Music, more music in Arthur

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Music, more music in Arthur

Post by Nope on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:00 am

In "Arthur's Underwear", Arthur is supposed to have boasted to try and place this piece blindfolded. He denies as there was no blindfold on hand. It is never actually referred as a concerto in the work's title, instead a prelude.

Oh yeah, here's the presumed "Rubinstein" referred to in "Arthur Plays The Blues" - not in a full body-cast.

Searches for the "Typhoon Concerto" go absolutely nowhere, sadly.

However, a search for Bach's Two-Part Invention in F Major brought this up!

I suppose Arthur is lucky his family was blessed with a fine upright piano. Besides that and Francine with her drums, it doesn't seem many of the other characters really bother with any musical instrument besides what was put onto them in music class. Arthur takes his lessons from Dr. Fugue and Francine at least practices outside of school.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Music, more music in Arthur

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Great finds!  I'm a big classical fan, Bach being among my favorites.  Naturally, I have to appreciate Arthur's occasional nod to finer culture.  The Muffy/Opera episode was a blast, too.

There's Binky with his clarinet, but it's not really a feature of his character. Nonetheless, I find it amusing because I was the only guy who played clarinet in grade school.  I'd say Francine is probably the most musical of the gang (that is, assuming she's not trying to sing and play the drums at the same time).  I really loved her spontaneous Nothing to do Today Day song in the Long, Dull Winter.  

Possibly my favorite Francine shot of all time.  Just look at that digestive tract!   affraid
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top