Season Twenty: Buster's Second Chance

HawkNHawk
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Name the Best Episode of Every Season

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Season 1: Tie between Arthur's Family Vacation (the most brutally realistic the show has ever been) and D.W Gets Lost (the plot is fun and the public announcement system is a far better character than Carl Gold).
Season 2: A tough decision, but I'll go with Buster Hits the Books for its memorable parodies of well-known literary works (remember when the show used to actually be about reading?) with either D.W's Deer Friend (that's how to do a heavily moral-centric episode, seasons 9-15) or How the Cookie Crumbles (the plot is weird, but the fun, enjoyable kind of weird. And banana was my idea! Without me, THERE WOULD BE NO BANANA.. sorry, the potion hasn't worn off yet, it seems) as a close second.
Season 3: An even more difficult decision (nearly every episode of the season is great to me). Since I could choose any number of episodes from this season as my favorite, I'll pick Arthur's Almost Live Not Real Music Festival (because of course) as my favorite and I'd Rather Read It Myself (a hilarious perfect storm of references to prior D.W episodes) as a close second.
Season 4: That's a Baby Show! (probably the most hilarious episode of the show). The Contest is a close second though, due to its humorous and well-executed references to other TV contemporaries of the time and its hilariously metatextual nods to common criticisms and audience inquiries about the show.
Season 5: You Are Arthur - it's at least an interesting and mold-breaking narrative in an otherwise bland, overly moral-driven season.
Season 6: Best of the Nest - an obvious choice, but it's still a compelling and entertaining episode in an unmemorable season. Not to mention the episode is a great instructional tract on the course of action kids should take when encountering dangerous animals - just do the hokey-pokey! Worked for me when someone tried to perform it to deter me from stealing second base again.
Season 7: Tie between Elwood City Turns 100! and April 9th. Do I honestly have to explain why?
Season 8: Bleep. At least it tries to break the mold at a time the show was beginning to become more safe and stagnant.
Season 9: Arthur Makes Waves. Anyone lacking any kind of positive outlook on this episode will be entering a world of pain.
Season 10: Happy Anniversary. Another obvious choice for obvious reasons.
Season 11: Probably Strangers on a Train, although calling that episode 'great' is still a stretch (let's just say I wasn't all that impressed with the season).
Season 12: War of the Worms. At least this episode had actual narrative events, unlike many of this season's work.
Season 13: The Great MacGrady. Do I have to explain? I also enjoy Prunella and the Haunted Locker - it has atmosphere, and seems to understand how to use it.
Season 14: Newsflash, it's the Agent of Change (even if the actual short we saw was presumably incomplete - we as the audience saw more footage animated for it than was included in the finished short).
Season 15: I honestly cannot choose a good episode from this awful season, although Muffy's Classy Classics Club is fairly okay.
Season 16: The Last Tough Customer. A wonderful conclusion to Molly's character arc, landing it as one of only three Season 16 episodes I would be willing to re-watch (the other two being Night of the Tibble and Buster's Book Battle).
Season 17: Caught in the Crosswires. A great delve into Muffy and Bailey's character and the dynamic between them.
Season 18: I'll pick Fountain Abbey (an unusual choice, I admit, but I wasn't impressed with The Tarby Tumbler that much) due to its interesting concept.
Season 19: Maria Speaks. Because Maria. What else do I have to say?
Season 20: Not seen enough episodes yet.
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffy Crosswire on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Season 1 - Arthur and the True Francine
Season 2 - Love Notes For Muffy
Season 3 - Arthur goes Crosswire
Season 4 - Muffys New Best Friend
Season 5 - Muffy Gets Mature
Season 6 - Muffy's Soccer Shocker
Season 7 - Muffy Goes Metropolitan
Season 8 - Muffy's Art Attack
Season 9 - Lights, Camera, Opera
Season 10 - World Girls
Season 11 - Arthur Sells Out
Season 12 - The Cherry Tree
Season 13 - Fernlets by Fern
Season 14 - Muffy and the Big Bad Blog
Season 15 - Muffy's Classy Classics Club
Season 16 - Muffy Takes the Wheel
Season 17 - Go Fly a Kite
Season 18 - The Friend Who Wasn't There
Season 19 - Francine's Cleats of Strength
Season 20 - The Butler Did It
Muffy Crosswire
Little Miss Mod - Moderator
Little Miss Mod - Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgelundgren on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:05 am

I like your picks!

Georgelundgren
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgelundgren on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:08 am

The Cherry Tree is an homage to Chekov's Cherry Orchard. The episode was written by Leah Ryan, a wonderful playwright who, tragically, die a year later of leukemia. She also co-wrote the Arthur cancer special, where Mrs. MacGrady gets sick....

Georgelundgren
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top