eugene does, but again, Binky is much better suited for Harold, no question.

Mr. Ratburn as Principal Wartz: Ratburn is too tough a teacher to be the sensitive, touchy-feely Mr. Simmons, so he'd probably be better suited for Principal Wartz, whose had a tendency to be strict and overbearing at times, but with a silly and eccentric streak that Ratburn seems to play very well at times.

Grandpa Dave as Grandpa Phil: It just makes sense.

Mrs. MacGrady as Grandma Pookie: Let's face it, Thora is too sane and too normal to be the eccentric and batty Pookie - Mrs. MacGrady has shown she can be a little kooky herself at times, which makes her a better fit for the bill.

Rattles as Wolfgang: Both are of older grades, and as such, both are in different classes from the rest of the group... Rattles, obviously, is much more of a softie deep down, while Wolfgang appears to be more of a straight-up bully... I don't know, it might work.

Molly: I can see her as one of the sixth grade girls, I don't remember their names, but I remember there was one episode where Arnold and Gerald try to act more mature and end up getting friendly with a pair of sixth grade girls who decide to humor them, but at the same time, they're also using them to their own advantage to make their callous boyfriends jealous... then there was another episode where Phoebe's intelligence level promoted her to the sixth grade, and a clique of them acted like they were taking her under their wing and letter her be one of them, but it turns out there were only using her to do little favors for them (like their homework and errands and stuff)... I can see Molly doing stuff like that.

That's all, except for Buster and Brain. Buster could probably work as either Stinky (neither are really bright, and tend to be simpletons), Sid (impulsive, insecure, but easily goes along with whatever schemes are being cooked up), or even Curly (Buster clearly isn't psychotic like Curly, but he's arguably the craziest one of Arthur's friends)... Brain, on the other hand, he would either be Gerald (token black) or Phoebe (the smartest of the group), but again, Ladonna and Fern are better suited for those respective roles. D.W. could probably be Gerald's annoying little sister (I forget her name at the moment)... then again, Gerald also had a jerkass big brother, Jamie-O, whose dynamics seems to be similar to that of Catherine with Francine, so... I dunno. I thought about Sue Ellen as Nadine (Rhonda's BFF, not D.W.'s imaginary friend), though as I recall, Nadine was an outdoorsy girl who liked animals and bugs and stuff, and Sue Ellen, as we know, has traveled around the world, so I'm not sure how that would fit.

The sixth grade girl is named Ruth. Arnold had a major crush on her.
Lila would definitely be Sue Ellen.
There are similarites between Helga and Francine but Helga is much more tormented and her Dad is an A-hole. Oliver is a nice guy. Olga is a passive aggressive pretend perfect nice girl who humiliates helga in such a way that only she notices where Catherine is an out and out bitch. Yeah I do see it though.

Arnold and arthur makes sense completely.
Arnold is however, one of the nicest cartoons ever created I dare say. Arthur has more flaws.
I see Buster as more of a Gerald. Best friend, popular bit a little more perceptive.
Rhonda and muffy would get along great with each other. They are both rich and doted upon. Rhonda is possibly more nasty in a way as again, Hey Arnold is more dark and yeah there are scenes with kids getting thrown in rubbish bins and helga was punched in the eye by one of the older boys. Wolfgang isnt as bad as ludwig, he was in juvie but yeah....

I really do not know what show or film to compare the Arthur cast with!!!???
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by WheeljackDude on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:20 pm

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory --

Arthur - Charlie
Grandpa Dave - Grandpa Joe
Buster - Augustus
George - Mike
Maria - Violet
Muffy - Veruca

and Willy Wonka as himself.
WheeljackDude
Ass of Jacks
Ass of Jacks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:33 am

I dont know enough about Maria so Violet is a gum chewing gymnastic full on eccentric.
Yeah i guess?
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:02 am

her ass be snobbin -_-
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:20 am

Who's ass be snobbin?
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by WheeljackDude on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:28 pm

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:I dont know enough about Maria so Violet is a gum chewing gymnastic full on eccentric.
Yeah i guess?

I was talking about the 1971 movie with Gene Wilder...

And besides, Maria is the only girl I can find who wears more blue than the others, just like the Denise Nickerson's character...
WheeljackDude
Ass of Jacks
Ass of Jacks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Actually being a massive sailor moon fan, got the japanese seasons
I see Buster as Usagi (Sailor moon) Usagi means bunny in japanese anyway AND buster is clumsy and loves his food like Usagi
Mars would be Francine, she always fights with Usagi and in the anime has a crush on Tuxedo Kamen who would be Arthur but his true love is Usagi lolz
Fern is a good mercury
Molly is Venus because shes "got it" yeah baby shes got it
DW is a perfect Rini
In the last season there is a tiny tiny girl called Chibi just chibi and she is kate lol
Chibiusa is the brat hence DW Very Happy
Maria and Sue ellen would be good as Uranus and Neptune
They are smart and talented, well Neptune aka michiru plays an instrument.
They are also in love and openly so.
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:07 pm

WheeljackDude wrote:
ArthurFrancineFan wrote:I dont know enough about Maria so Violet is a gum chewing gymnastic full on eccentric.
Yeah i guess?

I was talking about the 1971 movie with Gene Wilder...

And besides, Maria is the only girl I can find who wears more blue than the others, just like the Denise Nickerson's character...

True and I discount the 2005 version as non existent, it was awful in my opinion so yeah Gene wilder is irreplaceable and Maria does wear a lot of blue...so yeah
Muffy is the perfect Verruca salt
*pushes ed crosswire over* Youre always making things difficult heehee
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bananomanoman on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Hmmm... Let me think, How about Max and Moritz the old German children book, lets see

Max And Moritz - Would be play as The Tibble Twins because Max and Mortiz have created the troublesome twins trope where two twin characters who creates mischief ,play shenanigans and scares the neighborhood by the mere mention of there names.
So they will be perfect to play as them in the roll.

The Widow - Would be played as Fern, because the widow is quite charterers and becomes emotional when she see what happen to her chickens when Max and Mortiz did to them (I wouldn't tell what happen so not to spoil it, but it bad.) Fern just seems to fit the roll for it.

The Tailor - Would be Arthur, since the tailor did suffer dreadfully after Max and Mortiz tricked him, and Arthur seems to be the one who would receive the pain from the Tibble Twins like how tailor did with Max and Mortiz.

The Tailors Wife - Would be Francine, although she just a background character Francine would fit the roll very nicely.  

The Professor - Would be Mr. Ratburn because the professor is the teacher, and Ratburn would fit the roll as the bumbling professor.

Max and Mortiz Uncle -Would be Mr. Fritz because the Uncle in the story was a-bit of a fighter in the same way how Mr. Fritz is a fighter again the weeds in the community garden. He would fit the roll quite nicely.

The Baker - Would be Arthur Dad, David because David is a chef so it would be obvious he would be the baker of the town, Not to mention the roll he plays and how distraught he gets with Max and Mortiz running his baking.  

The Framer - Would be Binky since he plays the most important part in the story, not to mention he the reason why Max and Mortiz are well how can I say this... Hmmm... Don't play tricks anymore...

The Miller - Would be Buster, Although the Miller works with the framer, and played a part in Max and Mortiz no more pranks no more. It would be funny to see Buster being the innocent bunny child that he is, not knowing what Binky going to the Tibble Twins at his water mill.

Oh! and lastly.

The Widows Dog - Would be Pal just because Pal is a dog and the Widow dog is a dog, so perfect fit right?

So what do you guys think of my roll cast?  

Last edited by Bananomanoman on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:22 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Some misspellz Sooryz.)
Bananomanoman
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:12 am

I love it Bananomanoman

Its fitting for each character. LoL at Mr Fritz, you found a roll for him!!!
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bananomanoman on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:19 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:I love it Bananomanoman

Its fitting for each character. LoL at Mr Fritz, you found a roll for him!!!

Thank you,  Very Happy  Hey a little of topic, but did you read the story? Because I did and I enjoyed it, it was fun read and I like the pranks of Max and Mortiz did around the town. It was fun book.
Bananomanoman
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:28 am

No. I just liked the description. It sounds like an Arthur episode ironically. Ill look it up, so its a Germanic folk tale?
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bananomanoman on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:50 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:No. I just liked the description. It sounds like an Arthur episode ironically. Ill look it up, so its a Germanic folk tale?

Yeah Here's the story on YouTube, I hope you will enjoy it like how I did  Very Happy

Bananomanoman
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:15 am

Thanks
here is there future
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by WheeljackDude on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:54 am

Power Ponies (that superhero comic book team in MLP) --

Francine - Masked Matter-Horn
Muffy - Radiance
Sue Ellen - Zapp
Fern - Saddle Rager
Maria - Filli-Second
Ladonna - Mistress Mare-velous
Jenna - Humdrum (Yes, the original Humdrum was a pony before Spike's version)
Molly - Mane-iac
WheeljackDude
Ass of Jacks
Ass of Jacks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Arthur Bleach

Arthur - Ichigo
Brain - Uryu
Binky - Chad
Sue Ellen - Orihime
Francine - Rukia
Buster - Renji
Mr. Ratburn - Yamamoto
Supreme Dog - Sosuke Aizen

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:07 am

YES perfect casting, i looked them up
Masked matter horn is one feisty female pony or Pegasus?
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by WheeljackDude on Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:18 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:YES perfect casting, i looked them up
Masked matter horn is one feisty female pony or Pegasus?

Masked Matter-Horn is an unicorn.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Power_Ponies_ID_Annual_2014.png

Last edited by WheeljackDude on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
WheeljackDude
Ass of Jacks
Ass of Jacks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:20 am

I thought so with the horn but someone said she was a Pegasus on a forum when i looked her up...?
Im only just getting familiar with this fandom of MLP so i know little about the comics and alot of the characters unless i see them in images
ArthurFrancineFan
Slums Mama
Slums Mama

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:17 pm

General Mung Beans wrote:Arthur has a long and venerable tradition of casting its characters in parodies of various books and movies ranging from Oliver Twist to South Park not to mention more original imaginings such as in D.W.'s story.

For George Orwell's 1984
Winston Smith-Arthur: Both are quintissential "everyman" characters with fairly mild-mannered personalities.
Julia-Francine: Of the major female characters in Arthur, I see Francine as most similar to Julia as they are both athletic and can be harshly critical.
O'Brian-the Brain: Besides the obvious anagram, O'Brian is indicated to be a highly intelligent individual and have a large physique which would fit that of a bear character such as the Brain.
Parsons-Buster: Parsons is a very jolly but unintellectual fellow and by the description of his dwelling, a very messy fellow.
Mrs. Parsons-Fern: Not sure who to pick for Mrs. Parsons, so I went with the quietest and probably the most easily depressed girl in the series.
Syme-Ratburn: Syme is in the book the most intelllectually inclined character excepting possibly O'Brian. Like Mr. Ratburn, Syme is also described to have his own eccentric tendencies.
Big Brother-D.W.: Little Sister is watching you
Emmanuel Goldstein-Sue Ellen: Sue Ellen is exactly the sort of principled of principled opponent that Goldstein is portrayed as
matt?
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next