Flippity Francince / Muffy Takes the Wheel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flippity Francince / Muffy Takes the Wheel

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Believe it or not, this was the first chance I ever got to actually seeing this episode.

So, anyway, I think both were really interesting, and probably a couple of the stronger episodes of Season 16 (which, as we all know, was a pretty rocky season to begin with). It was interesting to see how Francine's accidental flip launched her into obscure stardom since Muffy posted the video online, it really showed how sometimes it's the most ordinary videos on the internet that become viral hits; I can understand that Francine was initially embarrassed of all the attention because she pretty much had a tremendous accident, but somehow Catherine thinking it's funny was enough to change her mind? Then, once she began doing it for the public, some become bored with her. That pretty much rings true too: by that point, it became overkill; it's like when you hear a great joke the first time, it's hysterical... but by the 50th you hear it, it's not funny anymore. Arthur seemed a little uncharacteristically nasty with how mad he was at Francine for losing the game on account of a genuine accidental flip. "Why don't you become our mascot or something?" Wow, Arthur, you went Frensky on us there for a while.

"Muffy Takes the Wheel" reminds me of a period of time in Grade 8 when I was having particularly hard time grasping math, and I actually got in trouble for having my dad help me too much. But years later, the shoe was on the other foot, because there was a period of time for a couple of years where my sister brought me in to help my niece with her science projects... and I ended up doing all the work while my niece simply goofed off in my room like a D.W. It was a good story, but I think Muffy's little imagine spot of worrying she'd hurt her dad's feelings to the point that he's so depressed that he gives up cars altogether and rides off into the sunset on Tommy's tricycle was really ridiculous.

Still, they were both good; can't believe I've kept missing it all this time.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Flippity Francince / Muffy Takes the Wheel

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:41 am

I was also quite pleased with both of these episodes.  They were amusing, portrayed two of my favorite characters very effectively (Muffy dynamically and Francine in a deceptively complex manner), and involved situations that most of us can really relate to these days.  Muffy Takes the Wheel was likewise familiar to me, having also been in situations as a child where I've become frustrated with my parents for trying to do things for me, and later as an adult when younger people would ask for help on something and then expect me to do everything.  Flippity Francine was excellent because of how accurately it portrayed the mental/emotional cycle someone goes through who becomes the center of a legitimately amusing joke, and some of the defense mechanisms they may use to mitigate the situation (i.e. playing along and even repeating it to transform the teasing into praise).  

Honestly, I think that the later seasons have had a lot of very strong episodes.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:38 pm

After watching again today, I've come across something of a continuity error.

When Buster Skypes Francine, he relays to her his experience of temporarily being a local celebrity back when he saved that cat from a tree, and told her how much he hated it.

That isn't true... Buster enjoyed being something of a celebrity: he was given freebies, he got special treatment wherever he went, he got publicity, and he was even talking about working on his own TV show... though he finally admits he didn't even really save the cat, he just got lucky (because the cat jumped down to eat his ice cream).

He also mentions to Francine that people finally stopped treating him like a big shot when he saved people from a runaway piano... again, that's incorrect, it just launched us into a, "Here we go again" deja vu... and Francine was actually one of the people he saved from the runaway piano... in fact, she was one of the ones who complained about Buster's special star treatment and what a big shot he was acting like.

But again, this is to be expected, continuity is going to be broken, it's unavoidable.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05 am

ok seen this one where FR4N fall on the a$$ an p33ps keep bein hella mean an shit, /\/\uFFy be laughen 2, needs get reckt but then FR4N all like OH OH OH LOOKA ME IMMA DO IT GAIN! an then shits all ok hella sudden w/her actin the fool or some shit. i dunno i din't like this one. Crying or Very sad
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top