Name the Worst Episode of Every Season

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Name the Worst Episode of Every Season

Post by TwinkletheMarvelHorse on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:55 pm

In my personal opinion:
Season 1 : Either Arthur: World's Greatest Gleeper (from memory) or
Season 2: Arthur's Mystery Envelope (Season 2 has too many good episodes, in all honesty)
Season 3: Arthur Goes Crosswire
Season 4: Arthur's Big Hit
Season 5: I'll go with 'The Big Dig' on this one.
Season 6: For Whom the Bells Toll is the poorest quality in some cases (they went too far with D.W PRETENDING to have lost her voice later on). Otherwise, I got nothing here.
Season 7: Ants in Arthur's Pants or To Tibble the Truth (although the moral was good)
Season 8: Vomitrocious or Desperately Seeking Stanley
Season 9: Binky Goes Nuts
Season 10: The Secret About Secrets
Season 11: Buster Gets Real or 'Baby Kate and the Imaginary Mystery'
Season 12: On This Sport, or 'Never, Never, Never'
Season 13: MacFrensky
Season 14: In My Africa
Season 15: Best Enemies/ Through the Looking Glasses
Season 16: So Funny I Forgot to Laugh
Season 17: Molina's Mulligan
Season 18: Surprise! (the ending kills it for me) or Best Wishes
Season 19: One Ornery Critter so far
Please note that these are my opinions. Every episode has a redeeming factor though, despite how bad it may be.

TwinkletheMarvelHorse
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:37 pm

I just saw "Besties" and I feel very safe thinking it will be the worst episode of season 19.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:52 pm

After going through the entire series I would like to update my list.
I will not count the Pal and Kate episodes, as I now skip them.
S1- Misfortune Teller: I never liked Prunella, and I found this to be a dumb plot
S2- DW Goes to Washington is narrowly beaten by DW's Very Bad Mood
S3- Attack of the Turbo Tibbles: (only because season 3 has no bad episodes and this one is just okay).
S4- Arthur's Big Hit (I do not hate it, just dislike it.)
S5- Arthur's Perfect Christmas
S6- Prunella's Special Edition: Great season and I already disqualified the one everyone is putting for it. It relies too much on Potter references.
S7- Cast Away: The crying sounded so fake, and it was unpleasent to keep on watching.
S8- Vomitrocious: It nearly put me to sleep. At the time it is the worst episode of the series.
S9- A is for Angry. It had Francine and Muffy at their worst and it is really bad on a rewatch
S10- World Girls. A topic I could not relate to. Sue Ellen's new actor gave an emotionless performance.
S11- Big Brother Binky: Promised to add more to the show, but Mei Lin is hardly seen again. I actually really liked Strangers on a Train. Still a very good episode from a great season.
S12- Match Maker Match Breaker: Dull, dull, and dull episode.
S13- A lot of Fern episodes, which is always good but also many bad episodes. The worst is the worst episode of the first fifteen seasons. "When Carl Met George." How do I start in expressing my hate for this episode. Perhaps with that when I was told by my family I hhad Aspergers all I could think was "Wasn't that the disease in the really boring and terrible episode of Arthur." All they did was make a stereotypicsal character that I related to slightly less than a table. The writers forgot that a disease does not make a character, but a character makes a representation of a disease. If I do not move on quick I will be here all day.
S14- In My Africa over "The Wheel Deal."
S15- Fifteen is the worst. Many plots that had little to do with each other. Whistling in the Wind is second. It makes a big deal out of nothing.
S16- Best Day Ever. It gives flashbacks in a less fun way than the original episodes. There is no point in watching it, thus it is the worst episode of the series.
S17- Dog's Best Friend.
S18- Surprise, but still a fine episode.
S19- Besties
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkNHawk on Wed May 31, 2017 9:38 pm

My list for Worst Episodes Of Every Season
Season One: Meek For A Week
Season Two: Draw!
Season Three: Arthur's Almost Real Not Live Music Festival
Season Four: Arthur's Big Hit
Season Five: The Election
Season Six: Brother, Can You Spare A Clarinet?
Season Seven: Pick A Car, Any Car!
Season Eight: Bleep!
Season Nine: "A" Is For Angry
Season Ten: Desert Island Dish*
Season Eleven: Buster Gets Real
Season Twelve: The Perfect Game
Season Thirteen: When Carl Met George
Season Fourteen: DW, Queen Of The Comeback
Season Fifteen: Buster's Carpool Catastrophe
Season Sixteen: Get Smart
Season Seventeen: Brain Freeze
Season Eighteen: Two Minutes
Season Nineteen: Buster Isn't Buying It
Season Twenty: The Hallway Minotaur

*By default

Last edited by HawkNHawk on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

HawkNHawk
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:09 pm

I don't know one from every season but here are my least favorites:

More! - What can I say about this? Everything went wrong and bad in this episode. Yes, they can't always smile, but jeez! This was like watching a compilation of everyone having a bad day!
It Came From Beyond - I honestly couldn't make heads or tails of what was going on here.
So Funny I Forgot To Laugh - No. Just no.
First off, we've had the bullying theme before, and why apply it to Arthur of all characters? This was in the wake of the airing of "The Last Tough Customer" so did they really think there were no more bullies and now Arthur has to suffice? Couldn't they at least have made a one-off racist character that bullies Sue Ellen and at the same time teaches kids that racism is wrong? But even that sounds wrong and controversial.

Second - the understatement of the 2010s - Arthur acts completely out of character in this episode. I can kind of understand that he teases Sue Ellen, but making lame sheepdog puns (it doesn't even make her look like a sheepdog, more like Sue Ellen Goes 80s) going as far as humiliating her via email and taping that picture of her onto her locker? Even the Tough Customers knew their borders and wouldn't have gone that far.

As if this wasn't enough, we also get an online comic based off this episode of all episodes. In the end you get three options for endings, one of them being that Arthur continues teasing Sue Ellen. What Arthur fan in their right mind would choose such an ending? I saw that ending screen, and believe me, it's heartbreaking, sad and completely unrealistic. You don't wanna see it. Don't pick the other one either; I haven't seen it but I don't wanna know what it is. Arthur apologizing and making up with Sue Ellen is the only true ending to this disgrace to the series.
ZeGermanArthurFan
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jekyll Jekyll Hyde on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:44 pm

My current opinions are as follows:

Season 1: Arthur's Lost Dog or Arthur's Chicken Pox. Both weak, childish episodes.
Season 2: D.W's Very Bad Mood. Still enjoy it, but D.W's behaviour here was a little too extreme even by her glorious Fallon-era standards.
Season 3: Arthur Goes Crosswire. In a season where nearly every episode is great, this one is simply sort of okay. Despite this, I love Melissa Altro's delivery of 'vomitrocious!' and wish Muffy could say it more frequently (the fact she didn't during the episode of the same name was vomitrocious! The writers were so rude!).
Season 4: Arthur's Big Hit structurally, due to its broken moral, however I gotta agree with A Lotta Moms on this one - the episode is truly absurd, and it's fun to bask in its incoherence (and Michael Yarmush's hammy delivery of 'I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH IT!'). For pure enjoyment value though, I'll go with Hide and Snake, which had literally nothing interesting to offer.
Season 5: The Cave, being overly clichéd and dull. The Big Dig is a close second though. Writing an intentionally boring episode does not make the final product any less dull, or its dullness any less justified (imagine 'hey, I wrote this episode to be terrible on purpose!').
Season 6: More! or For Whom the Bell Tolls - both prime examples of D.W at her absolute worst. I actually sort of liked 'The Secret Life of Dogs and Babies', believe it or not.
Season 7: Is There a Doctor in the House? Unless you take the whole 'Unfaithful Jane' theory into account, this episode is a slog. Ants in Arthur's Pants is a close second though for its unwarranted deception of innocent viewers (the title of this episode is the equivalent to titling Arthur's Big Hit 'D.W Down and Out', except even worse).
Season 8: Vomitrocious! Did we need a episode about this topic, told in a disgusting/mean-spirited way, with Muffy not even stating the title in her wonderfully hammy way? In terms of enjoyment though, I consider Desparately Seeking Stanley a depressing march.
Season 9: Binky Goes Nuts. There was no reason for Binky to gain a peanut allergy, nor was there any need for the episode to spiral into a heavy-handed moral anvil on allergies. Not to mention that Binky's anaphylaxis is virtually never referenced again, rendering the episode pointless.
Season 10: The Secret About Secrets. The secret about secrets is apparently that they're lame and clichéd, wrapped in a poorly written wasteful narrative, because that's certainly what I garnered here.
Season 11: Buster Gets Real. Our favorite bunneh completely out of character? DIETRICH SMITH YOU JEKYLLIAN MASTERMIND!!!
Season 12: On This Spot... what was I taking about again?
Season 13: Paradise Lost. The only redeeming factor is this episode is the title, which sums up the show's quality by this point perfectly.
Season 14: The Great Lint Rush, completely destroying any realistic integrity the show had left by this point. Buster Baxter and the Letter from the Sea is a close second though, due to how whitewashed and heavy-handed the episode feels.
Season 15: The entire season, save for maybe Muffy's Classy Classics Club. Come back, Joe Fallon! Please?
Season 16: So Funny I Forgot to Laugh, which is such a clichéd and obvious choice that it's so funny...even if I forgot to laugh.
Season 17: All Thumbs. Everyone's favorite bunneh acting out of character again? DIETRICH SMITH YOU ENIGMATIC DIABOLUS!!!
Season 18: Best Wishes. Nothing new to say - it's a dull ripoff of numerous previous episodes.
Season 19: One Ornery Critter. You think... this plot might have been done before in numerous other shows... in a better way? You say it has? Why sweet petunia!
Season 20: Not seen enough episodes yet.
Jekyll Jekyll Hyde
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top