WTF is Arthur's Halloween?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WTF is Arthur's Halloween?

Post by BionicBunny on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:38 pm

So. I was poking around ImDB today and something caught my eye;Apparently there was an Arthur's Halloween special in 2004,however,I don't see it on any official episode guides,can someone please tell me if this was for real or not?

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF is Arthur's Halloween?

Post by General Mung Beans on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:48 am

I don't remember anything like that and considering I was a HUGE Arthur fan in third grade back in '04, I'd probably would have heard of it.
General Mung Beans
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:12 am

Likewise, I've never heard anything about this.  I remember coming across what looked to be a special edition of the Arthur's Halloween book one time while strolling through an arts and crafts store, but that's the only unusual Halloween-related item I know of.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:03 pm

I remember when the Arthur forums at the time (namely the Yahoo Group) talked about this, around when the BSB special came out.

The only thing I could find was a blurb on the no-longer-existing Arthur Worldwide (before Marc Brown Studios) website via the Wayback Machine archive...

Link.

I guess it got canned at some point for whatever reason. A shame though, an hour-long Halloween special on the same level as Arthur's Perfect Christmas or It's Only Rock n Roll would have been awesome.
Roabe
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:41 pm

I member that one.  They go Muffy house but theres these ghosts alla place but they never learn bout it i guess. Question
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BionicBunny on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:21 pm

That's not what we're talking about.

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:00 pm

well so u know i din't make it up -_-
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nope on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:38 pm

It was probably added to IMDB in anticipation it would be finished. I would point fingers at the mediocre reception the BSB special received in regards to why it may have been cancelled. Arthur's just one of those programs that works best as a TV cartoon, without any feature-length specials.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BionicBunny on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:00 pm

I suppose you're right.Still,it could have been the special that turned the show around...if you ask me,they should've stuck to specials based on holidays.

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Sorry to revive such an old topic, but I figured this was the most appropriate place to write about this...

An "Arthur Halloween special" may actually be a possibility, after all these years. This video ( http://www.azpbs.org/kids/ ) features the PBS Kids programming director briefly mentioning such a special (at 36:15 in the video; the entire conversation in context begins a few minutes before then). We do know that Seasons 20 & 21 will bring 2 specials, one of which is centered around D.W.'s birthday. Maybe the second one is Halloween-related? A word of caution: this was part of a Q&A session; it's possible the director was just spouting out a random show and tied it in with a holiday to allude to some kind of special programming event. At one point in the video, both he and the VP couldn't even think of one of PBS Kids' STEM shows confused, so this is by no means a confirmed announcement of a Arthur Halloween special/movie/event. Just something worth noting! Only time will tell.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top